Ross Stewart to Ross County

djchapsticks

4 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

You could make it up though.

You could have put money on precisely who would be having a meltdown over this! :lol:

Totally agree..........................

An offer, yet to be confirmed, has come in for a fringe player, who has put in a transfer request, and was loaned out last year............... it is a no brainer. Unless some think he would have started Saturday ........................ Stubbs will have just added some pennies to his impending swoop.......

I'm fairly confident that by the time Stubbs has finished assembling his squad , most people will be saying Ross who ? 

Good luck to the lad if he is offski , but let's face facts - he was always going to be way down the pecking order this season. 

Obviously Elvis.  I don't think so and I say that as a fan of the young guy.  I wish him well and went to see him play for Alloa a few times. It strikes me that Alan Stubbs has a very clear idea of what he needs (4/5 out - 6 in) and that this will take another week or two to put in place. He has said already that this will be a mix of loan and other signings.

Think this is good news for the club, especially if we are getting a fee for him.

Wasn’t good enough for us in the Championship and he certainly wouldn’t have been good enough in the Premiership. Save for him heading into an empty net the other day against Dumbarton, I thought he was fairly quiet.

The only reason he was getting minutes in the league cup was cause we had no one else.

I guess and hope the striker starting for us on Saturday won’t have signed for us yet. Surely Stubbs wouldn’t be letting him go unless he knew he had a ready made replacement signing either later today or tomorrow.

Nice lad, but not a Premiership striker. Hope he does well up there. Now i feel Stubbzo is waiting for Silva to ok loan moves for a couple of young evertonians, and perhaps that rumoured bid for Shankland..?

be honest.. who would you want to start up front on Saturday?

A. Ross Stewart

B. Lawerence Shankland

its a no-brainer..!

worried about Ross sneaking in for Magennis next week though!

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Sometimes a club needs to keep players with potential  , a word used by Jackson to describe Stewart the other night. Remember , he was brought in as a "project" !

Jackson is not the manager.

Ross is 23 and still isn't at the required level so why keep him?

He is not Premiership quality.

People seem quite comfortable with us potentially losing one of our 3 striking options two days before the start of the season?

I believe there is potential for Stewart to become a reasonably good centre forward at this level, so would have been happy for him to stay. Would his departure be heartbreaking - certainly not. Would his departure just now be problematic? Quite possibly. It would leave us with Mullen and Cooke. Chew that over, folks....

The timing strikes me as madness.  Perhaps someone is coming in, and, if so, that's great. If not, we are leaving ourselves even lighter up front.

Anyway, let's just see what transpires.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

We need to trust the manager to do his job.

He couldn't get a game last season in the Championship but now he is apparently the great saviour. :lol:

You couldn't make it up.

No one is suggesting he was the saviour but as it stands he was virtually all we had - we need a couple of strikers sharpish

Not very happy about us letting STewart leave as I think he has potential. However, it's not something that leads me to go overboard. Would we have seen the same response to this had Jack been in charge? I highly doubt it. Fans haven't been won over by Stubbs yet, but we need to trust his judgement - at least until he's had time to prove his worth as our manager either way.

Just now, FTOF said:

A bit = £90K.:P

Maybe we could offer them Heaton. He's worth £75K.:rolleyes:

Didn't realise you knew what we were getting for Stewart. I don't, but I assume since Partick have been sniffing about him that they've made enquiries, and if Stewart has now gone for £10k I would have thought Thistle would have just paid that rather than dance around the matter. Not saying it's much more, but Stubbs didn't tell Stewart he was free to find another club, and surely 10 grand wouldn't be worth keeping him for if he wanted to move him on?

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

Didn't realise you knew what we were getting for Stewart. I don't, but I assume since Partick have been sniffing about him that they've made enquiries, and if Stewart has now gone for £10k I would have thought Thistle would have just paid that rather than dance around the matter. Not saying it's much more, but Stubbs didn't tell Stewart he was free to find another club, and surely 10 grand wouldn't be worth keeping him for if he wanted to move him on?

I have no idea what, if any, fee we'd get for Stewart.

It was my tongue in cheek valuation of him.B)

6 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Not very happy about us letting STewart leave as I think he has potential. However, it's not something that leads me to go overboard. Would we have seen the same response to this had Jack been in charge? I highly doubt it. Fans haven't been won over by Stubbs yet, but we need to trust his judgement - at least until he's had time to prove his worth as our manager either way.

It's all about the timing for me. My attitude on that might well change within the next 48 hours, though.

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

It's all about the timing for me. My attitude on that might well change within the next 48 hours, though.

INdeed - if there's no sign of a striker coming in then I'll be a bit pissed off myself. Still not happy with big Ross being allowed to go.

8 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I have no idea what, if any, fee we'd get for Stewart.

It was my tongue in cheek valuation of him.B)

Gotcha. I would imagine around £50k max, given there is more than one club interested and he's under contract, and the manager showed no sign of wanting him out - unlike other players. Enough to put in the pot towards another player fee or wages if required. :wink:

I presume Stubbs has got someone in the door and they are just awaiting this deal to go through (if true).

It would have been nice to see if we could develop him further. That being said our strike force is not good enough right now and if we can gain a fee out of selling one that's not bad business. I just hope that 1) Stubbs has someone ready to step in and 2) it's an improvement on what we have.