A Jolly Good Thrashing

Obviously any Saints win is held in high regard,  but in light of today what is your favourite win of a margin of 5 or over ? 

I'll start the ball rolling with the 8-0 thrashing of the now unfortunately defunct Clydebank FC in the 99/00 season.

3fccc791c8e00438069bf17c050f8ae0--fawlty-towers-british-humour.jpg

6 hours ago, munoz said:

Obviously any Saints win is held in high regard,  but in light of today what is your favourite win of a margin of 5 or over ? 

I'll start the ball rolling with the 8-0 thrashing of the now unfortunately defunct Clydebank FC in the 99/00 season.

3fccc791c8e00438069bf17c050f8ae0--fawlty-towers-british-humour.jpg

That day against Clydebank, I took one look at their goalie warming up (16 year old amateur I believe but didn't know that until post match) and said to my mate that this could be an absolute doing. 

He was making a mess of everything in the warm up. 

That day against Clydebank, I took one look at their goalie warming up (16 year old amateur I believe but didn't know that until post match) and said to my mate that this could be an absolute doing. 

Oddly enough, they brought 88 fans that day.

I was disappointing that we didn’t hit double figures, but we scored a few that season in the league

Beat;

Raith 0-6 A
Airdrie 5-0 H
Morton 1-4 A

24 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I think if memory serves he was older but had been signed the day before from some amateur club in England. Think it was the only game he ever played. Shuggies goal in that match was fantastic.

Not sure if 4-2 is a thrashing, but in the early 80s we were quickly 2-0 down at home to Celtic - before coming back to win 4-2. Scanlon scored a volley from the half way line. Great game.

That was a thrashing after they went two up trust me. Think we had a good goal ruled out too.

Remember a 5-0 away at Airdrie in the Cup when they were still a good side. Different class that day. Macca and Billy Stark scored two each IIRC.

My favourite was the 6-2 against hearts 2nd game of the season which did far more damage than Walter Kidd did at the end of the season
Yes exactly, they scored first and last and we put in 6 in between if memory serves, the jambos always forget that game when they are bleating on

28 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I remember us rodgering Killie 6v0 or 6v1 at Rugby Park .

How could I ever forget . Big Doug completes his hat-trick and we celebrate like a bunch of arseholes on the crumbling Rugby Park terracing , I lose my footing , crash down , and when everyone is still giving it laldy , I'm sitting with a broken tibia and fibula. In plaster for 2 months .

1 hour ago, Buddie-Boy said:

Not sure if 4-2 is a thrashing, but in the early 80s we were quickly 2-0 down at home to Celtic - before coming back to win 4-2. Scanlon scored a volley from the half way line. Great game.

Coming back from two nil down to beat either of the OF should make it on to any list - irrespective of what the list is for :-)

Before my time but sounds magic!

Coming back from two nil down to beat either of the OF should make it on to any list - irrespective of what the list is for :-)

Before my time but sounds magic!

It was magic, I was in the heart of the Northbank that day near the fence, it emptied a bit after they scored to go 0-2 up ( Some Celtic fans in our end as usual ) but we went 3-2 up by half time and went on to win 4-2 , magic.

Clarke,McCormack, Scanlon & Mc Dougall scored.

Alex Miller manager at the time.

We had a run of beating :

St Johnstone 2-3 A

Rangers 3-0 H

Motherwell 0-0 A

Hibs 2-1 H

Celtic 4-2 H

Dundee United 4-0 H

Hearts 2-2 A

Dundee 2-2 A

Hows that ?

Couldn’t find that game but here’s a 3-0 win at Parkhead

4 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

It was magic, I was in the heart of the Northbank that day near the fence, it emptied a bit after they scored to go 0-2 up ( Some Celtic fans in our end as usual ) but we went 3-2 up by half time and went on to win 4-2 , magic.

Alex Miller manager at the time.

We had a run of beating :

St Johnstone 2-3 A
Rangers 3-0 H
Motherwell 0-0 A
Hibs 2-1 H
Celtic 4-2 H
Dundee United 4-0 H
Hearts 2-2 A
Dundee 2-2 A

Hows that ?

Fex sake

Good times!

Oh for a run like that now 

Fex sake
Good times!
Oh for a run like that now 

We had lost 5-0 to Aberdeen at the start of that run and St Johnstone brought that run to an end at Love St. 1-2

However, after losing the next game to Aberdeen 0-3, we then

Rangers 1-1 A
Motherwell 2-1 H
Hibs 1-1 A
St Johnstone 1-1 H
Dundee 4-0 H

So overall good run.

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Ben Plevey.

Was in his mid 20's :P and was a former RAF fitness instructor, who had been on Aston Villa's books in the dim and distant past..

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12223116.Plevey_suffers_being_hit_for_eight/

Capture.PNG

Edited by FTOF

1 hour ago, StanleySaint said:
1 hour ago, Gunni Thorfason said:
My favourite was the 6-2 against hearts 2nd game of the season which did far more damage than Walter Kidd did at the end of the season

Yes exactly, they scored first and last and we put in 6 in between if memory serves, the jambos always forget that game when they are bleating on

I've never held that against fans of The Jam Tarts as I still like to style them it's fans of Newco/Oldco/Sevco/Wateverco doing so that annoys me, what has it got to do with them - nothing.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Ben Plevey.

Was in his 30's and was a former RAF fitness instructor, who had been on Aston Villa's books in the dim and distant past..

Capture.PNG

I thought he was a young teen but he was actually 24 rather than in his 30s. We'll split the difference. :) 

image.png.6257881efad1c83e72c49353b5a41c5d.png

Edited by djchapsticks

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Ben Plevey.

Was in his 30's and was a former RAF fitness instructor, who had been on Aston Villa's books in the dim and distant past..

Capture.PNG

Quality research  (confirms what I remembered) - shame I could only Like It once! :notworthy

Edited by Bud the Baker

Couldn’t find that game [\quote]

It wasn’t on the telly mate. (May have been a strike at the time?) That’s why Scanlon’s goal keeps getting further and further out in people’s memories.[emoji23]

That was the goal of the game but the highlight was Cowboy’s goal and subsequent vault of the trackside advertising to get it right up the Sellick hordes.

Priceless memory and no McPherson or Montford droning to spoil it.

3 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

Very fond memories of the 4-2 win over Celtic and 6-2 over Hearts, alomg with numerous voctories over Ton home and away, but more recently the 6-2 home win over Ayr was magical and reaffirmed my belief we could stay up. What a day that was.

I was in hospitality for the Ayr game. Fantastic birthday gift. 

Was in Middlesbrough for this one. Surely needs to be up there though.