Ross Stewart to Ross County

djchapsticks

33 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Given that two of the most recent topic headings on The Bristol Rovers Forum are "We desperately need a decent striker" and "2 days to go then and no sign of strikers", I think it rankles with the Bristol Rovers fans too.:lol:

Even after we signed Gavin Reilly last year, loads of punters (mostly the ones who have had a meltdown this close season) were saying the same things on here! :lol:

10 minutes ago, Jack the lad said:

That'll be the Reilly that scored 2 goals in the 3 games we played against Premier league teams last year?

6 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Partick Thistle, Aberdeen and who else?

He didn't score against Partick Thistle.

Gavin Reilly's 11 league goals last season certainly helped us win the Championship.

But 11 goals with the runaway champions playing alongside Lewis Morgan & Cammy Smith, suggests that his goal tally in the top flight might not have been prolific

1 hour ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Some posts on here are so stupid, unintelligent, idiotic, brainless and moronic they really do not merit anyone wasting their time with a counter argument!  

After winning the title in April JR was asked "when the planning for next season begins" he replied "last month"  - that advanced preparation went by the wayside when he was poached. It took two weeks to replace JR so when Stubbsy came in we were by then two and a half months behind schedule. Spending the first two weeks of his tenure chasing Showbiz Stars, in particular taking an expensive risk on Heaton, just exacerbated that problem and it currently looks like neither of them are automatic first picks! We’re going into the league campaign understrength - not all of it is Stubbsy’s fault but some of it is, whether you like it or not.

I look forward to your synonym laden reply! :1eye 

20 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Even after we signed Gavin Reilly last year, loads of punters (mostly the ones who have had a meltdown this close season) were saying the same things on here! :lol:

Can they no put him out on loan.  :whistle

2 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Some posts on here are so stupid, unintelligent, idiotic, brainless and moronic they really do not merit anyone wasting their time with a counter argument!  

21 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

After winning the title in April JR was asked "when the planning for next season begins" he replied "last month"  - that advanced preparation went by the wayside when he was poached. It took two weeks to replace JR so when Stubbsy came in we were by then two and a half months behind schedule. Spending the first two weeks of his tenure chasing Showbiz Stars, in particular taking an expensive risk on Heaton, just exacerbated that problem and it currently looks like neither of them are automatic first picks! We’re going into the league campaign understrength - not all of it is Stubbsy’s fault but some of it is, whether you like it or not.

I look forward to your synonym laden reply! :1eye 

:rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

Did we play Ross County?

Think we did in a bounce game and got pumped 5- 0.

Competitively, we played Thistle in the Betfred cup where we (and Reilly) scored no goals.

We also played Aberdeen in the Scottish cup , where Reilly scored a goal.:clapping

He didn't score against Partick Thistle.
Gavin Reilly's 11 league goals last season certainly helped us win the Championship.
But 11 goals with the runaway champions playing alongside Lewis Morgan & Cammy Smith, suggests that his goal tally in the top flight might not have been prolific

Yes I know that. I only remember us playing Thistle and Aberdeen last year, was wondering who the third team was.

8 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

You don’t rate Danny Mullen ?

Seriously?

emoji23.png

Mullen will flourish beside a six footer that can challenge in the air , sadly I don't think Ross Stewart is the man , did ok today but didn't put their GK or dodgy defence under much pressure !

7 hours ago, billyg said:

Mullen will flourish beside a six footer that can challenge in the air , sadly I don't think Ross Stewart is the man , did ok today but didn't put their GK or dodgy defence under much pressure !

Stewart did O.K.

However, I don't think that he's got the type of physique that can be "bulked up".

I think that will hold him back in his career.

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Whats missing from Stewart's game is what makes Crouch, Kane, Fellani and all the tall players effective.... and that is being a sheer pain in the ass, being all over defenders, drawing fouls and always an aerial threat. He needs to be meaner, uglier and a feckin pain in the ass.

Like you then? :rolleyes: