Sevco FC ( 2012 ) v St Mirren Premiership 12/8/18

shull

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

we need a real striker in beside big Nico. Oh for a Gavin Reilly!

Mullen put in a real hard-working shift from start to finish. Obviously it would be terrific if we had someone of greater quality, however even if we had the world's greatest striker in our line-up today I doubt if we would have scored. Strikers need regular, high-quality service from the midfield and I didn't see any of that today.

Could’ve been worse in the end. They didn’t need to get out of second gear and created much more than us, even with 10 men. We look shaky at the back and our defending at set pieces is a real worry. Special mention for Mullen. His work rate was phenomenal today. Hopefully we can cut out early mistakes and tighten up at set-pieces at Aberdeen and give them a game. If we play well up there there’s nothing to say that we couldn’t get something.

15 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Imo this level of opposition is exactly the one we need to nick points from, as well as dealing with other bottom six sides. If we cant knick a goal against 10 men for over 45 mins we are in shit street. That said has Brock-Madsen been any better?

It’s his first game calm doon. 

As other people have said though, our defending is a massive cause for concern. Baird and the two new CBs are not Premier league quality. 

I’m glad that’s out the way - wasn’t expecting anything and feared it could have been worse.

Didn’t see the game today but Rangers now look a more solid prospect in other games I have seen. Anything from ibrox is a bonus for us this season so we just move on.

Aberdeen game next week will be hard as well but think we have a wee chance of a shock there.

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

We have a genuine problem if wevcant score against ten men for more than 45 mins..! Forget defensive issues, an opportunity to take something ut of the game was missed because we failed to put the ball in the net. Goals win games, not just tackles!

You have half a point, although you are already becoming like a broken record.

In case you didn't notice, our midfield were very poor today, the standard was woeful and Ronaldo wouldn't have scored for us today. 

Mullen put in a real hard-working shift from start to finish. Obviously it would be terrific if we had someone of greater quality, however even if we had the world's greatest striker in our line-up today I doubt if we would have scored. Strikers need regular, high-quality service from the midfield and I didn't see any of that today.

Spot on , final ball today , when we had the opportunities , was awful .

9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

We have a genuine problem if wevcant score against ten men for more than 45 mins..! Forget defensive issues, an opportunity to take something ut of the game was missed because we failed to put the ball in the net. Goals win games, not just tackles!

Some perspective: Rangers transfer spend £10 million , StMirren £75 thousand. Onward and upward 

Nobody really expected anything today so it shouldn’t change our approach that we lost.

I wasn’t at the game so can’t comment but the views of those who were are consistent with what we’ve seen in previous games. We’re short of Premiership quality all over the pitch but the defence is my biggest worry as Stubbs has told our best (IMO) CB option he can leave while bringing in young guys with very little experience so not sure there’s anyone else coming in to fix that.

28 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Brock-Madsen never got much, if any, service.  McGinn's yellow card was not necessary.  He should, as captain, know better.  Coulson was a bit out of his depth today.  I think Flynn should start the Aberdeen game.

Anyway, overall, I think we did OK

I agree if we had a half decent defence  we could have got a point out of that today.Two goals they didn't have to work for .

Lots of excuses, but many failing to recognise we were only up against 10 men for an hour! So thats less players than us, but somehow the opposition still have the better possesion and attempts stats.... we were poor and need some quality in up front to score goals and get results.

we got there last week, how will we fare in Aberdeen, or when Livvy come calling?

2 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

You Know......

a simple "bad day at the office,team will gel,only the SECOND league game,36 to go before the split" should suffice this early in the season

we are NOT going to win every game

36 before the split? U sure? :blink:

37 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Lots of excuses, but many failing to recognise we were only up against 10 men for an hour! So thats less players than us, but somehow the opposition still have the better possesion and attempts stats.... we were poor and need some quality in up front to score goals and get results.

we got there last week, how will we fare in Aberdeen, or when Livvy come calling?

Battle of the duffers next week then. Aberdeen managed to go around 80 minutes at HOME against that mob down to ten men without scoring