Welcome Matty Willock

Welcome to St Mirrem Matty! 

A very interesting signing and one that should get the juices flowing for the new season. 

Don't think we have ever signed a player on loan from Manchester United (biggest club in the world).

Onwards and upwards!

We have 3 centre halves not including MacKenzie. We don’t have cover for Coulson & McGinn that I know of? If they get injured by taking Eckersley out the equation who have we got?

Macpherson was originally a right back I think and Kpekawa was originally a left back. As Eckersley is still here, I think we need just one more full back.

Yes, we have 3 centre halves but, if we play 3 at the back again, like we did at Hamden, then we’ll surely need another one?

Of the 3, Baird wasn’t even first choice last season and Stubbs has so far seemed reluctant to throw Heaton in at the deep end.

I think we need someone.

2 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Macpherson was originally a right back I think and Kpekawa was originally a left back. As Eckersley is still here, I think we need just one more full back.

Yes, we have 3 centre halves but, if we play 3 at the back again, like we did at Hamden, then we’ll surely need another one?

Of the 3, Baird wasn’t even first choice last season and Stubbs has so far seemed reluctant to throw Heaton in at the deep end.

I think we need someone.

Where? :1eye

23 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

They must have the wrong guy holding a saints strip next to Stubbs then.

Certainly doesn’t look like a small rail in the picture

Yah to be fair in that picture he does look like he's added some bulk to his frame; I didn't see him play since he wasn't with United's U23s much last season, and he's obviously improved his physique a bit.  I remember he has good technique and likes to go forward, but  was very 'leggy' when he was playing for the 18s, ran with the ball a lot and had a good shot on him, but I don't remember him being a particularly powerful player.   And I didn't mean to say all of that initial post to suggest he's a bad signing or not a good player, I think he'll be fine should handle the level of play in the SPL, especially after his experience at St. Johnstone. 

I think we need someone.

I never knew MacPherson was a full back but I was under the impression Kpekawa was a centre half who could cover at full back but not his natural position.

I would love Eckersley & Gary Mac 2force themselves back in but if not we need cover.

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Mate most of my posts are in support of Alan Studs. One of the last posts I made was the board should support Stubbs by brining in players it's in my history.  But will Stayaway Saint quote that ? NO chance . I spend money on Saints like most of us on here does Stayaway ? not a chance it's not too difficult for him to get to games. The excuse St Mirren fans shout abuse at players. That proves he has not been in a long time. Anyway each to their own but don't come on and point the finger when he does not commit of other fans who do go and commit 

You've totally missed my point. I don't care if you didn't want Stubbs as manager. You're saying you never said it as if it's a crime to not have wanted him to get the job. Don't get so worked up.

1 hour ago, Rando Calrissian said:

As an avid Man Utd follower myself, I can say the only thing true about this statement is he plays for Manchester United and likes to carry the ball.  He isn't big at all, hes 5'7-5'8 and is thin as a rail which gets him pushed around quite a bit against physical opponents.  He really hasn't panned out the way a lot of Man Utd fans hoped he would, and from what I can tell he had a mixed time at St. Johnstone last season on loan.  

You're not as avid as you claim, are you...?

5'7"... :lol:

25 minutes ago, Rando Calrissian said:

Yah to be fair in that picture he does look like he's added some bulk to his frame; I didn't see him play since he wasn't with United's U23s much last season, and he's obviously improved his physique a bit.  I remember he has good technique and likes to go forward, but  was very 'leggy' when he was playing for the 18s, ran with the ball a lot and had a good shot on him, but I don't remember him being a particularly powerful player.   And I didn't mean to say all of that initial post to suggest he's a bad signing or not a good player, I think he'll be fine should handle the level of play in the SPL, especially after his experience at St. Johnstone. 

Improved his physique by about 7 inches... :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Soctty said:

You're not as avid as you claim, are you...?

5'7"... :lol:

Stubbs claims on the comments on the official site that he is 6ft1 or 2.  Could be an interesting formation with Flynn, McGinn, Willock and Magennis all vying for a central role, throw in Cammy Smith's best position just off the striker we seen to have plenty of  central players but no natural wide players on either side with King and Kellerman not looking like first picks.  

If McGinn doesn't move from Hibs could we be forced to sell Kyle before the window closes?

10 minutes ago, Frank McGarvey' wonky legs said:

Stubbs claims on the comments on the official site that he is 6ft1 or 2.  Could be an interesting formation with Flynn, McGinn, Willock and Magennis all vying for a central role, throw in Cammy Smith's best position just off the striker we seen to have plenty of  central players but no natural wide players on either side with King and Kellerman not looking like first picks.  

If McGinn doesn't move from Hibs could we be forced to sell Kyle before the window closes?

No. :thumbs2

50 minutes ago, Frank McGarvey' wonky legs said:

Magennis played the whole of 2016/17 at right wing and did well. Always an option

52 minutes ago, Frank McGarvey' wonky legs said:

This might sort that one out https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/matty-willock/profil/spieler/289845

19 minutes ago, billyg said:

What if I say Jack Baird is crap ? ^_^

Not allowed to say that Billy. 

I once questioned the ability of one of our goalkeepers last Season. 

I think I got away with it. :D

15 minutes ago, shull said:

Not allowed to say that Billy. 

I once questioned the ability of one of our goalkeepers last Season. 

I think I got away with it. :D

And he's still our number 1 going into yet another season. 

Just shows how badly wrong some can be.