Saints v Celtic, Friday 14th September

FT 0-0

Not quite sure what to make of that. Would certainly have taken a point before the game so in that sense, good. Then they were down to 10 men for 50 minutes...

Second half was quite a strange spectacle. We played deeper and deeper and spent most of it with 11 men behind the ball. Cause Celtic only had 9 attacking players so they didn’t create much. Strange stalemate.

On one hand it was certainly much improved from the last few games and it’s a good point, on the other we won’t get many better chances to beat Celtic.

8 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Couldn't care less whether it was against ten men.

That's a great point to get.

Very happy indeed.:D

^^^ Very much this. Against their quality and pace, and skilled front men, would have been foolish for us to go gung-ho against their ten men, and leave ourselves open to swift counter attacks. A gutsy, battling, deserved point. Let’s not forget, when it was still 11 v 11, it was US who made the best chances and had efforts on goal.

Also, and I need a lie down, a referee who pretty much gave us everything going. I’m still in shock at that aspect.

Well played everyone, well played Oran Kearney. I’m pleased for Brian Rice too.

Fcuk off Chris Sutton you Celtic apologist knobcheese.

Edited by pozbaird