Saints v Celtic, Friday 14th September

13 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Whilst I accept that Celtic are Scottish champions and that the match attracts a big crowd, I do baulk a little at some of the sycophantic pish about “these are the nights you dream of” or “this is what promotion was all about” nonsense. Maybe it’s because I come from an era when we gave the likes of Celtic a reasonably regular scudding that this sort of patter gets my goat a bit. 

Yes, me to, could not believe we have lost 27 of last 30 , with the only win the 4-0 in 2010. And I get a poxy 12/1 at Bet 365. That's should 100/1 at least................

Remember the time we just got promoted as Champs in 1977, I will take those 4 games  in 77-78 v Tic 2-1 2-1 at theirs and 3-3 ( with 10 men  and 3-1 up) 3-1 at ours   ...... Easy

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Exactly the type of player Scotland were missing on Monday night.

As shite as Albania were they ran straight through us at times. 

Back on topic....................if it's 0-0 at half time we'll have them, we're a good 2nd half team. :wink:

What about all the teams that ran right through us during his long international career !!!!!!

He's a thug that gets away with it in Scotland. European refs simply don't allow that sort of stuff anymore.

7 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I remember when we broke the Scottish transfer market and could compete with the likes of Celtic. Unfortunately the football map has changed somewhat from these day's.  Celtic have a team full of International stars worth millions. To put St Mirren v Celtic into some sort of context its bit like Celtic v Barcelona.  

Barcelona only beat us 1-0 and 2-1 at theirs, we would thrash them with home advantage ......

Lets put into context a team from Gibraltar beat Celtic , Rodgers said we were the best team he had every played against ( or something like that:whistle)

I think this is an easy 3 points

Saints 3 Celtic 1........................ Crowd 6987  

Mobilisation has begun. The first of our own famous five is now in Stirling on his way to this evenings match. Tactics and Team Selection now under discussion. Number 3 of our famous five will pick us at at 17.30 to rendezvous with 4 and 5 at the 1877 club. As the songs says "we're on our way"

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

What about all the teams that ran right through us during his long international career !!!!!!

He's a thug that gets away with it in Scotland. European refs simply don't allow that sort of stuff anymore.

Are you really saying Brown wasn't effective for Scotland?

How come he wasn't red carded for Scotland with these European refs? 

Blinkers off mate, the type of player MOST teams would relish.

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Agreed, we really do need players to show Brown's passion tonight. He is not dirty, just hard...... one of the old breed............. Remember Chopper Copeland !!!

Edited by DougJamie

Just now, DougJamie said:

Agreed, we really do need players to show Brown's passion tonight. He is not dirty, just hard...... one of the old breed............. Remember Chopper Copeland !!!

Or as I remember him "thow shall not pass me" Cope land.  Great player. Then there was wee ABBA. Tommy Turner and Andy Miller were no softies either.  Mitcham is THE man for me at Celtic at the moment. 

28 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Brown knew he wouldn't get away with his thuggery with a non Sevco / Celtic Referee. 

So simple to understand. 

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Apologies if it's been brought up before on this thread, but does anyone think that Brendan Rogers would be enough of a see you next Tuesday to let Morgan loose on us tonight? 

Is he not still injured?