Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
RossCSmfc

W7 Appreciation Post

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

TPAFKA

I think the banner was ill advised and unduly provocative.

Did it spark a reaction? 

Of course it did,  it was intended to. 

But.... I have no idea if this or some of the other reported interactions between fans led to the reported incident. 

What I do believe is that it is never acceptable for things to be thrown and much more than unnaceptable if a child was involved. 

I can never understand why a game that requires two teams to compete against each other can finish  up with supporters who actively dislike each other. 

I dont feel that way about opposition fans... Their noise and support for their team (whoever they are)  enhance my enjoyment when not taken too seriously. 

Go on Ricky, you were there as was I.

Did you feel a palpable difference after the banner was shown baring in mind that most in the ground wouldn't have seen it as they were holding up their own displays.The bottle was thrown by a scumbag whose only intention was being a scumbag, he'd (she'd) have done it anyway!!

Edited by WeeBud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Go on Ricky, you were there as was I.

Did you feel a palpable difference after the banner was shown baring in mind that most in the ground wouldn't have seen it as they were holding up their pen displays.The bottle was thrown by a scumbag whose only intention was being a scumbag, he'd (she'd) have done it anyway!!

Wee Bud

I am not linking the two things directly.  I don't know is my thought. 

And I condemn whoever threw the plastic bottle unreservedly. 

I love what the W7 guys are doing,  I really do. 

I hope you will agree that this shouldn't prevent me saying that I think they got this one wrong with the banner. 

I would like to see us boosting our own club,  team and players  ,not knocking others. 

The guys have been doing this really well. 

Others feel differently. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Wee Bud

I am not linking the two things directly.  I don't know is my thought. 

And I condemn whoever threw the plastic bottle unreservedly. 

I love what the W7 guys are doing,  I really do. 

I hope you will agree that this shouldn't prevent me saying that I think they got this one wrong with the banner. 

I would like to see us boosting our own club,  team and players  ,not knocking others. 

The guys have been doing this really well. 

Others feel differently. 

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion.

However you stated that the banner sparked a reaction and I'm asking you to describe this reaction that you experienced for the avoidance of doubt.

And just for clarity and accuracy, it was a plastic bottle but was half full and could still do a fair bit of damage, fortunately it didn't but it was sure as hell meant to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WeeBud said:

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion.

However you stated that the banner sparked a reaction and I'm asking you to describe this reaction that you experienced for the avoidance of doubt.

And just for clarity and accuracy, it was a plastic bottle but was half full and could still do a fair bit of damage, fortunately it didn't but it was sure as hell meant to.

Thanks we bud. 

Yes it did.  Vociferous and angry retorts. 

But...... Again I didn't see the throwing incident. 

I have no idea if this in itself caused the action. 

Paper, plastic,  empty or half full should not have been thrown.

Terrible behaviour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Thanks we bud. 

Yes it did.  Vociferous and angry retorts. 

But...... Again I didn't see the throwing incident. 

I have no idea if this in itself caused the action. 

Paper, plastic,  empty or half full should not have been thrown.

Terrible behaviour. 

All the Rangers fans that I know, many of them at the game thought the banner was funny!!

now thinking only logically, why did it take over twenty minutes for the bottle to be thrown if it was a "reaction" to the banner......anyone that angry would surely have thrown it while they were so angry and vociferous!!

Anyway Auld Yin, I'm off to bed....night!!

Edited by WeeBud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WeeBud said:

All the Rangers fans that I know, many of them at the game thought the banner was funny!!

now thinking only logically, why did it take over twenty minutes for the bottle to be thrown if it was a "reaction" to the banner......anyone that angry would surely have thrown it while they were so angry and vociferous!!

Anyway Auld Yin, I'm off to bed....night!!

Bud........ I was answering someone else's post about the banner being the cause.  I can't say it was but I can't discount that it added to the tensions. 

Sleep well young yin

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This banner did no more and than poke fun at the display that had been organised at Ibrox and their own fault for leaking details of it , Now if our banner had stooped to the levels of the "Green Brigade's" vile crap then fair complaints could be made . The boys done good i thought it was very funny:thumbs2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

This banner did no more and than poke fun at the display that had been organised at Ibrox and their own fault for leaking details of it , Now if our banner had stooped to the levels of the "Green Brigade's" vile crap then fair complaints could be made . The boys done good i thought it was very funny:thumbs2

Maybe the Bluebeaks would have appreciated it more in the banner was ‘YOUR CLUB IS DEAD - IT IS ST MUNGOS CITY’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The banner was a "Get it up ye" to the home fans.They had spent a lot of time and money for their own display,the content of which was meant to be secret.The content was leaked and the W7 boys took advantage of this......an open goal for some fun.

That picture is world wide now.A lot of people,myself included,like having a look at fan pictures,stadiums,tifos etc.There'll be people all over saying to their mates "Did you see the rangers pictures" while laughing into their pints.

The fans of the other 40 Scottish Clubs have enjoyed it,Twitter was full of it and the W7 boys were being held in high esteem.

Well done Lads.....you played a blinder.

PS.

The bottle would have been thrown....banner or not.

