Saints v Celtic, Friday 14th September

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Careful, you'll be stealing Drews title of Drama Queen with statements like that. :lol:

Drama queen?

You'd be hard put not to find a Saints fan who wasn't completely pissed off with during his tenure.

I know, in the end, that I and the people I attend the games with were.

Edited by FTOF

8 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Drama queen?

You'd be hard put not to find a Saints fan who wasn't completely pissed off with during his tenure.

I know, in the end, that I and the people I attend the games with were.

Pissed off, understandable, "misery"...............maybe my misery is different from yours.  :lol:

A bit of fighting outside the Main Stand at the end but the Polis soon had it sorted.

There was also a couple of bunches of bigot toe rags walking from the south stand round behind the west stand , barging and banging trying to provoke a reaction from victims including grabbing the scarf off the neck of a young lad then turning on him as one ready to jump in when he retaliated.
They got more than they bargained for however as the lass he was with turned to face them all down [emoji106], ably supported by the saints fans leaving the stand and a group of four polis.

Prior to the game last night I would have settled for not getting turned over and a bit of determination and shape.  After that what can I say apart from "Thanks Oran, that was fantastic" if that what he can do after a week, we might actually be ok this season (no pun intended).  If we can win the big games (Livingston, St Johnstone, Motherwell and Dundee, Kilmarnock) we should survive.  

I did leave early and was in Car Park at 10 past 7.

It was pretty packed then.

Surely it is very easy to issue so many pay at the gate passes, and once they are gone then  Car Park Season Ticket Holders only after that.

Simple arithmetic would solve the problem

Edited by shull

There was also a couple of bunches of bigot toe rags walking from the south stand round behind the west stand , barging and banging trying to provoke a reaction from victims including grabbing the scarf off the neck of a young lad then turning on him as one ready to jump in when he retaliated.
They got more than they bargained for however as the lass he was with turned to face them all down [emoji106], ably supported by the saints fans leaving the stand and a group of four polis.

Again, there are no fans out with the OF where this would happen.

If Sevco had been denied entry to the league then this lot would have died a death

But the likes of faraway, pozbaird and oaksoft throughout the country campaigned to let them in and the rest is history

If Sevco had been denied entry to the league then this lot would have died a death

But the likes of faraway, pozbaird and oaksoft throughout the country campaigned to let them in and the rest is history

You know they mean trouble . Little bastards , no club colours and some of the f**kwits wearing Ski masks .

24 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

You make a valid point but then its your hatred that is exposed. No one defends the OF or their scum element on here but your comment last night that going to watch my team play one of the ugly sisters supports sectarinism just makes you out  very deluded. Its the authorities and only them that  can sanction these clubs to the point where they have to drop their rogue fans with their disgusting songs. 

Edited by DougJamie

5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

You make a valid point but then its your hatred that is exposed. No one defends the OF or their scum element on here but your comment last night that going to watch my team play one of the ugly sisters supports sectarinism just makes you out  very deluded. Its the authorities and only them that  can sanction these clubs to the point where they have to drop their rogue fans with their disgusting songs. 

100 per cent agree. 

It's nothing to do with both Clubs dropping their rogue fans .

We don't need any authorities to solve our problem.

Just need 40 Clubs to grow a set of balls , and either boot Sevco/Celtic to feck out of Scottish Football or as Wendy says, all 40 Clubs  resign from the leagues and start a new one without the two moronic Clubs.

Easy.

^^^^^ Old Firm apologist

Time will tell on Heaton. I’ve not seen enough of him to make a call and would like to think that players of Ferdinand’s experience would be great for Josh to learn from.

Kpekwa is a different case as he just seems woefully short on quality. That being said there was obviously a player in there at some point and, same as above, maybe that can be nurtured.

I think that OK’s man management skills will be sorely tested in the coming weeks as a lot of Stubbs signings will be feeling a little vulnerable right now and they are still still Saints players.

All players should have a clean slate with the manager.

1 hour ago, Hambud said:

All players should have a clean slate with the manager.

And I'm sure they will but perception is important. The "Stubbs' signings" will no doubt be apprehensive. They will be under the impression, rightly or wrongly, that they were seen part of the problem. It was a lot of those players who put in the woeful performances that culminated in the removal of Stubbs. It will be hard for them to NOT believe the club feel them, at least in part, culpable.

It will be a test of OK's man management skills to bring together the old and the new into a cohesive unit and reinstate the belief that they can play football. This is just as important as giving structure and tactics to the on field displays.

A big job for our new man and one I'm sure he'll succeed in doing.

14 hours ago, shull said:

It's nothing to do with both Clubs dropping their rogue fans .

We don't need any authorities to solve our problem.

Just need 40 Clubs to grow a set of balls , and either boot Sevco/Celtic to feck out of Scottish Football or as Wendy says, all 40 Clubs  resign from the leagues and start a new one without the two moronic Clubs.

Easy.

You know it certainly would not be 'easy' but my god wouldn't it just be a kick in the bal*s to officialdom, it will never happen of course but 'oh! we can dream, can't we  ......  sigh!!!   :P

2 hours ago, jaybee said:

You know it certainly would not be 'easy' but my god wouldn't it just be a kick in the bal*s to officialdom, it will never happen of course but 'oh! we can dream, can't we  ......  sigh!!!   :P

Start with slicing up money from TV and Sponsorship differently perhaps. 

18 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Start with slicing up money from TV and Sponsorship differently perhaps. 

Definitely. The cut for league position  is far too top heavy. It expands the differential between those who grab the first couple of spots regularly and the rest. I would go further and reintroduce both clubs getting a share of the gate receipts. Not 50/50 but there must be a way to calculate percentages to give smaller clubs a wee bit more of the pie. It would actually help the bigger clubs as they would have potentially better equipped opposition to challenge them and it would incentivise followers of the smaller teams to go to the away fixtures in the knowledge they would be financially supporting their club. I know it will never revert as the voting structure is such that if the two @rsecheeks don't agree, even with each other, then it's a no go.