Welcome Matty Willock

Welcome Matt!

I'll be honest - I don't know anything about him first hand - but from what others are posting it sounds very promising.

Along with Kyle coming back, we may be able to transform ourselves today, re-deploy Cammy into his favoured position,  and pull off a League Cup great escape.

Going to the game today in a positive mood

Sometimes all it takes is one or two players to change the dynamic of a team .......... hoping that is the case with Marty Willock.  Hopefully he is the  catalyst along with Kyle coming back in that improves us from middle to front.

We have been dire so far but a good win today will give everyone a boost - would also like to see Cooke being given another chance to see what he can do. Have to say our defence still gives me the fear though !

Sometimes all it takes is one or two players to change the dynamic of a team .......... hoping that is the case with Marty Willock.  Hopefully he is the  catalyst along with Kyle coming back in that improves us from middle to front.
We have been dire so far but a good win today will give everyone a boost - would also like to see Cooke being given another chance to see what he can do. Have to say our defence still gives me the fear though !
Trying to recall a season when our defence didn't give me the fear - I include championship winning seasons.
But I concur with your positive outlook for today. Hopefully things start to fall into place , rather than fall apart.

I never knew MacPherson was a full back but I was under the impression Kpekawa was a centre half who could cover at full back but not his natural position.

I would love Eckersley & Gary Mac 2force themselves back in but if not we need cover.

It’s the way about with Kpekawa.

He was originally a left back and Barnsley signed him as a left back from QPR.

They then decided he wasn’t good enough for left back and attempted to convert him into a centre half.

Stubbs claims on the comments on the official site that he is 6ft1 or 2.  Could be an interesting formation with Flynn, McGinn, Willock and Magennis all vying for a central role, throw in Cammy Smith's best position just off the striker we seen to have plenty of  central players but no natural wide players on either side with King and Kellerman not looking like first picks.  
If McGinn doesn't move from Hibs could we be forced to sell Kyle before the window closes?

Flynn has spent his entire career playing in a wide midfield role

46 minutes ago, munoz said:

Or you might finally admit you called that one wrong.

No, I wasn't wrong. 

We were lucky that we had  an absolutely outstanding back four last Season. 

Hopefully our defence this Season will be just as efficient. 

Or every shot on target is a penalty 

He gets lucky with those. 

1 hour ago, shull said:

Aye, plenty on here and the Manager. 

Unfortunately for you Shull, looks like Danny Rogers has made a total hash of claiming the number 1 jersey from Sammy after his pre-season efforts :lol: The Ginger legend carries on...

19 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

It’s the way about with Kpekawa.

He was originally a left back and Barnsley signed him as a left back from QPR.

They then decided he wasn’t good enough for left back and attempted to convert him into a centre half.

Apparently he was absolutely shite at LB in his time at Barnsley. It's a possible cover option but perhaps one we would rather avoid.

12 hours ago, Rando Calrissian said:

As an avid Man Utd follower myself, I can say the only thing true about this statement is he plays for Manchester United and likes to carry the ball.  He isn't big at all, hes 5'7-5'8 and is thin as a rail which gets him pushed around quite a bit against physical opponents.  He really hasn't panned out the way a lot of Man Utd fans hoped he would, and from what I can tell he had a mixed time at St. Johnstone last season on loan.  

He was maybe 5'8 when he played for u18's, that was obviously last time you seen him play :lol

Typical St Mirren to take the feel good factor from winning the championship  and more or less destroy it before we kick a ball in the top league. Given what has been served up in first few games I think Saints fans have every right to have a moan ...... it has been a rewind to the Tommy Craig days ! 

We deserve the title proper fans as easy option in West of Scotland is to follow one of the Ugly Sisters - f#ck that its Saints all day long. Hopefully today the fans get a bit back from the team with a convincing win COYS !

Just now, whydowebother said:

Not true.

I remember them in the old English 3rd division regularly getting over 25,000

I've met a couple through work down here who are long term City fans and know all about the darker days. Had a good time in the pub with one of them the day both Villa and Liverpool lost their respective finals in May, the two of us singing CHAMPIONEES while the place was filled with Villa/Pool fans :lol: it's the fans like him who I'm delighted for because they've been through tough times. Give it 20/30 years and their fan base will be the same as United, largely just glory hunting bastards.