Sign Shankland!

• 2 weeks later...

Time for the club to put up, or shut up! 

I get the underwhelming impact of Stubbzo's signings so far, that said i think a lot rests on the board's shoulders now regarding giving everyone connected to the club a boost by getting this lad in for Saturday. We have missed out on just about every capable striker we have been linked with, and we are up against one of them at Tynecastle!

Time for GLS & Tony to get down the coast and bring us back The Pony..!

Guest TPAFKATS

I've never heard anyone refer to him as The Pony. Is this a new nickname that you have made up along with the so called interest in signing him?
2 weeks between posts on this thread and they are both by you.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

I've never heard anyone refer to him as The Pony. Is this a new nickname that you have made up along with the so called interest in signing him?

So what we have learned is.. you dont know something, but you can reference a calendar accurately! 

Well done you... supersonic!

'Mon the Pony..!

Edited by Lord Pityme

4 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

We were interested in getting him back.

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Who was the manager who decided Shankland was not good enough for St Mirren?

Was he right or was this his biggest mistake?

I think the manager and player have a part to play in this.

The fact is he's proving he's got goals in his locker, that's the difference between some managers. 

27 goals so far this season. We could never afford him not in a million years. If only we had the manager to see his potential. In saying that Ayr play to his strength they are a right good team would say even better than we were last season. They are Aye we are St Mirren as the old song goes - Don't Look Back In Anger. Let's move forward by beating Hamilton. 

20 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Who was the manager who decided Shankland was not good enough for St Mirren?

Was he right or was this his biggest mistake?

I think this turnaround is pretty much down to the player himself, he said as much in the Alba ht piece. Wrong place wrong time with us. You have to give him tons of credit as we saw what he is capable of in the wrong mindset.

No doubt the usual suspects will soon be along using this as another stick to beat our club with. 

Just now, Ayrshire Saints said:

I think this turnaround is pretty much down to the player himself, he said as much in the Alba ht piece. Wrong place wrong time with us. You have to give him tons of credit as we saw what he is capable of in the wrong mindset.

No doubt the usual suspects will soon be along using this as another stick to beat our club with. 

Aye, our club have no part in him being a tad overweight. :lol:

Guest TPAFKATS
Aye, our club have no part in him being a tad overweight. [emoji38]
Can't force him to be fit or put in the required effort. As he said himself, Ayr was the last chance saloon before going part time. Seems to have worked.

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Maybe that was why The Pony padded out a wee bit when he was with us?  Too much Carrot cake, no enough Stick of celery.

8 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Aye, our club have no part in him being a tad overweight. emoji38.png

Can't force him to be fit or put in the required effort. As he said himself, Ayr was the last chance saloon before going part time. Seems to have worked.

Can't "force him"...................surely a managers job is to manage his players.............................

That is to encourage/persuade or any other term you like to be as fit as possible.

To remove a manager from this part of managing the players is utter deflection. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Can't "force him"...................surely a managers job is to manage his players.............................
That is to encourage/persuade or any other term you like to be as fit as possible.
Not deflection at all. A manager can coach and persuade. Some will be better than others at this. Some players will be more responsive to a managers coaching than others.
Maybe either of these were the issue during his time with us.
The days of managers bullying players are mainly gone, thankfully.

Whatever it was he underachieved at Aberdeen, St. Mirren and Morton.
Maybe he got his big move from Queen's Park to Aberdeen too early, maybe he's a late developer, maybe he's just finally screwed the nut.

4 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Not deflection at all. A manager can coach and persuade. Some will be better than others at this. Some players will be more responsive to a managers coaching than others.
Maybe either of these were the issue during his time with us.
The days of managers bullying players are mainly gone, thankfully.

Whatever it was he underachieved at Aberdeen, St. Mirren and Morton.
Maybe he got his big move from Queen's Park to Aberdeen too early, maybe he's a late developer, maybe he's just finally screwed the nut.

You see a managers ability to manage players as bullying? :blink:

Underachieved at Aberdeen? :1eye

I'll get back to you on e the rest tomorrow, things to do. :byebye

Guest TPAFKATS
Hopefully by tomorrow you will have re-read and understood my post(s).

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

How do you know the manager didn’t do all of that to no avail?

Have you never managed someone that you regarded as unmanageable? Is it possible that at that time the person was unmanageable?

Regardless of whether they went on to better things or not.

I used to be a bit of a fat bassturt. Then I thought, this isn’t good for me. So I went to the gym. Got fit. Felt good about myself. Performed better. Nobody managed me to do that.

And just for the record...........yes, I’m back to being a fat bassturt again! :D

4 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
25 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Hopefully by tomorrow you will have re-read and understood my post(s).

Not a chance!

8 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

How do you know the manager didn’t do all of that to no avail?

Have you never managed someone that you regarded as unmanageable? Is it possible that at that time the person was unmanageable?

Regardless of whether they went on to better things or not.

I used to be a bit of a fat bassturt. Then I thought, this isn’t good for me. So I went to the gym. Got fit. Felt good about myself. Performed better. Nobody managed me to do that.

And just for the record...........yes, I’m back to being a fat bassturt again! :D

F Man. - A man of little experience in managing people methinks. Has maybe read a text book or two. 

Going by Shankland's appearance, performances and his interview it looks like the penny has dropped and he has begun to grow up.

A talented boy who knows where the goal is and maybe now has clear goals of his own which make managing him easier. 

Edited by St.Ricky