Sevco FC ( 2012 ) v St Mirren Premiership 12/8/18

shull

6 minutes ago, munoz said:

Have you seen much of Heaton, Cooke or King ? Kpekawa was decent today as was Willock and Coulson. The big Dane was isolated at times but did ok considering. A bit of patience is required from Saints fans . We're still 3 or 4 players short but played some decent stuff today. 

In case you didn't notice we played against 10 men today for an hour. You'd never have known. 

Not that games against the bigot brothers will determine where we finish this season. Another game next week we are not expected to win followed by a must win game against Livi.

Hopefully by then the squad will be bigger and better. My worry is Stubbs was a pretty good centre half, so you'd think he'd know a good one when he see's it (especially if you are willing to pay £75,000 for one) So far none have been convincing and Jack today gives them a goal. I hope I'm wrong and he's seen something in them many of us haven't.

PS Cooke and King look no where near good enough as well.

Guest TPAFKATS
Absolutely agree.  I normally love the involvement of our younger fans in providing colour,  noise and excitemënt and (like others)  have contributed financially to support them but this was Embarrassing with a Capital E as we surrendered the high ground to the oppositions fans.  Not the way to support the team IMO. 
The banner was brilliant. Highlight of the game from our point of view unfortunately.

Rangers fan group put a lot of time and effort into a display covering the stadium and their message was blown oot the water by a wee banner in the corner [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

He has had 10-20 free kicks one hit the bar the rest have been pretty terrible imo.

Either more practice for him or give someone else a go at the free kicks.

Coulson took the 1st free kick today

You been counting his free kicks.

Very much doubt he’s had 20 free kicks last season.

Hes hardly going to live up to mallan who is probably the best free kick taker in Scotland at the moment.

Stop being a c**t and let a youngster develop he’s only 19

9 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

In case you didn't notice we played against 10 men today for an hour. You'd never have known. 

Not that games against the bigot brothers will determine where we finish this season. Another game next week we are not expected to win followed by a must win game against Livi.

Hopefully by then the squad will be bigger and better. My worry is Stubbs was a pretty good centre half, so you'd think he'd know a good one when he see's it (especially if you are willing to pay £75,000 for one) So far none have been convincing and Jack today gives them a goal. I hope I'm wrong and he's seen something in them many of us haven't.

I love the forum.............................3rd league game is a "must win"........................:hammer

10 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

In case you hadn't noticed , Rangers debutant Barisic cost £2M . Time for a reality check I think.

11 minutes ago, norman said:

You can tell a lot of these posts had to be put on ice last week, so I suppose it's good folk now have an excuse to get it out of the draft box, but it's worth remembering we were playing Rangers at Ibrox before you go too overboard lads.

We were playing TEN men for an hour and barely troubled their goal. Thats the worry. How will we fare against eleven men for the full ninety at Pittodrie?

Livingston at home in a couple of weeks is a far bigger game than today ever was. 

We got beat, we weren’t expecting anything, we move on. 

We’ve a great chance to be sitting with 6 points after 3 games, that would be a magnificent start to our return to the top flight. 

Let’s stay positive. 

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

We were playing TEN men for an hour and barely troubled their goal. Thats the worry. How will we fare against eleven men for the full ninety at Pittodrie?

We were playing Rangers at Ibrox. Alan McGregor probably gets paid more than our entire starting XI today put together. We weren't playing Hamilton here.

As for the Aberdeen game, well, I hate to break it to you, but we are very unlikely to beat Aberdeen at Pittodrie either,  because even for an established Premiership team that's an extremely difficult game against the second best team in the country last season, let alone a newly promoted team who are aiming to avoid relegation first and foremost this season. If you are judging our season on how we do at Ibrox, Parkhead or Pittodrie then you are going to be deeply disappointed.

2 hours ago, nedflanders123 said:

Few on here have any idea what AS has done re trying to sign experience for the team.  We have no idea how many players agents have knocked us back.  Also, it is likely that most top clubs and a few championship clubs can and have offered more in wages than we are willing to do.  That ensures we remain solvent and live within our means.  AS may have had a chance to bring in old pros but have you considered that he may have thought they weren't good enough for what this medium to long term plan is?  Finally, citing Livvie is interesting as they appear to have spent a few bob to bring in players like Sibbald and hire Miller as player manager for example.  With a very small core support, I wonder how they can afford to do this bearing in mind they have been in administration in the past.  If you look around the clubs in our league then very few have splashed cash.  

