Ross Stewart to Ross County

djchapsticks

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

A forum is conversation based in nature.

Twitter relies on "following people" which is an embarassing thing for an adult to do. Twitter is specifically aimed at narcisists of which there are apparently millions out there. Imagine thinking that the human population would be fascinated by the minutiae of your everyday life. The business model is based on creating an army of people to act as "hubs" or so-called "influencers". This establishes and reinforces a hierarchical setup which is not a good thing at all.

Forums could not be more different than this.

There are plenty of ways to compare all sorts of things but it doesnt make that approach valid, We are genetically 96 or 97% identical to bananas but you would be hard pressed to find anyone who would focus on the similarities between the two as being as equally valid as focussing on the few percent differences.

Difference is everything. 

Perhaps you meant , differentiation is everything. .

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Twitter relies on "following people"

Actually it doesn't.

I haven't signed up to follow any Twitter feed and never will.

However, I regularly access both the club's official and B&WA's Twitter feeds for information, without "following" anybody. I pop in now and again, as information tends to appear there more quickly than on other places.

On a Saturday, for example, the club's Twitter feed is where the team sheet appears first, which allows me to have a look at the team before I head down to the ground.

So, it's entirely possible to use Twitter without engaging in "narcissistic" behaviour.

Edited by FTOF

42 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Thank you for recognising that.

To compare this forum with twitter is fundamentally flawed.

What do those idiots at Cambridge dictionary know anyway ?? 

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/social-media

:huh:Hmm ., maybe i got it wrong. pehaps this Oaksoft fellow is not so clever after all    :huh:

18 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Actually it doesn't.

I have and never will sign up to Twitter.

However, I regularly access both the club's official and B&WA's Twitter feeds for information, without "following" anybody. I pop in now and again, as information tends to appear there more quickly than on other places.

On a Saturday, for example, the club's Twitter feed is where the team sheet appears first, which allows me to have a look at the team before I head down to the ground.

So, it's entirely possible to use Twitter without engaging in "narcissistic" behaviour.

Then you steal it and post on here. :rolleyes:

Twitter is for children who have nothing better to do with their lives than gossip about utter shite. The fact that some rumours on there are true is as obvious as saying that in a mountain of shite a few flecks of water can be found. It still wouldnt be the first place you would go to get your water.
It beggars belief that grown adults spend their lives glued to it. 
You come across as a bit of a bellend at times Oaksoft. Most of your preaching i find quite funny as well as enjoying some of your wee arguments on here with other aliases.

Canny beat a funny c**t but put an imaginary fine line between those and choose the good side.

11 minutes ago, SaintGlenburn said:

You come across as a bit of a bellend at times Oaksoft. Most of your preaching i find quite funny as well as enjoying some of your wee arguments on here with other aliases.

Canny beat a funny c**t but put an imaginary fine line between those and choose the good side.

:rolleyes:

40 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Actually it doesn't.

I have and never will sign up to Twitter.

True, you've made great use of the forum in that respect.

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

A forum is conversation based in nature.

Twitter relies on "following people" which is an embarassing thing for an adult to do. Twitter is specifically aimed at narcisists of which there are apparently millions out there. Imagine thinking that the human population would be fascinated by the minutiae of your everyday life. The business model is based on creating an army of people to act as "hubs" or so-called "influencers". This establishes and reinforces a hierarchical setup which is not a good thing at all.

Forums could not be more different than this.

There are plenty of ways to compare all sorts of things but it doesnt make that approach valid, We are genetically 96 or 97% identical to bananas but you would be hard pressed to find anyone who would focus on the similarities between the two as being as equally valid as focussing on the few percent differences.

Difference is everything.

Oh look - another mountain of shite... 

5 hours ago, SaintGlenburn said:

Everyone comes across as a bit of a bellend at some point.

Are you saying you dont?

If no, why single me out. Away and worry about your own bellend-ness and leave me to have fun.

If yes, my response would have to spread my legs, put my hands on my hips and indulge in a spot of raucous laughter.

You want preach? I shall give you preach......

Remember the Old Testament. The book of Job, verse 4 - "Behold the denier of his own Bellendness forsooth he is not to be trusted to wipeth his ain erse" (I am not quoting verbatim here but I think I have the gistvof it).

3 hours ago, Soctty said:

Oh look - another mountain of shite... 

That's a bit low brow isn't it?

Do you the ability to be clever with your humour or is it all neanderthal knuckle dragging and playing to the gallery?

I just want to know what I am up against here.

6 hours ago, FTOF said:

Actually it doesn't.

I haven't signed up to follow any Twitter feed and never will.

Oh you "regularly access" do you? :lol:

What a hilariously middle class way of saying you follow the club's twitter feed.. :lol:

I bet you have a doormat which makes some reference to Prosecco or you have one of those ornamental word things like "HOME" or LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH". :lol:

Jesus.....you don't own a Fondue set do you?

Just admit that you follow the club's twitter feed FFS.

Edited by oaksoft

Oh you "regularly access" do you? [emoji38]
What a hilariously middle class way of saying you follow the club's twitter feed.. [emoji38]
I bet you have a doormat which makes some reference to Prosecco or you have one of those ornamental word things like "HOME" or LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH". [emoji38]

6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

What a hilariously middle class way of saying you follow the club's twitter feed.. :lol:

I bet you have a doormat which makes some reference to Prosecco or you have one of those ornamental word things like "HOME" or LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH". :lol:

To "follow" a Twitter feed you have to signed up for Twitter. Happily, I'm not.:)

I see you've been reading your Michael McIntyre "joke" book.

Also,  I don't have a doormat.

I'd suggest a doormat for you, but I'm not sure they've got one that says, "Internet bore lives here".:wink:

Edited by FTOF

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

To "follow" a Twitter feed you have to signed up for Twitter. Happily, I'm not.:)

I see you've been reading your Michael McIntyre "joke" book.

Also,  I don't have a doormat.

I'd suggest a doormat for you, but I'm not sure they've got one that says, "Internet bore lives here".:wink:

#whoneedsagoodkicking  ^_^

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Do you have the ability to be funny with your humour...?