Welcome Matty Willock

Guest TPAFKATS

Tidy player who is comfortable with the ball as you'd expect coming through the man united academy.
Seems to want a little longer on the ball than opposition will allow in Scotland. Think he'll soon learn to speed it up a wee bit.
Should be a big player for us this season.

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Tidy player who is comfortable with the ball as you'd expect coming through the man united academy.
Seems to want a little longer on the ball than opposition will allow in Scotland. Think he'll soon learn to speed it up a wee bit.
Should be a big player for us this season.

Since he was at the fakes for half of last season he should know he wont have time to linger on the ball.

I see that some people (other forum user's) making statements such as "he did well" and "decent".

I disagree.

Big Matty was excellent, rare, gallus and fanf**kingtastic

Really liked the big fellah, strong, tall and yet skilful.  Well seen he has not been around Scottish football as a youth as we would surely have turned him into a centre half by now!  Anyway really liked the big fellah, really liked him indeed! 

Edited by TediousTom

A song for Matty

Matty Willock, Oh Matty Willock

Play against him, look like a pillock

Please don't take oor Matty Away

Another song for Matty

Matt, Matt, Matty

You drive me batty

Matt, Matt, Matty

You like to drink the latte

Matt, Matt, Matty

Your better than Massimo Donatti

Matt, Matt. Matty

You like to eat the pate

Matt, Matt, Matty

You play for the Buds

Edited by TediousTom

I thought he drifted in and out of the game, to be honest.

I agree with the comments about him looking for too much time on the ball on occasion.  This is something he can work on.

He has only just joined up, so will no doubt settle in and gel more effectively in time, though it is clear that he is a gifted player.

Learning to adapt is an underrated attribute in football players (as it is with all of us, to be fair). If Willock proves to be adaptable, he could be a very important player for us this season.

17 minutes ago, Drew said:

I thought he drifted in and out of the game, to be honest.

I agree with the comments about him looking for too much time on the ball on occasion.  This is something he can work on.

He has only just joined up, so will no doubt settle in and gel more effectively in time, though it is clear that he is a gifted player.

Learning to adapt is an underrated attribute in football players (as it is with all of us, to be fair). If Willock proves to be adaptable, he could be a very important player for us this season.

My take on it is that he needs games. Not sure what kind of preseason he had, or how many games he played before he came to us, but he looks like he is lacking a bit in fitness and sharpness.

Even for all that, he looked very good in the first half, strong on the ball and deceptively quick with it, and found himself bursting forward on a couple of occasions but lacked the confidence to keep going. 

I would hope he will find that confidence, fitness and sharpness and have the impact that a lot of his early play suggests he can have.

6 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

He will improve as he gels with his team mates, he doesn’t look the most vocal out there which will improve with games. When you watch his show reels on YouTube he loves the long diagonal pass, once he has confidence there is someone to receive these we will have a real asset.

I'm looking forward to seeing the lad live and kicking.  And it would be great if we get another couple in before the trip to Ipox.

7 hours ago, TediousTom said:

A song for Matty

Matty Willock, Oh Matty Willock

Play against him, look like a pillock

Please don't take oor Matty Away

Another song for Matty

Matt, Matt, Matty

You drive me batty

Matt, Matt, Matty

You like to drink the latte

Matt, Matt, Matty

Your better than Massimo Donatti

Matt, Matt. Matty

You like to eat the pate

Matt, Matt, Matty

You play for the Buds

And yet despite this, you were never invited to become poet laureate TT.

Damn disgrace. Damn disgrace indeed. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:18 PM, djchapsticks said:

He tired massively from about 70 mins onwards but was very good before that.

He obviously had something to be at Man Utd.... but a bit like Shankland when he was with us, badly needed to improve his fitness and attitude... professional football can be a well paid privilege and you need to enjoy it as fully as you can - it is a short career - so get the most from it while it lasts...

Hope he does well..

26 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Papers reporting today Willock turned down Sevco to sign for Gillingham. Worrying if I were a Sevco fan !!!

I really doubt that... was he good enough for them and IF they actually were interested in him, how much game time would have got with them?

29 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Papers reporting today Willock turned down Sevco to sign for Gillingham. Worrying if I were a Sevco fan !!!

They do seem to be going for free agents and loanees!

wonder if Gerrard will be tempted to jump the sinking ship should Lampard get the Chelsea job and the Derby gig comes up?

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

That's what Gillingham claim on their website, which also has this incredible line:

"He was released by Manchester United earlier this summer, his career pathway only blocked by experienced first-teamers such as Paul Pogba, Juan Mata and Jesse Lingard."