Scottish Leagues 2018/2019

Cornwall_Saint

The Top 4 leagues kick off next weekend, but yesterday seen the start of the season in both the Highland and Lowland Leagues.

Highland Results

Brora Rangers 2-0 Wick Academy

Buckie Thistle 0-2 Inverurie Locomotive Works

Deveronvale 7-0 Lossiemouth

Formartine United 4-1 Nairn County

Fraserburgh 5-1 Strathspey Thistle

Huntly 2-3 Turriff United

Rothes 11-1 Fort William

Cove Rangers P-P Clachnacuddin (Cove in LC action)

Keith P-P Forres Mechanics

"Keith Football Club mourns the loss of a truly great servant, friend and colleague with the sad passing today of their honorary President Sandy Stables." - Posted Friday, hence the postponement.

Good starts for Brora, Fraserburgh, Inverurie and Formartine, all sides who could be challenging Cove for this year's title. Fort William already setting themselves up for another awful season, which seems to be every year.

Lowland League Results

Civil Service Strollers 0-0 Vale of Leithen

East Kilbride 10-0 Selkirk

Edusport Academy 4-1 Whitehill Welfare

Gala Fairydean 1-2 Cumbernauld Colts

Gretna 2008 0-3 Edinburgh University

Kelty Hearts 2-2 Dalbeattie Star

Spartans 2-2 Stirling University

East Kilbride quick to stake their claim as title contenders again this season. Kelty begin life in the Lowland League with a draw after a last minute equaliser. Champions Spartans were held to a draw.

I think this is Fort Williams last season in the HL.There's a plan for them to join an Amateur League.

Hopefully they can grab 2nd bottom place this season with Strathspey finishing bottom.

7 hours ago, HSS said:

I think this is Fort Williams last season in the HL.There's a plan for them to join an Amateur League.

Hopefully they can grab 2nd bottom place this season with Strathspey finishing bottom.

It's about time. I can't remember them at a stage they weren't totally dreadful. Others have had some poor years but it's an annual occurrence for Fort. I do wonder if there would be any opportunity for another tier up there, in the same way Lowland is connected to the EOS/SOS leagues. I had a look when trying to find out who was in with a chance of promotion to the Lowland League last season, only found one other (Highland based) league on that website and it wasn't connected to the Highland League. 

16 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

It's about time. I can't remember them at a stage they weren't totally dreadful. Others have had some poor years but it's an annual occurrence for Fort. I do wonder if there would be any opportunity for another tier up there, in the same way Lowland is connected to the EOS/SOS leagues. I had a look when trying to find out who was in with a chance of promotion to the Lowland League last season, only found one other (Highland based) league on that website and it wasn't connected to the Highland League. 

You would think Fort William, given the size of town and the relative isolation from other Highland towns, would have a much better team than they have. I guess football maybe just isn't their thing.

48 minutes ago, Hendo said:

You would think Fort William, given the size of town and the relative isolation from other Highland towns, would have a much better team than they have. I guess football maybe just isn't their thing.

It's a Shinty Town.........or should that be Shanty Town?

15 hours ago, Hendo said:

To mountainous for Sheep, hence the disadvantage from the rest of the sh"ggers !!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Premiership and other leagues are coming along nicely.  Hearts top with 4 wins on the trot. Their manager in hospital but recovering.  Livvy performing above expectations and their assistant manager the subject of a recovery order for proceeds of serious crime. (reportedly).  Dundee pointless after 4 games and Kenny Miller now playing for them.  Celtic beat the Govan Team.  Three managers gone already.... Miller,  Hartley and McKinnon (to Falkirk).  Scottish football certainly isn't dull.