Ross Stewart to Ross County

djchapsticks

47 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Apart from the other 2 strikers! emoji1.png

Exactly you emphasized it perfectly in your response. It would leave a squad with two strikers one of which has barely played a full pro game in his life (Smith us never a striker). Simply nowhere near prepared with less than 48hrs to go.

7 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Don't like letting players who score goals go

Yes he's gangly and looks like a fish on a bike but he scores goals

Thats why clubs are interested in him

He doesn't score many goals for us though.  He looked a few bit stronger against Dumbarton, but generally we have been let down every time he has played.  Really lacking quality and composure.

Exactly you emphasized it perfectly in your response. It would leave a squad with two strikers one of which has barely played a full pro game in his life (Smith us never a striker). Simply nowhere near prepared with less than 48hrs to go.

What has Smith got to do with it?

Danny Mullen was the striker in the second half of last season. He’s still here isn’t he?

Stubbs signed Cooke so I’m presuming he rates him.

We only play with 1 striker and if Stewart left we’d still be left with 2.

So your post was wrong.

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

No one is suggesting he was the saviour but as it stands he was virtually all we had - we need a couple of strikers sharpish

We dont NEED a dedicated striker though.

What we need are goals and providing we are setup properly those can come from anywhere in the team.

That would make us hard to defend against.

Mullen would need to be a target man with people playing off him.

It really doesnt matter where the goals come from.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

What has Smith got to do with it?

Danny Mullen was the striker in the second half of last season. He’s still here isn’t he?

Stubbs signed Cooke so I’m presuming he rates him.

We only play with 1 striker and if Stewart left we’d still be left with 2.

So your post was wrong.

Mullen and Cooke, seriously ??? Your deluded if you think that will do.

12 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

I haven’t commented on the ability of either. :1eye

I’ll let you into a secret. I’m not the manager. I have nothing to do with player recruitment.

I presume that it’s Alan Stubbs who you think is deluded?

Ok then please do comment, would you be happy with Mullen and Cooke as our striking options. I wouldn't and I would add that including Stewart the options are still nowhere good enough but unless a replacement is imminent letting one go would be pretty negligent. I would be surprised if those 3 managed more than 10 goals a season between them at this level. Putting huge pressure on our midfield for goals.

12 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

I notice that Aberdeen’s striker, Sam Cosgrove, was playing in the 7th tier of English football last year and has scored once in his entire career.

I can only imagine the meltdown on the Aberdeen forums emoji23.png

As usual half truths, yes he was on loan at that level but he was a Carlisle Utd player and before that Wigan Athletic. So Aberdeen signed a Carlisle player whereas our similar stature striker came from the mighty Truro  !!

Ok then please do comment, would you be happy with Mullen and Cooke as our striking options. I wouldn't and I would add that including Stewart the options are still nowhere good enough but unless a replacement is imminent letting one go would be pretty negligent. I would be surprised if those 3 managed more than 10 goals a season between them at this level. Putting huge pressure on our midfield for goals.

Personally, I’d like to see us sign a new striker.

Not that that has anything to do with the fact that you were wrong!