Ross Stewart to Ross County

djchapsticks

8 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Great movement and finish with his header yesterday.

His all round game is that of an unselfish team player. He never gives defenders peace and makes a nuisance of himself, in the most pleasing manner. He draws fouls all day long, and he’s the perfect foil for whoever comes in as the main striker.  Danny gives 100% every game and his hard work is paying off now. 

46 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Great movement and finish with his header yesterday.

He did really well to get in before Caulker, who is also about 6 inches taller than him.

Dundee fans seem to think that Caulker "strolled" the game.

Maybe he should have done less "strolling"when Danny showed him how to head a ball.:thumbsup

14 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Twitter rumour that one of the summer signings will be leaving too this week.

Given, he's had very little game time and is behind Ross Stewart in the pecking order (even though RS being allowed to go) you'd guess it would be Cody Cooke....

I suspect it might not be Cooke.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

He did really well to get in before Caulker, who is also about 6 inches taller than him.

Dundee fans seem to think that Caulker "strolled" the game.

Maybe he should have done less "strolling"when Danny showed him how to head a ball.:thumbsup

I saw that comment ! He was strolling when a couple of wee passing segments involving Coulson and Magennis on the left edge of the box,  tore him up for arse paper !

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

McGinn has been playing, so it's unlikely to be him.

Most likely Kellerman, unless Middlesbrough are buying Heaton for a couple of hundred thousand pounds.:rolleyes:

Not saying it's not Kellerman , but he was right on twitter last night celebrating , and complimenting the support !

Just now, billyg said:

Not saying it's not Kellerman , but he was right on twitter last night celebrating , and complimenting the support !

I hadn't thought of Rogers,until DITM mentioned him.

I hope it isn't Kellerman. I think there's potential for him to be a decent player for us.

3 minutes ago, davidg said:

No idea who the player is but I know there was a Newcastle scout watching Coulson. 

It's the one big risk with loan players , getting their chance at another club and showing up well , and moving elsewhere on a permanent deal . I think the 'Boro are likely to hold onto him surely ?

1 hour ago, Julian Banjos said:

Twitter rumour that one of the summer signings will be leaving too this week.

Given, he's had very little game time and is behind Ross Stewart in the pecking order (even though RS being allowed to go) you'd guess it would be Cody Cooke....

Normally I'd agree but think Cooke will survive given how short we are on options up front.

I think it could be Jeff King. Of the summer signings he's clearly not of the level we're looking for.

2 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

Wonder if Cooke will go out on loan for 6 months. Possibly to a championship team to get him used to full time Scottish football?

I actually don't think we'll do this with Cooke due to lack of numbers. Even with incomings.

Central mid though, we're overrun with players just now and so I think we could do this with Kellerman and bring him back in January. I certainly think he's got something there.

9 minutes ago, Maboza said:

Got to be Jeff King or Cody Cooke if one of the new signings is on the way out. 

Forgot about him.

If we're signing a the guy from Juventus, then maybe King is surplus to requirements.

A bit of intrigue for an otherwise boring Sunday evening.:)

Heaton as well though....

The manager's area of expertise on the pitch, £75K and a 3 year deal? I assumed the defence would be built around him but he's going to be in the reserves.

The game at Rugby Park, Kpekawa was signed just hours before, said himself he wasn't anywhere near fit yet, there he was, into the team ahead of Heaton.

22 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Heaton as well though....

The manager's area of expertise on the pitch, £75K and a 3 year deal? I assumed the defence would be built around him but he's going to be in the reserves.

The game at Rugby Park, Kpekawa was signed just hours before, said himself he wasn't anywhere near fit yet, there he was, into the team ahead of Heaton.

Hopefully Heaton has strong enough attributes to come on a fair bit and justify the price tag. Reserve league returning will be more helpful than u20’s. 

Kpekawa isn’t the worst centre half we’ve had but still looks slow and short of fitness. He doesn’t look like a leader the way Harry Davis was - and it’s a calm, assured leader that we need next to Baird. 

I think Ross is well worth holding on to.
Mehmet and Yardley were "late developers" who turned out ok.

With players who have pace like Smith and Mullen, somebody with Stewart's ball control is a major asset up front.

In games when we are under pressure, he is an "out". Wotk on his physicality and we could have a revelation on our hands.

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

think Ross is well worth holding on to.
Mehmet and Yardley were "late developers" who turned out ok.

With players who have pace like Smith and Mullen, somebody with Stewart's ball control is a major asset up front.

In games when we are under pressure, he is an "out". Wotk on his physicality and we could have a revelation on our hands.

I think what you say is fair comment, he does I think have potential, the problem I imagine arises in that we don't have the funds to keep too many like Heaton and Ross who have 'potential' sitting in the reserves. Heaton we paid good money for and we need to trust Stubbs that he knows his defenders  and their likelihood of developing into a good player and Stubbs picked him, whereas Ross was here and on-board when Stubbs arrived and it sound like we may be getting some cash for him . I think that's possibly the reason.