A Jolly Good Thrashing

Loved the Hearts 6-2 match. Had beaten them 5-2 in the final match of the previous season and they were all out for revenge. 'We'll not be losing 5-2 again' their manager was saying.
He was right! They didn't.

I was at the 5-2 win, I think that ensured European qualification?

Was it also Frank McAvennie's last game before leaving for West Ham? 
Yeah. Scored the fifth.
Signed off in style.
Of course, returned to Love Street at the start of the next season and got sent back to London with a 3-0 defeat.

was that not the game that there fans 

invaded the pitch at the end and wanted to fight the north bank remember it well 

Campbell money  stop us getting to them and got an award for it

but there were running battles all round the outside the ground 

them and hibs were a right bunch  off thugs home and away BAD TIMES GOING TO SSOME AWAY GAMES

invaded the pitch at the end and wanted to fight the north bank remember it well 
them and hibs were a right bunch  off thugs home and away BAD TIMES GOING TO SSOME AWAY GAMES

Prior to that game, the Hearts ‘casuals’ disembarked their train at Gilmour St, started a barny outside presto ( piazza for the young ones ) a Hearts female fan pulled out a knife and a St Mirren fan ( won’t name him ) booted her in the fanny after throwing a traffic cone at her before they ran through the Piazza.

Usually at Easter Rd late 70’s our bus window ( Rosebud ) would get put through , most violent was Edinburgh I found.

Enjoy watching our 5-2 win

I remember the Hearts fans going on to the pitch to get to us as they couldnt get over the fence, and dragging my then girlfriend by her jacket collar up Love St as bricks and bottles nd bits of pavement rained down on us. Worst I remember at a home match.
Ibrox was never ever a pleasant experience especially inside the ground (anyone remember the ICF attacking us charging down from the entrances behind us?)
And crossing the bridge on the way to Easter Rd was always touch and go.

15 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

And crossing the bridge on the way to Easter Rd was always touch and go.

More like touching cloth. 

Similar scary moments going over the big hill on the way back to the buses at Pittodrie.