Sign Shankland!

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Someone is going to blink today..!

If he's offski Ayrvwant to move fast for a replacement, if his next club is in Scotland or EFL then that club wants him on the team bus tomorrow.

you have to read between the lines of Ayr's statements where the say 'Significant Fee' and 'Add Ons'... to Ayr anything over £50k is a significant fee, and to Ayr add ons are something they've probably never benefited before. So a well positioned bid over £100k will see Shanks on the move. Talk of over £200k is just that, talk! Its Ayr and probably Shanks agent trying to force someone's hand.

does anyone believe a club with Ayr's finances, coming up from League one could afford to pass up a £100k plus fee, to simply see Shanks sign a PCA in January and walk for nowt? Thats not going to happen, he is offski, for a lot less than £250k. That way Ayr can afgord to get a few playets in, and still have a decent fee going in the bank, with the possibility of a nice sell on bonus in the future.

The only question is.... are we the club making that clinching bid, to bring a player back to the club, who..... will probably cost us less today, than he would if we had bought him when he was on loan..!

its a no- brainer.... keep your eyes on Asda car park.

I don't believe we are LPM...……...it would have been worth it right enough for the shits and giggles at you strutting yourself as "cock of the north"!!

14 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Someone is going to blink today..!

It'd make more sense for us to attempt to swap Stewart plus a bit of cash for him. Ayr would surely be more interested in getting a ready-made replacement, and I reckon Stewart is more than good enough for the Championship.

Not that I believe we are in for him, but if we were that's what I'd be doing.

9 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

It'd make more sense for us to attempt to swap Stewart plus a bit of cash for him. Ayr would surely be more interested in getting a ready-made replacement, and I reckon Stewart is more than good enough for the Championship.

Not that I believe we are in for him, but if we were that's what I'd be doing.

he wasn't last year. They'd be swapping someone on the top of his game for a player that has every chance of not delivering. Would still easily be £200k+ even if Stewart was included. Think about it this way, how much would we get right now if we tried to sell Stewart? Probably not much, if the Ross County rumours are true, it's likely to be a nominal fee. 

I think people need to forget about Shanks, it's not happening. 

45 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

he wasn't last year. 

That's because we were romping the league and he really didn't fit JR's style of play. 

He scored 10 goals in 23 appearances for Alloa, and Shankland scored 15 over the same period in the same league (from 23rd December onwards).

I'd suggest he wouldn't be a massive downgrade for Ayr. If anything, it's a shame nobody's bought Shankland for megabucks because we might have got some of that money for Stewart :whistle

45 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I think people need to forget about Shanks, it's not happening. 

I do agree with that, though :lol:

Edited by Magic Monkey

Guest TPAFKATS

Don't think we should be wasting our time or money on shankland.
If we are going to go with a striker who's proven in league 1, I'd rather we kept Ross Stewart. I feel he could develop a lot more than Lawrence Shankland.

Some of the transfer figures being mention on here are fantasy... Or at least I hope they are. [emoji33]

23 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Message from manager Ian McCall :” I wanted to respond to the media speculation over the last 24 hours surrounding Lawrence Shankland. 

There have been enquiries, over the last few weeks, about a number of our players including Lawrence Shankland. All of these players are under contract to Ayr United Football Club. 

It would be wrong of me to mention clubs names however we have had a number of enquiries about Lawrence from North and South of the border. All of these clubs have been informed that we would be extremely reluctant sellers and that it would take a significant transfer fee with a number of add ons for us even to consider it.

in other words... we'll take £100-150k

It would be utter madness to even consider paying that sort of figure for a player who has only ever proven himself at League One level.

He has had several opportunities to shine in the Championship and failed to do so. No way should we be thinking about this for a Premiership challenge. Let Dundee waste their money.

On 8/2/2018 at 3:42 PM, Lord Pityme said:

I must apologise, How on earth did you see my post? I tnought the ignore function was water tight on here? You might want to flag that up to Div?

Drew is full of shit. He has nobody on ignore.

He's quite adept at trying to persuade others to use the ignore function though.

A true coward.

2 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Ditto for his odious pal Poz

Yeah when you get one, you get the other. :thumbsdown

Wandering around the forum either boasting of having people in your ignore list when you don't or sreeching at others to place a particular member in the ignore list when you dont use it yourself is especially scummy behaviour for people to indulge in. Both are over 50 years old too. Neither are teenagers. I know, I was shocked to find that out too.

Edited by oaksoft

35 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Ditto for his odious pal Pozbaird

Sadly, I was exposed to oaksoft's whimpering pish on account of you quoting it Andy.

Inexplicably, I don't have you on ignore. I think it's a nostalgic thing, as we go way back.  I'm clearly an old softy at heart.

So it seems I am a coward, according to your Insufferably pompous wee compadre. Oh well, that damning verdict has put paid to me deriving any enjoyment from my weekend *insert sad face smiley*.

Thankfully, as I have the wretched little irrelevance on ignore, I hopefully won't have to cope with any further biting commentary on my character.

As you were:)

Sadly, I was exposed to oaksoft's whimpering pish on account of you quoting it Andy.
Inexplicably, I don't have you on ignore. I think it's a nostalgic thing, as we go way back.  I'm clearly an old softy at heart.
So it seems I am a coward, according to your Insufferably pompous wee compadre. Oh well, that damning verdict has put paid to me deriving any enjoyment from my weekend *insert sad face smiley*.
Thankfully, as I have the wretched little irrelevance on ignore, I hopefully won't have to cope with any further biting commentary on my character.
As you were[emoji4]

Glad to be if service [emoji867]

Actually, I have no problem with you Drew, other than the fact that you’re a bit of a Cnut

It’s just pb that I find obnoxious

And oaksoft is no pal of mine. He’s a Cnut as well.

1 minute ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Glad to be if service emoji867.png

Actually, I have no problem with you Drew, other than the fact that you’re a bit of a Cnut

It’s just pb that I find obnoxious

And oaksoft is no pal of mine. He’s a Cnut as well.

On here, I believe that being a bit of a c**t is a badge of honour. It is something oaksoft can only aspire to, so please don't refer to us using like terms. He is non-league material. Hardly even registering.

You are an absolute throbber, though, Andy. Top tier stuff, and something you should be very proud of. I'm glad you don't associate with the likes of oaksoft. You would only be demeaning yourself.

On here, I believe that being a bit of a c**t is a badge of honour. It is something oaksoft can only aspire to, so please don't refer to us using like terms. He is non-league material. Hardly even registering.
You are an absolute throbber, though, Andy. Top tier stuff, and something you should be very proud of. I'm glad you don't associate with the likes of oaksoft. You would only be demeaning yourself.
Scored 2 in the first 18 minutes today

39 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Hope we're not considering wasting money on Shankland. Only proven at league 1 level. I still vividly remember his performance for Morton that night we we humped them 4-1 at Cappielow. He was absolutely horrendous.  Glorious evening :D

He was a lot fatter then and couldn't even score in a condom I was told  :rolleyes:

Shankland had one bad season in the championship where he was unfit and his confidence was clearly shot to pieces. He was good the season before and we were all delighted when he signed back up, before the Rae debacle dragged him down a level, so let's not rewrite history here.

I actually think the fact Shankland swallowed his pride, dropped down a level and got his fitness and hunger back is a massive credit to him, and he's on fire at the moment. He'd be a decent signing.