Flag Day 2018 - Back the Buds

2 hours ago, Maboza said:

Are the young team (W7) not planning a march to the stadium again?? 

After the success of the trophy day march I would have thought it was a stick on that they'd be going for the same again for flag day!! 

I hope they do! 

Hope there are also lots of flags in the crowd  on the day to compliment the League Flag. 

20 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

That Championship flag is like the losers medal at a Cup final.

"Luk, we came first in the second tier comp"

How aboot we keep quiet aboot being in the second tier instead of boasting aboot it.

Dae the team that get relegated from the SPL get a 'guid try' flag fur at least being in the 'big league'.

Oh what a miserable individual that is behind that online personality, miserable indeed.

Winning the championship was indeed an achievement and some of the more light hearted Buddies amongst us will rightly wish to celebrate in an appropriate manner.  To think where we were almost headed to starting a new season back at the top table of Scottish football is really quite remarkable, remarkable indeed.  If the youngsters wish to mark the occasion then bloody guid luck to them.  One imagines that almost every supporter of our club will raise at least a smile when that hard fought for flag is unfurled.  I can only state how utterly sorry I feel for people who are so devoid of joy in life that they would wish to demean the achievement of winning the right to unfurl that flag.  Some people really do revel in sucking joy from wherever it can be found.  Well go suck your joy from elsewhere and leave our joy alone you joy sucking ghoul.

I am probably alone in thinking this but TBH once an achievement has been reached I almost immediately move onto the next thing. I've never been one for celebrations. It's not a negative thing at all. The pleasure came in the pursuit of the title and not in the final act of winning it.

Life is about the journey not the destination for me.

Wouldn't want to deprive anyone their right to celebrate the win though. Good luck to you.

Would be interesting to know if I am alone in this.

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, helpmaboab said:

That Championship flag is like the losers medal at a Cup final.

"Luk, we came first in the second tier comp"

How aboot we keep quiet aboot being in the second tier instead of boasting aboot it.

Dae the team that get relegated from the SPL get a 'guid try' flag fur at least being in the 'big league'.

FFS- What a dick !!

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I am probably alone in thinking this but TBH once an achievement has been reached I almost immediately move onto the next thing. I've never been one for celebrations. It's not a negative thing at all. The pleasure came in the pursuit of the title and not in the final act of winning it.

Wouldn't want to deprive anyone their right to celebrate the win though. Good luck to you.

Winning a league or a cup is pretty rare in most players'careers and is an honour. I'm happy for the players to enjoy the achievement while they can and let's face it those guys did well.

Edited by magnus

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Climbing the ladder in your personal life is celebrated by moving standards up in your personal life . Football is a different matter altogether. Flag day is a celebration.  

1 hour ago, magnus said:

Winning a league or a cup is pretty rare in most players'careers and is an honour. I'm happy for the players to enjoy the achievement while they can and let's face it those guys did well.

There will likely be a few players not there to enjoy the occasion. And a lot there who had nothing to do with it, including the coaching staff.

5 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

There will likely be a few players not there to enjoy the occasion. And a lot there who had nothing to do with it, including the coaching staff.

Players and managers move on.  That's life! 

The Board,  Chief Executive,  A number of players and the FANS will be there. 

A day for us all to enjoy and recall those who helped make this possible but unable to be there... ..absent friends. 

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I willnae be there. Canny afford the 1,100 mile round trip (+/- the extra for away games) every weekend. I hope everybuddie enjoys it and hopefully we can get the main thing on the day - 3 points.

Saint Mirren TV Cornwall

9 hours ago, shull said:

There will be a Display on Saturday, the whole length of the West Stand. 

Probably Cards or some sort of material to be held up. 

Correct. Won’t be there myself as I’m on holiday but I’m sure it will look brilliant, huge amount of work has gone into the display for this one 

7 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

It's not about Saints per se wee Dougie, it's about getting a flag and proudly flying it from your friggin stadium. It's an achievement not worthy of 'flying the flag' about. A flag for winning the SPL or the Scottish Cup is fully justifiable, not for winning part of the wee hurdles on the way. I don't want tae see a 'Championship Winners' flag flying from our stadium as a reminder of the fact that we're were once relegated and managed to gain promotion. Whatever floats your boat. Some awards are totally ridiculous, this is one of those IMHO.

Spoken like a true Loser .

Your still a Prick !!

16 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

It's not about Saints per se wee Dougie, it's about getting a flag and proudly flying it from your friggin stadium. It's an achievement not worthy of 'flying the flag' about. A flag for winning the SPL or the Scottish Cup is fully justifiable, not for winning part of the wee hurdles on the way. I don't want tae see a 'Championship Winners' flag flying from our stadium as a reminder of the fact that we're were once relegated and managed to gain promotion. Whatever floats your boat. Some awards are totally ridiculous, this is one of those IMHO.

So you wouldn't be happy if we won the Europa League as it's not the Champions League?