Ross Stewart to Ross County

djchapsticks

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

People giving ANY credibility to "Twitter rumours"....... :lol:

FFS.

The manager himself has already said that players may come in AND leave. He has been saying this for ages.

Okay , so this weekends twitter rumours are as follows ,  R Stewart to Ross County , Teto Beltrame from Juventus , Nicolai  Brock-Madsen from Birmingham. We'll see if they're credible or not ! Who knows !

10 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

I think Ross is well worth holding on to.
Mehmet and Yardley were "late developers" who turned out ok.

With players who have pace like Smith and Mullen, somebody with Stewart's ball control is a major asset up front.

In games when we are under pressure, he is an "out". Wotk on his physicality and we could have a revelation on our hands.

Worryingly for you perhaps EK but I am in your camp on this. The lad needs to build more upper body strength and this can be done. 

10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

People giving ANY credibility to "Twitter rumours"....... :lol:

FFS.

The manager himself has already said that players may come in AND leave. He has been saying this for ages.

I suppose it depends on if the origin of the rumour has got something right before.

On P&B the rumour is that one of Stubbs' signings will be offloaded already this week. Seems unlikely, but again, if it comes from what you regard as a good source then that may give credence to the rumour.

3 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

He needs do become a bully , and quick. There is a player there imo but he is too easily muscled out by streetwise defenders.

Give Ross space he is good, but in this league he is far too weak. I wish him well, he will be away within 2 weeks

5 minutes ago, Soctty said:

On P&B the rumour is that one of Stubbs' signings will be offloaded already this week. Seems unlikely, but again, if it comes from what you regard as a good source then that may give credence to the rumour.

One , possibly two is the rumour. One permanently gone , one on loan ! One thing's for sure ,Stubbs said on radio that  August was going to be a busy month ,  which seems likely !

30 minutes ago, billyg said:

One , possibly two is the rumour. One permanently gone , one on loan ! One thing's for sure ,Stubbs said on radio that  August was going to be a busy month ,  which seems likely !

Heard similar. Hope it is two that I've heard. They haven't impressed.

4 hours ago, billyg said:

Okay , so this weekends twitter rumours are as follows ,  R Stewart to Ross County , Teto Beltrame from Juventus , Nicolai  Brock-Madsen from Birmingham. We'll see if they're credible or not ! Who knows !

Twitter is for children who have nothing better to do with their lives than gossip about utter shite. The fact that some rumours on there are true is as obvious as saying that in a mountain of shite a few flecks of water can be found. It still wouldnt be the first place you would go to get your water.

It beggars belief that grown adults spend their lives glued to it. 

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, spankin_panda said:

Making an assumption that its not the one we spent 75K to sign.... That would be annoying.....

On the other hand, a certain striker out on loan and a midfielder offski too wouldn't be a bad thing.

More the later.

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Cheers mate . Just heard that to

Would have to be soon to allow the player involved to get a club back down south I suppose, although I suppose he'd be able to move outside the window if his contract was cancelled. He'll want to be available now when a lot of clubs are still bringing players in.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Twitter is for children who have nothing better to do with their lives than gossip about utter shite. The fact that some rumours on there are true is as obvious as saying that in a mountain of shite a few flecks of water can be found. It still wouldnt be the first place you would go to get your water.

If only some of your posts weren't a mountain of shite...

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Says the man with Eight and a half thousand posts. :rolleyes:

Just now, oaksoft said:

I dont have eight and a half thousand twitter posts. :blink:

Aha, i see what you did there !! 

By deliberately misunderstanding my post you tried to deflect from the fact that while you dont do, follow or understand twitter , you are quite happy to spend your time glued to this site and contibute copious aounts of your own shite to add to the mountain of shite already on here.

You`re much too clever.

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

For a self-proclaimed genius you tend to misunderstand some pretty simple sentences.

To clarify - all of your posts are a mountain of shite...

I have never used the word "genius" to describe anyone, let alone myself. You appear to be showing signs of confusion.

The word is used by people to explain away why they are less intellectually successful than others. The truth is that it is hard work which distinguishes those at the top from the rest. Just like in football, art, music and pretty much any other category you may care to think of.

There is no such thing as a genius.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

To compare this forum with twitter is fundamentally flawed.

Not really. Both social media platforms, allowing people from all over the world to discuss basically whatever they want.

The main difference is that this feels like more of a closed community (which it isn't), while Twitter is far more open.

Either way, there are plenty of valid points for comparison.

11 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Not really. Both social media platforms, allowing people from all over the world to discuss basically whatever they want.

The main difference is that this feels like more of a closed community (which it isn't), while Twitter is far more open.

Either way, there are plenty of valid points for comparison.

A forum is conversation based in nature.

Twitter relies on "following people" which is an embarassing thing for an adult to do. Twitter is specifically aimed at narcisists of which there are apparently millions out there. Imagine thinking that the human population would be fascinated by the minutiae of your everyday life. The business model is based on creating an army of people to act as "hubs" or so-called "influencers". This establishes and reinforces a hierarchical setup which is not a good thing at all.

Forums could not be more different than this.

There are plenty of ways to compare all sorts of things but it doesnt make that approach valid, We are genetically 96 or 97% identical to bananas but you would be hard pressed to find anyone who would focus on the similarities between the two as being as equally valid as focussing on the few percent differences.

Difference is everything.

Edited by oaksoft