Sevco FC ( 2012 ) v St Mirren Premiership 12/8/18

shull

2 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Stubbs has had the option of signing experienced players and ones who have played in Scottish premiership before, he seems to have a fixation on young guys from the lower leagues in England or youth academy signings.

Have I missed something by being on holiday?  Who did we have the option to sign?  Steve Clarke was saying the other day how difficult it is is to get these sort of players - I believe he called it "a difficult market"?

Edited by rabuddies
spelling

5 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

Have I missed something by being on holiday?  Who did we have the option to sign?  Steve Clarke was saying the other day how difficult it is is to get these sort of players - I believe he called it "a difficult market"?

Are you saying that after Jack Ross let 11 players go during the close season and Stubbs came in with most of the window and most of the budget to spend that signing some experienced pros from other premierships was impossible? Livi have gone down the route of signing out of contract decent Championship players who could well be ok in the bottom half of the premiership too.

Lots of excuses, but many failing to recognise we were only up against 10 men for an hour! So thats less players than us, but somehow the opposition still have the better possesion and attempts stats.... we were poor and need some quality in up front to score goals and get results.

we got there last week, how will we fare in Aberdeen, or when Livvy come calling?

Start with being solid at the back. Don’t give away cheap goals and you give yourself a platform to go on and take something from any match.

Like I said earlier, we are short of quality throughout the squad but if we continue with the current back four then I think things might be difficult.

Today not the barometer whether the opposition were down to 10 or not. They dominated the 2nd best team in the country last weekend and they had 10 for most of the match. How do you explain that?

16 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Are you saying that after Jack Ross let 11 players go during the close season and Stubbs came in with most of the window and most of the budget to spend that signing some experienced pros from other premierships was impossible? Livi have gone down the route of signing out of contract decent Championship players who could well be ok in the bottom half of the premiership too.

I'm just saying nobody else has managed to sign experienced premiership defenders, and many of these clubs have bigger budgets than us so why should we be any different.  If you know of any who were available then I apologise for doubting you.

How did that compare with some of last season's gubbings in the Championship under the management of Jack Ross?

Unlike the Livi, Morton and Dumfermline going overs, there was at least something there today to give us hope for the rest of the season, provided the right additions come in before the end of the transfer window.

Edited by northstbuddie

Tough to say it but The Govan Strangers have improved.  Early game plan gave them the ball.  An individual error (they happen) led to their opening goal. Second could have been better defended.  Mullen hit the crossbar just before the break.  Rangers were down to 10 men.  Each team had chances in the second half.  Couple other new boys are not yet fully fit.  Tough and very physical game.  Very much what the premiership is about. Dissapointed.. Yes. Disheartening even.. No. 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Tough to say it but The Govan Strangers have improved.  Early game plan gave them the ball.  An individual error (they happen) led to their opening goal. Second could have been better defended.  Mullen hit the crossbar just before the break.  Rangers were down to 10 men.  Each team had chances in the second half.  Couple other new boys are not yet fully fit.  Tough and very physical game.  Very much what the premiership is about. Dissapointed.. Yes. Disheartening even.. No. 

But so have we IMO.

We are now moving the ball about better and controlling more (but not enough) of the midfield.

With the right signings, we will not be far off challenging for the top six.

1 hour ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Few on here have any idea what AS has done re trying to sign experience for the team.  We have no idea how many players agents have knocked us back.  Also, it is likely that most top clubs and a few championship clubs can and have offered more in wages than we are willing to do.  That ensures we remain solvent and live within our means.  AS may have had a chance to bring in old pros but have you considered that he may have thought they weren't good enough for what this medium to long term plan is?  Finally, citing Livvie is interesting as they appear to have spent a few bob to bring in players like Sibbald and hire Miller as player manager for example.  With a very small core support, I wonder how they can afford to do this bearing in mind they have been in administration in the past.  If you look around the clubs in our league then very few have splashed cash.  

Edited by nedflanders123

Made 2 big mistakes and got punished for them. Wha Baird was doing for the 1st feck knows. And were was Kpakawa standing for the 2nd. He was facing our goal instead marking the sevco scorer. We've got to learn we can't defend like that in this league and get away with it. But thought Willock was excellent and Paul McGinn had a good game and Coulson had a good 2nd half. But we had no cutting edge upfront. Ca t blame the Danish lad it was his 1st game. On to Aberdeen meet week. Coys.

8 minutes ago, lovestlegend said:

That banner was an embarrassment. Stick to positive messages about our club.

Wasn’t it just a dig at the Union Bears organising a march to the stadium (from a pub about 400 yards away from the stadium), who put out literature saying ‘our club - our city’. 

Anyway, a routine two-goal  loss to an ugly. No shame in it, but annoying that as a club, we cannot beat them with 11, 10, or 9 men.

