Striker from European club!

Based on the evidence of what we’ve seen so far I think the safe bet is that we’ll really struggle this year. We don’t have any pace, width or goals in the team. When you add in that we don’t really look capable of grinding out results either, thats not a good combo.

That being said, it’s fitba and if it was easy to predict we’d all be millionaires wouldn’t we?

Last week was better and a wee bit of luck today might see us off to a good start. Confidence and momentum in sport are so important so who knows where it will go?

What I do know is that I’ll be down there early today with thousands of other Buds making sure the team know we’re 100% behind them.

#COYS

4 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Based on the evidence of what we’ve seen so far I think the safe bet is that we’ll really struggle this year. We don’t have any pace, width or goals in the team. When you add in that we don’t really look capable of grinding out results either, thats not a good combo.

That being said, it’s fitba and if it was easy to predict we’d all be millionaires wouldn’t we?

Last week was better and a wee bit of luck today might see us off to a good start. Confidence and momentum in sport are so important so who knows where it will go?

What I do know is that I’ll be down there early today with thousands of other Buds making sure the team know we’re 100% behind them.

#COYS

8 goals in the 4 league cup games, albeit 6 against Dumbarton, suggests otherwise.

Also 3 clean sheets. 

Overall, as I've said, this season, no matter who our manger is, will be a struggle. 

The body of work so far is what makes me say that. We looked good last week but there will be better defences ahead of us. At present we have Mullen and Cooke which what I was alluding to. Cammy can chip in with a few but we really could be doing with someone who we can bank on for 10-12 goals.

1 hour ago, ged62 said:

It’s fair comment in your opinion. How do I think we’ll do, don’t know TBH I’ll to see how we do today. It’s all doom & gloom with the usual suspects on this forum. Sometimes you wonder if they want the club to fail to prove themselves right. That’s just my opinion emoji6.png

I'm being realistic. 

If you are looking for a prediction, I think we will finish 10th, and that will do me this season.

It is going to be very tough. That isn't doom and gloom, that's just calling it as I see it.

Whatever you think, please don't suggest that I would ever want to see the club to fail.

2 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

I also think we’ll struggle.

Without Lewis Morgan, we had, at best, a mid table Championship squad.

I can’t imagine why anyone would think that we wouldn’t struggle!

Completely disagree with that. If you go though last year's squad man for man, i can't really think of any players from other squads who would get into our team. Maybe one or two max.

I'm being realistic. 
If you are looking for a prediction, I think we will finish 10th, and that will do me this season.
It is going to be very tough. That isn't doom and gloom, that's just calling it as I see it.
Whatever you think, please don't suggest that I would ever want to see the club to fail.

I didn’t say you were one of them you probably know who they are, like you survival will do me. Problem is to many living on last season but we’re up with the big boys now so back to reality. Last seasons team probably wouldn’t of been strong enough for this season so we were needing changes. Only time will tell if they were the correct ones. COYS

Can't wait to see the new signing. He looks like a Beltr [emoji3]
If it's Stefano Beltrame then his goalscoring stats aren't really that impressive. However he's been at Juve a while now so would like to think they see something in him.

3 minutes ago, st jock said:
6 hours ago, djchapsticks said:
Can't wait to see the new signing. He looks like a Beltr emoji3.png

If it's Stefano Beltrame then his goalscoring stats aren't really that impressive. However he's been at Juve a while now so would like to think they see something in him.

If it is him, he seems to be more an attacking mid/wide player than an out and out centre forward from clips I've seen. A second striker type. 

I’d say the Italian top league would be of better quality than ours (not trying to belittle the SPL) so he may flourish in our league. Just a thought.

If it is him, he seems to be more an attacking mid/wide player than an out and out centre forward from clips I've seen. A second striker type. 
That's fair play. I didn't watch any clips just looked at the stats. Was hoping we would be getting a goalscorer. I'm sure he will be an asset to us anyway.