W7 Appreciation Post

Just adding my appreciation for the lads in W7. Their work at games over the last two years has been excellent and definitely adds to the match day experience. Thought Saturday's effort was superb, their best yet. Well done and thanks to all involved! 

On the topic of the turnstiles, I arrived at 2.30 to find the readers had been changed and I had to present my season ticket in a different way from last year. Caused a bit of confusion and a few moments delay to the folk in the queue behind.. I know I'm not the sharpest when it comes to technology, but did the club produce any explanation of how to use the new readers before the start of the season? If so, I must have missed it.

The lads are truly outstanding. I thought my singing at fitba matches days were well and truly over. Far too auld and sensible for any of that nonsense. However, at the matches I attended last season and the season before, I found myself transported back to the late 70s Northbank version of me. They are just so infectious you cannae help gettin carried away. At the 2-2 game in Inverness I was like a man possessed. Great fun.

Well done lads and I hope your numbers continue to swell. 

THAT BANNER

Absolutely magnificent,

So simple and straight to the point and it trumps any Stadium display that I have ever seen.

AND CRUSHED SEVCO'S EFFORTS COMPREHENSIVELY.

Every time they show a photo of theirs our CLASSIC will always be there sitting proudly in that corner.

The truth is, their Club is dead and while they and Celtic fans are in Glasgow, their City is shite.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL INVOLVED AND GIVE US MANY MORE LIKE IT.

The banner was excellent and is making more news than the dead clubs display did.

Fans of the arse cheeks and their behaviour makes Glasgow appear shite but I'm originally from Glasgow and love lots of things about the city but there is a lot of shite in there.

It's really hit a nerve with those knuckle draggers.

Fantastic that those f**kers got trumped. Well done to all [emoji106]

I wonder if any of the people behind the slogan gave a thought to the notion that they might have provoked the missile throwing that landed, not on themselves as they appeared a safe distance from the Govan stand, but on an innocent child amongst others.

Following the club's reaction to the banner at a Morton game, they surely knew it was provocative.

I wonder if any of the people behind the slogan gave a thought to the notion that they might have provoked the missile throwing that landed, not on themselves as they appeared a safe distance from the Govan stand, but on an innocent child amongst others.

Following the club's reaction to the banner at a Morton game, they surely knew it was provocative.

I wonder if the Sevco fans were checked properly prior to entering if the bottle would have been kept outside the stadium ?

Maybe the banner should have read ‘Your club is dead - Your city is like many others, good bits and bad bits, but it has a lot going for it, it hosted the Commonwealth Games, the European Championships, there are great music venues, some cracking Indian restaurants, the architecture is amazing, so are a lot of the pubs, the museums are excellent, but the two biggest football clubs in it are utter fcuktards who are frankly an embarrasment to Glasgow folk who might not even like football but get caught up in your sectarian fuelled shite every time there’s an ‘Old Firm’ game. Wish you’d both fcuk off to a league somewhere that’ll have you, but no cnut will, so we’re stuck with you, you pricks’

Thoughts?

Edited by pozbaird

2 hours ago, whydowebother said:

I wonder if the Sevco fans were checked properly prior to entering if the bottle would have been kept outside the stadium ?

of course they weren't

Which is a good reason not to provoke them especially when someone else bears the brunt of the response.  My view is that the lax stewarding made the bottle throwing possible, the disgusting nature of the sevco fans made it likely and the banner was enough moron-bait to all but ensure there was trouble.

But hey, some guys got 2 minutes of fame on facebook over it and dodged the missiles to boot.

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

This is the only provocative thing when it comes to Morton.

21-04-18-ladbrokes-championship-st-mirre

30 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

of course they weren't

Which is a good reason not to provoke them especially when someone else bears the brunt of the response.  My view is that the lax stewarding made the bottle throwing possible, the disgusting nature of the sevco fans made it likely and the banner was enough moron-bait to all but ensure there was trouble.

But hey, some guys got 2 minutes of fame on facebook over it and dodged the missiles to boot.

Exactly, their reputation, especially after the stabbings at the European game, should make people think about not antagonising them,

Edited by buddiecat

3 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

FFS I've heard it all now.

St. Mirren fans at fault for small child being hit by a bottle.

Whate an absolutely, unbelievably shite post.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

FFS I've heard it all now.

St. Mirren fans at fault for small child being hit by a bottle.

Whate an absolutely, unbelievably shite post.

Yes, you should be able to peaceably go where you please

yes, you should be able to follow your team as you please

Yes, you should be aware that the place you are going is dangerous and nobody with the power to make it safe cares enough to do so

12 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Yes, you should be able to peaceably go where you please

yes, you should be able to follow your team as you please

Yes, you should be aware that the place you are going is dangerous and nobody with the power to make it safe cares enough to do so

Let's be clear.........if indeed someone was hit with a bottle (I've still seen zero evidence of that by the way), are you implying that by displaying that banner, the St. Mirren fans brought it on themselves?

If you are saying that, IMO you should be ashamed of yourself and if you're not saying that, then your post is literally meaningless.

Guest TPAFKATS
Maybe the banner should have read ‘Your club is dead - Your city is like many others, good bits and bad bits, but it has a lot going for it, it hosted the Commonwealth Games, the European Championships, there are great music venues, some cracking Indian restaurants, the architecture is amazing, so are a lot of the pubs, the museums are excellent, but the two biggest football clubs in it are utter fcuktards who are frankly an embarrasment to Glasgow folk who might not even like football but get caught up in your sectarian fuelled shite every time there’s an ‘Old Firm’ game. Wish you’d both fcuk off to a league somewhere that’ll have you, but no cnut will, so we’re stuck with you, you pricks’

Thoughts?
Thoughts
It would never have fitted in the small corner that we were allocated.
There's too many profanities for some if our support to deal with.
Imagine how provocative that would've been for the home fans. They would've thrown molotov cocktails at our fans and you know we'd only have ourselves to blame [emoji849]

34 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Let's be clear.........if indeed someone was hit with a bottle (I've still seen zero evidence of that by the way), are you implying that by displaying that banner, the St. Mirren fans brought it on themselves?

If you are saying that, IMO you should be ashamed of yourself and if you're not saying that, then your post is literally meaningless.

TPAFKA

I think the banner was ill advised and unduly provocative.

Did it spark a reaction? 

Of course it did,  it was intended to. 

But.... I have no idea if this or some of the other reported interactions between fans led to the reported incident. 

What I do believe is that it is never acceptable for things to be thrown and much more than unnaceptable if a child was involved. 

I can never understand why a game that requires two teams to compete against each other can finish  up with supporters who actively dislike each other. 

I dont feel that way about opposition fans... Their noise and support for their team (whoever they are)  enhance my enjoyment when not taken too seriously. 

Edited by St.Ricky

30 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Let's be clear, it happened and hit a young girl one row behind and two seats along from me and my daughter, it didn't miss my daughter by much!!

I know you're not but to suggest the reason that the bottle was thrown was a banner is almost laughable..... It was thrown as they were celebrating their first goal, more than twenty minutes after the banner was shown. If it was as a reaction to the banner it would have been thrown long before it was, what a bonkers suggestion!!