Hurrumph... I didn’t get a hurrumph outta’ that guy.

3 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

I'm just saying nobody else has managed to sign experienced premiership defenders, and many of these clubs have bigger budgets than us so why should we be any different.  If you know of any who were available then I apologise for doubting you.

4 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Few on here have any idea what AS has done re trying to sign experience for the team.  We have no idea how many players our agents have knocked us back.  Also, it is likely that most top clubs and a few championship clubs can and have offered more in wages than we are willing to do.  That ensures we remain solvent and live within our means.  AS may have had a chance to bring in old pros but have you considered that he may have thought they weren't good enough for what this medium to long term plan is?  Finally, citing Livvie is interesting as they appear to have spent a few bob to bring in players like Sibbald and hire Miller as player manager for example.  With a very small core support, I wonder how they can afford to do this bearing in mind they have been in administration in the past.  If you look around the clubs in our league then very few have splashed cash.  

We're supposed to be waiting on more loan and academy signings from England, I'd say there is a pretty clear pattern with Stubbs' signings. So far Willock looks OK, Coulson is decent going forward and I thought Brock-Madsen looked OK, the initial signings look ropey: Heaton, Kpekawa, Cooke, King as well as JR's signing of Kellerman. Paul McGinn looked decent - a player we picked up who was out of contract after playing for 2 premier league clubs.

1 hour ago, lovestlegend said:

Absolutely agree.  I normally love the involvement of our younger fans in providing colour,  noise and excitemënt and (like others)  have contributed financially to support them but this was Embarrassing with a Capital E as we surrendered the high ground to the oppositions fans.  Not the way to support the team IMO. 

50 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

We're supposed to be waiting on more loan and academy signings from England, I'd say there is a pretty clear pattern with Stubbs' signings. So far Willock looks OK, Coulson is decent going forward and I thought Brock-Madsen looked OK, the initial signings look ropey: Heaton, Kpekawa, Cooke, King as well as JR's signing of Kellerman. Paul McGinn looked decent - a player we picked up who was out of contract after playing for 2 premier league clubs.

Have you seen much of Heaton, Cooke or King ? Kpekawa was decent today as was Willock and Coulson. The big Dane was isolated at times but did ok considering. A bit of patience is required from Saints fans . We're still 3 or 4 players short but played some decent stuff today. 

1 minute ago, munoz said:

Have you seen much of Heaton, Cooke or King ? Kpekawa was decent today as was Willock and Coulson. The big Dane was isolated at times but did ok considering. A bit of patience is required from Saints fans . We're still 3 or 4 players short but played some decent stuff today. 

We started playing some decent stuff after we were 2-0 down and they were reduced to 10 men and registered 1 shot on target in 90 minutes. Rangers were quite happy to let us knock the ball around without threatening to get an equaliser. 

5 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

We started playing some decent stuff after we were 2-0 down and they were reduced to 10 men and registered 1 shot on target in 90 minutes. Rangers were quite happy to let us knock the ball around without threatening to get an equaliser. 

And that's the reason why Stubbs and the Chairman have stated that we still have players to come in . A 2-0 defeat at Ibrox with nearly half a team to come in is not really a disaster in my book.

1 minute ago, munoz said:

And that's the reason why Stubbs and the Chairman have stated that we still have players to come in . A 2-0 defeat at Ibrox with nearly half a team to come in is not really a disaster in my book.

Nearly half a team to come in, lol. Will those include the marquee signings from a month ago?

18 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Absolutely agree.  I normally love the involvement of our younger fans in providing colour,  noise and excitemënt and (like others)  have contributed financially to support them but this was Embarrassing with a Capital E as we surrendered the high ground to the oppositions fans.  Not the way to support the team IMO. 

"surrendering the high ground"?

What high ground? It's just a game FFS.

The banner was a bit of fun.

Frankly I thought it was quite funny.

I thought it was a proactive and tongue and cheek response to their massive prematch display. It may not have been subtle, but I think it was successful in reminding them that their club is not ‘Rangers’, no matter what songs they sing or stars they have around that same old badge. I can see how you and some fans might object to the negative aspect, but I thought it was quite funny in the context of this afternoon. Each to their own I suppose.

Just now, Balmullo Bud said:

I thought it was a proactive and tongue and cheek response to their massive prematch display. It may not have been subtle, but I think it was successful in reminding them that their club is not ‘Rangers’, no matter what songs they sing or stars they have around that same old badge. I can see how you and some fans might object to the negative aspect, but I thought it was quite funny in the context of this afternoon. Each to their own I suppose.

It pricked the bubble of their pomposity.

It was a brilliant response.

Ffs take him of free kicks completely then hitting the bar getting us a goal shocking!!
He has had 10-20 free kicks one hit the bar the rest have been pretty terrible imo.

Either more practice for him or give someone else a go at the free kicks.