Sign Shankland!

Are we about to Trump Fylde..? Money in the bank now.

on a different note, i note some of the people suggesting Shankland isnt up to it for the Prem, are the same ones that said Reilly wasn't up to it either...

so if Shanks coming up from League One, scoring twenty odd goals is valued at £250k... how much could we have valued Reilly at if we had extended his contract, given he got his twenty odd goals for a club in a higher league..? £400k? £500k? Sometimes you dont know what you've got, till its gone!

12 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Just can't see it happening though Shankland will move onto bigger things . 

He bombed with us and Morton , did better in the 3rd tier , his confidence is up , but that won't last long in that cut-throat division. This is the last chance saloon for him. If he doesn't get his move now , he'll be consigned to lower division football anon.

6 minutes ago, billyg said:

He bombed with us and Morton , did better in the 3rd tier , his confidence is up , but that won't last long in that cut-throat division. This is the last chance saloon for him. If he doesn't get his move now , he'll be consigned to lower division football anon.

I agree but it’s just nonsense if anyone thinks we’re going to spend 200k on any player, let alone Shankland.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

on a different note, i note some of the people suggesting Shankland isnt up to it for the Prem, are the same ones that said Reilly wasn't up to it either...

so if Shanks coming up from League One, scoring twenty odd goals is valued at £250k... how much could we have valued Reilly at if we had extended his contract, given he got his twenty odd goals for a club in a higher league..? £400k? £500k? Sometimes you dont know what you've got, till its gone!

Reilly scored 11 league goals - goals against Lothian Thistle and the like aren't much of an indication. Shankland will score more this season for a side which may not be in the title race. I've nothing but admiration for Reilly and his season with us, but he should've accepted the improved contract offer if he really wanted another shot at the Premiership. Good player.

Says the guy who said that Danny Mullen wasn’t a striker!

43 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Says the guy who said that Danny Mullen wasn’t a striker!

If I were you i might keep that in my back pocket in the unlikely event you might be able to actually use it come December. Unless of course you now think he's going to rack up twenty plus this season? Lets see... over to you Danny boy.

28 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

If I were you i might keep that in my back pocket in the unlikely event you might be able to actually use it come December. Unless of course you now think he's going to rack up twenty plus this season? Lets see... over to you Danny boy.

Danny has every chance of matching Reilly's 11 goal haul in the championship last season, given he already has 2.

You appear intent on making this some sort of Reilly/Mullen contest, when most would have rather had both players in the squad. As Danny is here now, I'll be willing him into double figures and beyond - will you?

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

he's away to Ayr plus £50k for Shanks remember :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, class of 76-77 said:

What non league striker did we pay 75 k for ? 

Heaton from Darlington, my bad not emphasising he's a defender, from a non league club we paid £75k for and has barely kicked a ball. And since defenders cost less than strikers it just kinda highlights the point we've already paid out a big fee for a p/t non leaguer... makes Shanks look like a snip at £150k plus

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Heaton from Darlington, my bad not emphasising he's a defender, from a non league club we paid £75k for and has barely kicked a ball. And since defenders cost less than strikers it just kinda highlights the point we've already paid out a big fee for a p/t non leaguer... makes Shanks look like a snip at £150k plus

You try too hard to prove a point. Heaton will come good he is on a three year deal. Wait till Stubbs moulds into the player he wants in the defence. 

39 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You try too hard to prove a point. Heaton will come good he is on a three year deal. Wait till Stubbs moulds into the player he wants in the defence. 

You got the wrong end of the stick bud, i too think Heaton will slot in very soon as he's had to adapt to full time, pro football. And the pace of our game. I was making the point about what we have spent on a defender, as yet untested, verus a forward scoring for fun!

anyway when you wanting your roll and sausage?

Guest TPAFKATS
You didn't "not emphasise he's a defender", you called him a striker.
Like a politician saying he mis-spoke 🤣🤣

5 hours ago, turrabuddie said:
6 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I believe Heaton will become a good player with us, and one we will make money on. A shrewd investment by Stubbs.

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

You got the wrong end of the stick bud, i too think Heaton will slot in very soon as he's had to adapt to full time, pro football. And the pace of our game.

What are either of you basing that on? I'm not saying Heaton definitely won't become a good player for us but there is absolutely zero evidence so far to suggest he will.

Edited by LargsBud

53 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

What are either of you basing that on? I'm not saying Heaton definitely won't become a good player for us but there is absolutely zero evidence so far to suggest he will.

Just as there's no evidence he won't. 

10 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

You didn't "not emphasise he's a defender", you called him a striker.
Like a politician saying he mis-spoke

Let me be clear... by not emphasising his defensive skills i was not suggesting he hadnt any, futhermore for the sake of clarity let me be clear and further emphasise the need for clarity.

now thats politician speaks 

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Let me be clear... by not emphasising his defensive skills i was not suggesting he hadnt any, futhermore for the sake of clarity let me be clear and further emphasise the need for clarity.

now thats politician speaks 

A thoroughly strong and stable post.