Ross Stewart to Ross County

djchapsticks

18 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I have never used the word "genius" to describe anyone, let alone myself. You appear to be showing signs of confusion.

The word is used by people to explain away why they are less intellectually successful than others. The truth is that it is hard work which distinguishes those at the top from the rest. Just like in football, art, music and pretty much any other category you may care to think of.

There is no such thing as a genius.

But there is such a thing as Bawbag, as demonstrated by this post :P

18 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I have never used the word "genius" to describe anyone, let alone myself. You appear to be showing signs of confusion.

The word is used by people to explain away why they are less intellectually successful than others. The truth is that it is hard work which distinguishes those at the top from the rest. Just like in football, art, music and pretty much any other category you may care to think of.

There is no such thing as a genius.

You see when I used the terminology self opinionated , and you said nothing wrong with that! Well I guess that because that's really all you do Oakey

You should maybe try the anonym IMHO from time to time.... After all nothing wrong with having an opinion, but the above, like many of your posts, is telling us what we should think  

Because IMHO there is of course such a thing as a genius , human history is littered with them . where things just appeared to them like Newton and Einstein .  

However you are entitled to  your opinion - just happens to be total bollocks:wink:

Edited by DougJamie

27 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

I guess we wont confirm the sale until we have a player or two in...especially as he started on Saturday

(Just waiting on it being confirmed in the next 5 minutes now...)

Tick Tock Tick Tock. 

On 8/6/2018 at 6:43 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:
On 8/6/2018 at 5:58 PM, oaksoft said:

Thank you for recognising that.

To compare this forum with twitter is fundamentally flawed.

What do those idiots at Cambridge dictionary know anyway ?? 

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/social-media

NOT a lot compared to the REAL scholars at Oxford ........ but that aside.  B)

OK you suggest the fact they are both social media platforms is enough for them to be similar or at least similar enough for you to win your point.

What is it about point scoring on this site? Is everyone so insecure that they need everyone else to see that they are cleverer than whoever they are debating with.  I mean ; who gives a sh*t

Anyway; working on your rational, a bicycle,  a Ford Fiesta car, a Rolls Royce silver Cloud, a Double Decker bus, a Train an Aeroplane and the space shuttle  are all means of transport, but I would suggest that they are not all comparable.  BTW I am not attempting to be clever just pointing out something I think is rather obvious. :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, DougJamie said:

You see when I used the terminology self opinionated , and you said nothing wrong with that! Well I guess that because that's really all you do Oakey

You should maybe try the anonym IMHO from time to time.... After all nothing wrong with having an opinion, but the above, like many of your posts, is telling us what we should think  

Because IMHO there is of course such a thing as a genius , human history is littered with them . where things just appeared to them like Newton and Einstein .  

However you are entitled to  your opinion - just happens to be total bollocks:wink:

I am genuinely curious as to what you were thinking when you posted this.

What was your intention?

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Your point to tell us mere mortals that genius does not exist.... i disagree. There u go. Shortened version

There you go. Why you didnt just post that the first time is anyone's guess.

The rest of your post was evidence of you not following your own advice on another thread regarding posters who annoy you.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The rest of your post was evidence of you not following your own advice on another thread regarding posters who annoy you.

Anyone's? FFS Oaky even you are failing on the pedants scale, if you are going to continue to correct us from on high you can surely be expected to be grammatically correct.

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I wasn't saying you were rude or annoying ? I was just saying your assumptive in some cases....

As in there is no such thing as Genius ..... is not hard mate

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

I wasn't saying you were rude or annoying ? I was just saying your assumptive in some cases....

As in there is no such thing as Genius ..... is not hard mate

Ideas didn't just "appear" to people like Einstein and Newton.

Those ideas were heavily linked to the work of others and they made connections to new ideas from many years of intensive study achieving mastery in terms of both depth and breadth of a wide range of subjects.

Newton suffered accusations of plagiarism throughout his life amd Einstein didn't possess the mathematics necessary to prove his work.

Both were highly flawed individuals who were allowed to get away with appalling behaviour because people white knighted them by calling them "geniuses".  When you call people things like this you enable them to believe the can act with impunity.

This terrible practice continues to this day. We saw it with Jimmy Savillie and a host of others.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Those ideas were heavily linked to the work of others and they made connections to new ideas from many years of intensive study achieving mastery in terms of both depth and breadth of a wide range of subjects.

Newton suffered accusations of plagiarism throughout his life amd Einstein didn't possess the mathematics necessary to prove his work.

Both were highly flawed individuals who were allowed to get away with appalling behaviour because people white knighted them by calling them "geniuses".  When you call people things like this you enable them to believe the can act with impunity.

This terrible practice continues to this day. We saw it with Jimmy Savillie and a host of others.

Geezuschristtakeachillpill#

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Are you 14 years old?

Grow up Doug.

If you dont want a conversation then dont start one up with me.

FFS.

I was trying to have a convo, but again got shut down with your opinion

genius
ˈdʒiːnɪəs/  
noun
noun: genius; plural noun: geniuses
  1. 1.
    exceptional intellectual or creative power or other natural ability.
    "she was a teacher of genius"
    synonyms: brilliance, great intelligence, great intellect, great ability, cleverness, brains, erudition, wisdom, sagacity, fine mind, wit, artistry, flair, creative power, precocity, precociousness More
    "the world had already heard of Hawking's genius"
    talent, gift, flair, aptitude, facility, knack, technique, touch, bent, ability, expertise, capacity, power, faculty;
    endowment, strength, strong point, forte, brilliance;
    dexterity, adroitness, skill, cleverness, virtuosity, artistry
    "that woman has a genius for organization"
    antonyms: stupidity
  2. 2.
    an exceptionally intelligent person or one with exceptional skill in a particular area of activity.
    "a mathematical genius"
    synonyms: brilliant person, mental giant, mastermind, Einstein, intellectual, intellect, brain, highbrow, expert, master, artist, polymath; More
    prodigy, gifted child;
    idiot savant;
    informalegghead, brains, bright spark, whizz, wizard, ninja, alpha geek, walking encyclopedia;
    informalbrainbox, clever clogs, boffin;
    informalbrainiac, rocket scientist, maven
    "the boy is an absolute genius"
    antonyms: dunce
  3. 3.
    a person regarded as exerting a powerful influence over another for good or evil.
    "he sees Adams as the man's evil genius"
    • (in some mythologies) a spirit associated with a particular person, place, or institution.
      plural noun: genii
  4. 4.
    the prevailing character or spirit of something.
    "Boucher's paintings did not suit the austere genius of neoclassicism"
adjective
informal
adjective: genius
  1. 1.
    very clever or ingenious.
    "a genius idea"

Now above does not make it totally correct. My point is...... that's my humble opinion (IMHO)

17 hours ago, jaybee said:

Anyway; working on your rational, a bicycle,  a Ford Fiesta car, a Rolls Royce silver Cloud, a Double Decker bus, a Train an Aeroplane and the space shuttle  are all means of transport, but I would suggest that they are not all comparable.  BTW I am not attempting to be clever just pointing out something I think is rather obvious. :rolleyes:

f**kit

Edited by antrin
can't be arsed

Must be some real dodgy websites that you visit for you to have seen people call Jimmy Saville a genius! [emoji23]