Sign Shankland!

12 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Can't "force him"...................surely a managers job is to manage his players.............................

That is to encourage/persuade or any other term you like to be as fit as possible.

To remove a manager from this part of managing the players is utter deflection. 

We punted him because of it. His heart or head were not in it, he said so himself. As I predicted its a rod to beat us with. The usual suspects were wholly predictable. Watch the interview, a very honest boy. 

15 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

We punted him because of it. His heart or head were not in it, he said so himself. As I predicted its a rod to beat us with. The usual suspects were wholly predictable. Watch the interview, a very honest boy. 

To reiterate, I see a managers job to manage the players and I haven't mentioned any managers name in the Shankland situation.

Over on the other thread YOU lambasted Nealson for his teams performance, quite clearly putting the blame on him for his teams collapse? 

Looks like you pick and chose when it's a managers responsibility. 

Jack Ross didn't fancy Shankland and at the time his head wasn't in the right place. He went to Morton and was arguably worse than he was with us.

Fair play to the guy as he accepts that it was his fault that he wasn't performing. I don't see him blaming either of the managers or teams he was with. So for anyone else to do so, seems a bit bizarre or even contrived, some might say.

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

To reiterate, I see a managers job to manage the players and I haven't mentioned any managers name in the Shankland situation.

Over on the other thread YOU lambasted Nealson for his teams performance, quite clearly putting the blame on him for his teams collapse? 

Looks like you pick and chose when it's a managers responsibility. 

What you seem to find difficult to accept is that, despite various managers attempts,  Shankland was at those points in time virtually "unmanageable ". I'm sure that many with experience in management have had to give up on people with undoubted talent who,  without realising it,  are stopping their own progress.  Pastures new sometimes helped.  It has taken a couple of moves and a year or two to add maturity. It's good to see the lad doing well. 

Edited by St.Ricky

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

What you seem to find difficult to accept is that, despite various managers attempts,  Shankland was at those points in time virtually "unmanageable ". I'm sure that many with experience in management have had to give up on people with undoubted talent who,  without realising it,  are stopping their own progress.  Pastures new sometimes helped.  It has taken a couple of moves and a year or two to add maturity. It's good to see the lady doing well. 

Lots of words, meaningless until the end, brilliant. :byebye

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, HSS said:

What a goal from Shankland,even Adam Hammill would be applauding.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/55641336

Heard Shankland getting interviewed on radio Tay a week or so ago about his goal drought.

He was very confident it wasn't a big issue, he was sure he'd get back in amongst the goals soon.

Not a bad way to do that. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Heard Shankland getting interviewed on radio Tay a week or so ago about his goal drought.

He was very confident it wasn't a big issue, he was sure he'd get back in amongst the goals soon.

Not a bad way to do that. 

Cracking goal but ultimately it’s just one goal and won’t paper over the cracks that he’s been largely ineffectual this season. 
My jury is still well and truly out on him being able to cut it at this level. Hopefully for his sake and longer term for Scotland’s sake, it’s just been a bit of a drought that even the best strikers go through from time to time. I’m far from convinced though.

On 1/13/2021 at 12:54 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Cracking goal but ultimately it’s just one goal and won’t paper over the cracks that he’s been largely ineffectual this season. 
My jury is still well and truly out on him being able to cut it at this level. Hopefully for his sake and longer term for Scotland’s sake, it’s just been a bit of a drought that even the best strikers go through from time to time. I’m far from convinced though.

Agree with you 100% on this. He hasn't done much at all at this level. In fact his record is poor. 

He got his initial Scotland call ups off the back of his Championship form. I think he can consider himself very lucky to be part of the national set up. But it does give us an idea of how desperate we were for strikers at the time, given that we had to call up players from the Scottish Championship. 

Unless he starts banging in the goals soon though, I think he will lose his place to Nisbet.

7 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

Agree with you 100% on this. He hasn't done much at all at this level. In fact his record is poor. 

He got his initial Scotland call ups off the back of his Championship form. I think he can consider himself very lucky to be part of the national set up. But it does give us an idea of how desperate we were for strikers at the time, given that we had to call up players from the Scottish Championship. 

Unless he starts banging in the goals soon though, I think he will lose his place to Nisbet or Brophy.

FIFY.:rolleyes::lol:

• 6 months later...