Saints v Celtic, Friday 14th September

If this was ten games from now and Kearney knew a bit more about his players , then perhaps we may have pressed more against the ten men, however it is 8 days into his tenure and I think he got the tactics spot on.
Had we pressed forward we would have been vulnerable to the pace of Forrest and tierney and may well have lost what could be a very valuable point .

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

We need to be getting Edwards off at half time. He’s booked and looks a prime candidate for the old even it up red.

I was thinking that at H/T as well , admirable discipline from him after that , he has a great engine too , he'll be an important player . Turning point tonight ? Certainly looked like it !

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

If this was ten games from now and Kearney knew a bit more about his players , then perhaps we may have pressed more against the ten men, however it is 8 days into his tenure and I think he got the tactics spot on.
Had we pressed forward we would have been vulnerable to the pace of Forrest and tierney and may well have lost what could be a very valuable point .

On the other hand it's entirely possible, after the first half performance and chances we created, we could have won if we'd been able to maintain that level of performance.

Not complaining, but it's every bit as feasible we could have won the match. 

Yes he has. Claims he doesn’t like to criticise officials but thought the sending off was wrong! Claims Ntcham didn’t touch him. Brendan son, wrong wrong wrong. Wonder if he’ll admit it when he watches it on replay

I thought his first booking was a bit harsh, as was Edwards (all be it I haven’t seen replays) Ntcham’s second booking was foolish and probably done out of frustration, but a booking none the less. So he had to go.

I think Coulson was playing the ‘fresh legs and take some time off the clock making the substitution’ position. [emoji3]
Exactly right. Him and Willock were both brought on as legs because Cammy and Danny had run themselves into the ground. They were obviously given instructions to hold their positions and chase down. It wasn't pretty but it helped us dig out a point.

Thumbs up from me.

On the other hand it's entirely possible, after the first half performance and chances we created, we could have won if we'd been able to maintain that level of performance.
Not complaining, but it's every bit as feasible we could have won the match. 

Yes , we could have won which would have been great but given how this season has been so far, I’m delighted with a point .[emoji106]

Exactly right. Him and Willock were both brought on as legs because Cammy and Danny had run themselves into the ground. They were obviously given instructions to hold their positions and chase down. It wasn't pretty but it helped us dig out a point.

Thumbs up from me.

Hard to pick the Saints MOTM. Smith, Flynn, Mullen, Edwards, Ferdinand were outstanding, though the whole team were excellent.
Sammy looked less than confident at times, but a clean sheet is a clean sheet. Can’t wait to see the post match interviews.

I thought his first booking was a bit harsh, as was Edwards (all be it I haven’t seen replays) Ntcham’s second booking was foolish and probably done out of frustration, but a booking none the less. So he had to go.
If he got his first yellow for that foul alone then it may be harsh buy he had already pulled Cammy Smith back and not got a yellow when he probably should have.

Poor 2nd half players looked knackered.

Still great point though

We played with more freedom in the first half. As the game wore on we suddenly had something to lose and decided to play it safe.

Even with 10 men they are a class above anything else we’ll play this season.

A great result for us. No doubt about it.

Just home from that. Well what a difference a manager makes. I thought we were outstanding in the 1st half , but severely lacked that killer touch ( maybe Anton Ferdinand knows a few 6ft fast physical strikers) , but to be honest,  I can't fault any off them . 2nd half is probably the most organised and well drilled defensively I've seen us in a long time.  Well deserved 1pt , and great to get the feel good factor back. 

Everyone get yourselves to Hamilton next week , we're back on our way.

Sutton’s a cnut. And we all hate Darren Jackson!

Sutton just plays a sadly predictable tune. Normally I don’t mind him but he is unbelievably guilty of playing to his Bhoy friend gallery when in Scotland. It would be refreshing in St mirrens case if he said it was obvious that Stubbs was hopeless, but , no chance.

He has no credibility up here because he does not spend time assessing anything other than Glasgow teams.

Most pleased to see Anton at the final whistle take off his track suit top to show the black and white stripes and join the players enjoying the applause of the Saints supporters In the west stand.

A great attitude from a seasoned professional.

My St, Mirren supporting father was a Coleraine man. He would have enjoyed that tonight.