Welcome Matty Willock

12 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Stayaway if that was put forward in a court of law to say I did not want Stubbs as St Mirren manager it would be thrown out and you laughed at. Your quote Stayaway is open criticism.

The fact is go find one post where I wrote I did not want Alan Stubbs as manager after all that's what your trying to say.

I didn't want Stubbs as manager - what's the big deal in admitting it? It doesn't mean I don't want him to very well as Saints manager, cos that would be mental. Also doesn't mean he won't get my full backing, which he will.

No big deal.

I didn't want Stubbs as manager - what's the big deal in admitting it? It doesn't mean I don't want him to very well as Saints manager, cos that would be mental. Also doesn't mean he won't get my full backing, which he will.
No big deal.

Yes, no big deal.

IOBS changes his opinion on Stubbs on a daily basis however. Even an hourly basis.

Great forum entertainment! [emoji23]

8 minutes ago, Soctty said:

No big deal.

100% honest, and no signs you're scraping the barrel to undermine our manager.

Well done, not like you. :P

JR said we'd need more physicality in the Premiership. Dare I say it, I think Willock would be his kind of signing. On top of that, a good sign that we've seemingly persuaded him to come to us rather than return to St Johnstone.

[/url]  

I agree that convincing him to join us rather than fakes is a bit of a coup.
Anyone know what his record was like with them last season ?

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Black and White Army mobile app

Very good signing with Scottish Premiership experience, just what we need.

Seemingly he started well last season before tailing off.  Seems to be a bit inconsistent from what the St Johnstone fans are saying, and better suited to a more attacking role than sitting back.

Glad to see we managed to beat St Johnstone and some English clubs to his signature. 

Ok, 7 more to to go....

Not sure we need 2 full backs, even if Eckersley leaves.

I’d rather see us sign a centre half than a second full back.

We have 3 centre halves not including MacKenzie. We don’t have cover for Coulson & McGinn that I know of? If they get injured by taking Eckersley out the equation who have we got?

2 hours ago, Soctty said:

No big deal.

Mate most of my posts are in support of Alan Studs. One of the last posts I made was the board should support Stubbs by brining in players it's in my history.  But will Stayaway Saint quote that ? NO chance . I spend money on Saints like most of us on here does Stayaway ? not a chance it's not too difficult for him to get to games. The excuse St Mirren fans shout abuse at players. That proves he has not been in a long time. Anyway each to their own but don't come on and point the finger when he does not commit of other fans who do go and commit 

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Mate most of my posts are in support of Alan Studs. One of the last posts I made was the board should support Stubbs by brining in players it's in my history.  But will Stayaway Saint quote that ? NO chance . I spend money on Saints like most of us on here does Stayaway ? not a chance it's not too difficult for him to get to games. The excuse St Mirren fans shout abuse at players. That proves he has not been in a long time. Anyway each to their own but don't come on and point the finger when he does not commit of other fans who do go and commit 

^^^^^^ No need to defend yourself, you go, makes you better than me.

Wait, no been this season have you yet you jumped aboard the negative posts against Stubbs? 

Fact is you don't know what to think, unless someone tells you. :byebye

Stayaway, loving it. :lol:

Stubbs must have known the budget and what he had to work with before he accepted the job. Stubbs will be judged after a quarter of the season has gone. By that time he should have his his own squad and results will determine whether he is getting it right. As long as we are not rock bottom at that time which no clubs usually are should anyone be talking about replacing him IMO.

As for anyone giving abuse to any of our players during a game is shocking. How anyone thinks abusing our own player during a game would make them perform better it has the opposite effect.

If people feel a player is not good enough it should be discussed on forums like this or in the pub after games.

4 hours ago, 17/03/13 said:

Fantastic signing. As I follow ManUtd, I've seen this lad play a number of times for the reserves on MUTV. Great big athletic lad who likes to carry the ball forward. He is also a threat from headers via set-pieces.

As an avid Man Utd follower myself, I can say the only thing true about this statement is he plays for Manchester United and likes to carry the ball.  He isn't big at all, hes 5'7-5'8 and is thin as a rail which gets him pushed around quite a bit against physical opponents.  He really hasn't panned out the way a lot of Man Utd fans hoped he would, and from what I can tell he had a mixed time at St. Johnstone last season on loan.  

As an avid Man Utd follower myself, I can say the only thing true about this statement is he plays for Manchester United and likes to carry the ball.  He isn't big at all, hes 5'7-5'8 and is thin as a rail which gets him pushed around quite a bit against physical opponents.  He really hasn't panned out the way a lot of Man Utd fans hoped he would, and from what I can tell he had a mixed time at St. Johnstone last season on loan.  

They must have the wrong guy holding a saints strip next to Stubbs then.

Certainly doesn’t look like a small rail in the picture