Saints v Celtic, Friday 14th September

11 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I started a new thread with this to give the request promininence to support St Mirren Active but here is their twitter post again. 

Check out @stmirrenactive’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/stmirrenactive/status/1039494188323225600?s=09

And now from the club. 

Check out @saintmirrenfc’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/saintmirrenfc/status/1039829221374345216?s=09

Be there if you can but very few seats left. 

Might well be sell out, but no way will it be full.

Lot of fans refuse to watch the old firm bigots.

Just now, barrhead saint said:

Might well be sell out, but no way will it be full.

Lot of fans refuse to watch the old firm bigots.

Take your point

But...Did you read the request from the guys at St Mirren Active?

They are looking for the use of tickets from fans who have season tickets but aren't going to the game. 

8 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Take your point

But...Did you read the request from the guys at St Mirren Active?

They are looking for the use of tickets from fans who have season tickets but aren't going to the game. 

Surely that's in breach of the clubs regulations of purchase for the ST (haven't read the article mind). This will be like every other "near sell-out" we were told about last season !

Given there will be 3500 Celtic fans approx. anyone who thinks there will be upwards of 5000 Saints fans inside the stadium on Friday is sadly deluded.  There will be under (well under imo) 7000 inside the ground and that assumes there will be no Septic fans in our seats (which there will be no doubt), The decision to give them two stands will mean more regulars than ever not going when the OF are in town unfortunately.

57 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Surely that's in breach of the clubs regulations of purchase for the ST (haven't read the article mind). This will be like every other "near sell-out" we were told about last season !

Given there will be 3500 Celtic fans approx. anyone who thinks there will be upwards of 5000 Saints fans inside the stadium on Friday is sadly deluded.  There will be under (well under imo) 7000 inside the ground and that assumes there will be no Septic fans in our seats (which there will be no doubt), The decision to give them two stands will mean more regulars than ever not going when the OF are in town unfortunately.

On the first point...possibly. on the second point..from a financial point of view a sell out is a sell out I guess.  Will there be seats unfilled? I guess so..happens at lots of big events that have sold out.  Taking your figures of 3,500 Celtic Fans and adding say 4,000 Saints Fans would give us a crowd of 7,500 on the night. I'm going. I intend to get there early. Others make their own choices.

10 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

I have the fear on this one.  I cannot think of a worse way to spend my Friday night than to watch those sub human bigoted scum balls di diddly deeing there pish at our wonderful community stadium.

Of course I am going though as one must live in hope!

Oh and to welcome Oran

You can get 7/2 with Celtic at -3 to ease your pain Tom.

17 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

I have the fear on this one.  I cannot think of a worse way to spend my Friday night than to watch those sub human bigoted scum balls di diddly deeing there pish at our wonderful community stadium.

Of course I am going though as one must live in hope!

Oh and to welcome Oran

Hope your evening out turns out as we both hope. Nothing beats being at a live game watching your team.  Highs and Lows included. 

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Given there will be 3500 Celtic fans approx. anyone who thinks there will be upwards of 5000 Saints fans inside the stadium on Friday is sadly deluded. 

Of course they are, given the current capacity is just under 8000, that number of fans wouldn't fit in.

On closer inspection Celtic, so far, have been struggling to score goals, only 5 in 4 league games.

They've already lost Dembele so they might, just might, struggle.

The main worry is even they could score early and get their tails up.

As usual, hope we can keep it tight for the first 30 minutes, or, gulp, even half time and see where we go from there. 

11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

On closer inspection Celtic, have been struggling to score goals, only 5 in 4 league games.

They've already lost Dembele so they might, just might, struggle.

The main worry is even they could score early and get their tails up.

As usual, hope we can keep it tight for the first 30 minutes, or, gulp, even half time and see where we go from there. 

Why did you have to say that? At least now we'll have someone to blame! <_<

2 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Still using GMT I see.

Anyone turning up at 7.45PM GMT will have missed the entire first half.

On the other hand.  Look at your watch and make sure you are there well before kick off at 19.45. Still a few tickets left for Saint Mirren Fans.