There was nothing offensive about the banner.The only people who could take umbrage to it are the Glesga Tourist Board.Hope GLS disnae hit the boys with a Cum oan,Get aff message.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Old firm have been indulging in Major "Banner wars" recently and it has been fairly big news not only on Social Media but on National Media too. The "You're not Rangers anymore banner" that was transported half way across Europe but was thwarted at the last minute  when Celtic's intelligence network broke down and  their plans were leaked made big news. The bears went into action and intercepted the banner somewhere in deepest darkest Croatia. This was a major slap in the face (possibly quite literally) for the Celtic  propaganda machine. The story was covered on Radio and picked up by most of the main papers. The intelligence networks of both sets of fans were analysed and it was seen as overwhelming strategic victory for the Rangers Fans.

Well done W7. The word Sh**e which offended so many on here is in the Oxford Dictionary and has many meanings including "Something  worthless, rubbish, nonsense, eg this book is shit’ .  This is the description a lot of the PC trolls on here have been using to describe Rangers.

It can also mean an  Unpleasant experience or treatment. ‘I went through a lot of shit last year’ Is that not how a lot of  the PC trolls described their visits to Glasgow when they went to Old Firm Games.

This was not about profanities. W7 succinctly put across the view of the B+W army politically correct troll in a well planned operation that went under the Radar of the very well connected Union Bears intelligence service gaining  massive Kudos from those in the "game" and displaying a spectacular piece of oneupmanship  on the so called big boys of Scottish football.  

It was so successful the Scotsman got the scoop. They had no interest in the sh** that some folk have become obsessed with. They reported the story as a a failure in the Rangers intelligence network and a victory for the little guy. They knew it wasn't profanity for the sake of profanity. It was a measured response to on going intelligence and they recognised the real news story.

Well done W7. 

Think there may be repercussions at the SDA when they visit. Hope you guys are up to the challenge.

 

Edited by East Lothian Saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a guest at corporate entertainment.

The display made me smile.

Our banner was easier to read than their display.

I have thought about what I may have written on a banner,

"NICE DISPLAY...........SHAME ABOUT THE BIGOTRY."   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, WeeBud said:

Let's be clear, it happened and hit a young girl one row behind and two seats along from me and my daughter, it didn't miss my daughter by much!!

I know you're not but to suggest the reason that the bottle was thrown was a banner is almost laughable..... It was thrown as they were celebrating their first goal, more than twenty minutes after the banner was shown. If it was as a reaction to the banner it would have been thrown long before it was, what a bonkers suggestion!!

Exactly WeeBud, it’s not only nonsense, it’s actually a disgusting thing to suggest.

And thanks for confirming re the incident. I hadn’t seen any evidence and there were suggestions on other forums that the furore was to do with a medical incident. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HSS said:

The banner was a "Get it up ye" to the home fans.They had spent a lot of time and money for their own display,the content of which was meant to be secret.The content was leaked and the W7 boys took advantage of this......an open goal for some fun.

That picture is world wide now.A lot of people,myself included,like having a look at fan pictures,stadiums,tifos etc.There'll be people all over saying to their mates "Did you see the rangers pictures" while laughing into their pints.

The fans of the other 40 Scottish Clubs have enjoyed it,Twitter was full of it and the W7 boys were being held in high esteem.

Well done Lads.....you played a blinder.

PS.

The bottle would have been thrown....banner or not.

There was nothing offensive about the banner.The only people who could take umbrage to it are the Glesga Tourist Board.Hope GLS disnae hit the boys with a Cum oan,Get aff message.

 

 

Absolutely spot on HSS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Exactly WeeBud, it’s not only nonsense, it’s actually a disgusting thing to suggest.

And thanks for confirming re the incident. I hadn’t seen any evidence and there were suggestions on other forums that the furore was to do with a medical incident. 

No worries TPAFKA Jersey 2 (can you not get a smaller name??)

There was a second incident where a young lad was stretchered out of our end wearing an oxygen mask but that wasn't linked to "bottlegate", I'm not sure if the young lad maybe just took ill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

No worries TPAFKA Jersey 2 (can you not get a smaller name??)

There was a second incident where a young lad was stretchered out of our end wearing an oxygen mask but that wasn't linked to "bottlegate", I'm not sure if the young lad maybe just took ill.

Ha ha. Back in the days of the old Saints Online guestbook and the early days of this board I was just plain old Jersey 2. However I made complete arse of my access and no longer had the email address that I originally registered through, so I had to create a new registration. Hence the TPAFKA was added. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

No worries TPAFKA Jersey 2 (can you not get a smaller name??)

There was a second incident where a young lad was stretchered out of our end wearing an oxygen mask but that wasn't linked to "bottlegate", I'm not sure if the young lad maybe just took ill.

Got to take a bit of the blame for that. As the young boy was being carted out on the stretcher, I overheard a policeman telling guys down the front that a young girl had been struck with a bottle. I wrongly snapped a photo and posted it assuming it was the same incident.  (the wifi in ibrox is terrible so couldn't get back on to correct before loads of Rangers fans had jumped on it saying not true/thats a boy etc..) Should have zoomed in on the photo before posting, couldn't see from my angle who had been carried out.

It seems that the bottle was thrown (plastic) and struck the wee girl after their first goal. The incident was reported to the police and both clubs SLO's. The Rangers SLO has yet to mention this despite being asked, which I think is pretty poor. Heard that the girl got a fright but wasn't badly hurt. Hope it doesn't put her off going to games in the future.

 

Edited by Doakes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...