Saints v Celtic, Friday 14th September

Only 867 tickets left for the Match V Celtic in the Home End.  Come on Buddies. Let's fill the ground for the match between Last Seasons Premiership Champions and Saint Mirren Last Season's Championship Winners.  Maybe new manager in charge.  What's not to like?  F Man... Only a short time now for you to take advantage of my offer to buy you a ticket for this home game. 

A Celtic season ticket holder in my work showed me the communication from Celtic that sets out the criteria for them to qualify for a ticket to the Saints game - it's something ridiculous like having attended the last 17 Celtic games - so fair do to them, the guys that do attend will be die hard fans.

1 hour ago, magnus said:

A Celtic season ticket holder in my work showed me the communication from Celtic that sets out the criteria for them to qualify for a ticket to the Saints game - it's something ridiculous like having attended the last 17 Celtic games - so fair do to them, the guys that do attend will be die hard fans.

Personally, I welcome fans from all of our opponents. Without opposition there is no game and without opposition fans there is no atmosphere. Well behaved but noisy fans (think W7) make the game what it is. Just my opinion. 

On 9/7/2018 at 10:51 PM, LargsBud said:

Looking forward to this one again. Hopefully we get the traditional new manager bounce. Will be a tough game but should be a good occasion and good atmosphere.

Would be great to see the ground rocking with Saints fans in full voice. 

Champions v Champions,  New Manager,  Floodlights Game. 

Pure sporting theatre. 

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:51 PM, LargsBud said:

Looking forward to this one again. Hopefully we get the traditional new manager bounce. Will be a tough game but should be a good occasion and good atmosphere.

IF that were too happen it certainly wouldn't be traditional. At least not as far as Saints are concerned. I'm hoping for a home crowd in full voice and a team trying to compete on the park. Anything more would be a massive bonus.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

IF that were too happen it certainly wouldn't be traditional. At least not as far as Saints are concerned. I'm hoping for a home crowd in full voice and a team trying to compete on the park. Anything more would be a massive bonus.

Took the words right out of my mouth.  Looking forward to the ground full and  rocking.

Will you be there? Very few tickets left in the Saints seats. 

Dont think Oran will add to the crowd really. Not for an OF game, there are many ST holders and matchday tickets holders who simply just dont like going to these games. Add to that the fact there is no 'safe' area for families, children. And no Panda club, then you can see where the club is shooting itself in the foot by making it even less appealing for saints fans to attend.

after Tynecastle, if we has come out of this game on Friday conceding more than six it wouldnt have been a surprise to many. Now that bastard, son of a bitch called 'Hope' has crept back into bed with that whore we know as 'optimism'... the unrealistic thoughts come in wave after wave.

resisting them, up to a point. If we do sign big Anton, and play him on Friday then for me seventh heaven would be keeping a clean sheet! We dont look like goalscorers yet, unless Oran can free up some support for big Brocky?

I'm going to miss this one due to a miscommunication with the wife - who has arranged for the wee man to go over to a friend's house after school on Friday. He'll be back in time to watch it on BT Sport but not in time for us to get over to Paisley.

That'll be me missing my first home game of the season - and while a bit disappointed - I'm thinking its maybe for the best - might not really be a family friendly atmosphere.

It's a shame they put games against the OF on a Friday night - Saturday lunch time would definately be a 'safer' timeslot for these sorts of televised matches.

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Dont think Oran will add to the crowd really. Not for an OF game, there are many ST holders and matchday tickets holders who simply just dont like going to these games. Add to that the fact there is no 'safe' area for families, children. And no Panda club, then you can see where the club is shooting itself in the foot by making it even less appealing for saints fans to attend.

after Tynecastle, if we has come out of this game on Friday conceding more than six it wouldnt have been a surprise to many. Now that bastard, son of a bitch called 'Hope' has crept back into bed with that whore we know as 'optimism'... the unrealistic thoughts come in wave after wave.

resisting them, up to a point. If we do sign big Anton, and play him on Friday then for me seventh heaven would be keeping a clean sheet! We dont look like goalscorers yet, unless Oran can free up some support for big Brocky?

LPM. 

Tickets have been selling very well. Sure,  some season ticket holders might not come along but in my mind they are missing an opportunity to watch last seasons Championship Winners take on the Premiership Champions.  Our team versus, arguably,  the best players in the land.  Mouth watering.  Agree that some of the sideshow that comes with this game are less attractive.  However,  our support can behave,  can't we.  Let's play as well as we can l. Let's make lots of noise about Our Team and Our Town and see how things work out.  I will be there with the other 4 season ticket holders in our group (one for the first time this season as he sees it as a big game,  worth travelling from the Borders to watch). 

Tough,  tough game for the team and the new manager but sets the scene for the next stage in our journey to return to bring a permanent eature in the top echelons f Scottish Football.  Got your ticket yet? 

I won't be attending, I wholeheartedly agree that our fans can behave but it isn't our fans I and many others are concerned about, pitting our team against the champions may well be a mouth watering prospect for many but I'm not making a 6hr round trip to feel anxious or uncomfortable (anymore that is than following saints for 47 years has already instilled).

6 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

I won't be attending, I wholeheartedly agree that our fans can behave but it isn't our fans I and many others are concerned about, pitting our team against the champions may well be a mouth watering prospect for many but I'm not making a 6hr round trip to feel anxious or uncomfortable (anymore that is than following saints for 47 years has already instilled).

Everyone is entitled to make their own choices and a Friday night makes a trip like yours more difficult. Thankfully TV coverage will be available for those who,  for one reason or another,  won't be there but want to follow the game.  Your nails might be shorter by the end of the game.  For me - I love the sporting theatre provided by an game under the lights. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

St Mirren are 14/1 (Aye, DJ, check that oot) to win, Celtic 2/11, 11/2 the draw.

Nothing is impossible in football, but this is close.

What do bookies know - Leicester , Livi , and Jim McIntyre to quote 3 :whistle

Already placed my £20 with B365 but only got 12/1 ....................... should have enough to buy you some humble pie:P

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

What do bookies know - Leicester , Livi , and Jim McIntyre to quote 3 :whistle

Already placed my £20 with B365 but only got 12/1 ....................... should have enough to buy you some humble pie:P

For every Leicester there's lots of Manchester Uniteds/Citys etc. :lol:

Send me £20, I'll give you 13/1 :wink:

I started a new thread with this to give the request promininence to support St Mirren Active but here is their twitter post again. 

Check out @stmirrenactive’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/stmirrenactive/status/1039494188323225600?s=09

And now from the club. 

Check out @saintmirrenfc’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/saintmirrenfc/status/1039829221374345216?s=09

Be there if you can but very few seats left. 

Edited by St.Ricky