Fraser Hornby and Harry Charsley

djchapsticks

E9CEE48D-C733-4BF5-B1CC-DD653D2F0D53.png.644290fadb023f7a6dd6497409f2e3a2.thumb.png.75f54318bbe50eb44133019ad59f4a92.png

The Hornby rumour has reared it's head again. 

Haven't heard anything of Charsley though. Quick read up on him though seems to show he can play across the midfield but prefers no 10 or either wing. He was also Everton U23s top scorer the season before last. 

Edited by djchapsticks

E9CEE48D-C733-4BF5-B1CC-DD653D2F0D53.png.644290fadb023f7a6dd6497409f2e3a2.thumb.png.75f54318bbe50eb44133019ad59f4a92.png
The Hornby rumour has reared it's head again. 
Haven't heard anything of Charsley though. Quick read up on him though seems to show he can play across the midfield but prefers no 10 or either wing. He was also Everton U23s top scorer the season before last. 

Very promising, let’s hope it comes off (for both of them)

21 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

Given Stubbs' history it's a surprise we haven't brought in a young player from Everton yet.  They're probably holding on to see if they get can get them out to the English Championship or League 1. Might be last minute deals at the end of the transfer window.

Which for England is next week so not too long to wait

I am very much in favour of signing Fraser Hornby and Harry Charsley, if only because both their names makes them sound like they could have been playing inside-right for Blackpool in the 1950s.

Charsley crosses to Hornby... it's a goal! What a marvellous shot! The Paisley Saints have taken the lead!

Edited by Magic Monkey

1 minute ago, Magic Monkey said:

I am very much in favour of signing Fraser Hornby and Harry Charsley, if only because both their names makes them sound like they could have been playing inside-right for Blackpool in the 1950s.

Seemingly Charsley's first name is actually Henry, but he is known as Harry.

How thoroughly splendid it would be if he did sign and we were able to shout "hooray Henry!" when he contrived to complete an effective pass or scored a topper of a goal.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

How thoroughly splendid it would be if he did sign and we were able to shout "hooray Henry!" when he contrived to complete an effective pass or scored a topper of a goal.

I would certainly give a most rigorous round of applause.

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

Oh my, that would be beezer, my good fellow! 

18 minutes ago, Drew said:

I say , rather ! What a spiffing idea you have there old chum . Jolly good show !!

36 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

I would certainly give a most rigorous round of applause.

28 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Oh my, that would be beezer, my good fellow! 

19 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I say , rather ! What a spiffing idea you have there old chum . Jolly good show !!

Its like the forum has been taken over by a load of Tom's...!

tedious, yes.. tedious indeed!

I cry your pardon?

46 minutes ago, Drew said:

Your best post for some time old boy. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Watched a couple of the Toulon U21 games where Hornby was playing up front.

I thought he looked awful to be honest.

Big hulking lad but I thought his touch, link up play and shooting was all sadly lacking - in the games I watched at least. Similar to Oli Burke, he was just lumbering around up front and not doing much when he got service. Both were outshone by Mikey Johnstone who I would love us to get at the end of August if Celtic decide to let him go out on loan. 

I'd rather a more established and experienced striker than Hornby. 

27 minutes ago, Maboza said:

Big hulking lad but I thought his touch, link up play and shooting was all sadly lacking - in the games I watched at least. Similar to Oli Burke, he was just lumbering around up front and not doing much when he got service. Both were outshone by Mikey Johnstone who I would love us to get at the end of August if Celtic decide to let him go out on loan. 

I think I read somewhere that he has only recently changed position from midfield to centre forward.  As such, he cannot have had a great deal of experience as a striker. On that basis, I tend to agree that he might not be what we require just now.

39 minutes ago, Maboza said:

And yet, he's playing at Everton and not East Fife. Harry Kane was anonymous in the 3 post WC games including a sitter or two. If you watched him you wouldn't consider him that good yet look at his league performance.  Hard to judge how any player will fit into a team - Mooy anyone?

4 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

And yet, he's playing at Everton and not East Fife. Harry Kane was anonymous in the 3 post WC games including a sitter or two. If you watched him you wouldn't consider him that good yet look at his league performance.  Hard to judge how any player will fit into a team - Mooy anyone?

Is Hornby not 19 though?

I understand the argument that if you're good enough you're old enough, but we ideally should be looking for someone with a bit more experience to come in - easy to say, I appreciate.

Anyway, as with all potential signings, we need to trust that the manager is best placed to judge.

1 hour ago, Maboza said:

Are you sure he was upfront - they may have been playing the Levein inspired 4-6-0 which doesn't suit him.

3 hours ago, Drew said:

‘Play up Saints! Ooh I say Henry, shoot for goal!’

’Hurrah Buddies, play for Paisley!’

.....’For fcuk sake Baird, get this fcuking sorted Stubbs you Scouse caannntt!’

’Calm down dear! Put that bloomin’ megaphone down!, such language, and in the gentleman’s pavillion too!’

76D0FED1-B420-408F-81BA-397A7B207EEB.jpeg

Is Hornby not 19 though?
I understand the argument that if you're good enough you're old enough, but we ideally should be looking for someone with a bit more experience to come in - easy to say, I appreciate.
Anyway, as with all potential signings, we need to trust that the manager is best placed to judge.

Deary me.

Surely what we need is good players?

Harry Kane was once a young striker who had been converted from a midfielder.

You’d have turned him down in favour of some experienced journeyman striker like Denis Wyness or Jim Hamilton! [emoji23]