You know what. You are dead right, We should only judge Stubbs by his actions. He  can't help it if he targets players who suddenly find they can earn x amount more with other clubs. He can't help but see that his targets will prefer to take other offers, What you should judge a manager on is who he brings to the club within the limits of our budget. I question this ethos when our manager spends £75,000  on a player who spends his time getting splinters while our defence is dreadful. How bad can this lad be?

Edited by stlucifer

2 hours ago, lovestlegend said:

That banner was an embarrassment. Stick to positive messages about our club.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Absolutely agree.  I normally love the involvement of our younger fans in providing colour,  noise and excitemënt and (like others)  have contributed financially to support them but this was Embarrassing with a Capital E as we surrendered the high ground to the oppositions fans.  Not the way to support the team IMO. 

Could not disagree with you both more.

Don’t know Lovestlegend’s posting history on here (no offence), but Ricky I’m surprised at you. Thought you had a better sense of humour than that.

I thought the banner was funny when I first saw it without realising the significance behind it. After reading that article it just makes it even better. Absolute top class effort to those concerned.

Coulson took the 1st free kick today

You been counting his free kicks.

Very much doubt he’s had 20 free kicks last season.

Hes hardly going to live up to mallan who is probably the best free kick taker in Scotland at the moment.

Stop being a c**t and let a youngster develop he’s only 19
Quite willing to let Magennis develop but having an opinion that his free kicks are terrible affects his development how???

Stop being a c**t you tried to prove your point by showing a video where he DIDN'T score.

Quite willing to let Magennis develop but having an opinion that his free kicks are terrible affects his development how???

Stop being a c**t you tried to prove your point by showing a video where he DIDN'T score.

You for real giving his zero credit for that attempt?

He also set up a goal in the game away to Dunfermline for jack Baird which was a big game for us and came close with a free kick in that game.

At least ronaldo would never hit a free kick like that or worse.

1 hour ago, Balmullo Bud said:

I thought it was a proactive and tongue and cheek response to their massive prematch display. It may not have been subtle, but I think it was successful in reminding them that their club is not ‘Rangers’, no matter what songs they sing or stars they have around that same old badge. I can see how you and some fans might object to the negative aspect, but I thought it was quite funny in the context of this afternoon. Each to their own I suppose.

Balmullo. 

I have no objection to the jibe about the "dead club" but see no need to ridicule Glasgow or use bad language.

I get it that others feel differently. 

Already suggested that we have a "one town -.one team dispkay" when either of Glasgow's big two come to Tow

In fairness that was all I was trying to say, but Buddies1877 cannae help bein a bit of a prick.

You two are the ones being pricks moaning about a very talented 19 year old taking a bad free kick.

I’ve seen ronaldo take plenty of free kicks worse than that today Kyle will only get better at them.

Right. Can somebody f**kin tell Kyle Magennis he cannae do the Ronaldo free kicks FFS!! A complete waste every time he tries it.

That looks like all you were trying to say is he needs to practice more or give someone else ago which someone else already did have a go in that game.

4 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

You for real giving his zero credit for that attempt?

He also set up a goal in the game away to Dunfermline for jack Baird which was a big game for us and came close with a free kick in that game.

At least ronaldo would never hit a free kick like that or worse.

Are you now trying to justify your stance by "proving" that Ronaldo once took a bad free kick? Hilarious!:D  I've got news for your Ronaldo took a few bad free kicks.

Also not sure what Kyle Magennis's excellent free kick to set up Jack Baird has got to do with anything? Lost me there as Ive never said KM should stop taking free kicks, just that he should stop thinking he's Ronaldo. Coz he.....erm........seriously insnae

Feel free to admit you've got all over sensitive and been a bit of a cock  whenever you like.

5 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

You two are the ones being pricks moaning about a very talented 19 year old taking a bad free kick.

I’ve seen ronaldo take plenty of free kicks worse than that today Kyle will only get better at them.

You also complained someone else should hit a free kick when someone else had already taken the 1st free kick in that game in coulson.

Erm no I certainly didn't. Show me where I said that.

2 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Sadly I can remember not being able to beat them when they had 9 men :(  

Just now, renfrew said:

Sadly I can remember not being able to beat them when they had 9 men :(  

Don't Renfrew. Seriously just don't.

I remember saying to myself (probably about 20 odd yeas ago) that I would never let another St.Mirren result/performance ruin my day/weekend/night out/mood whatever That day was probably the only time I've let myself down on that front. No as bad as Jimmy H though He was a right big f**kn baby that day. :D

Are you now trying to justify your stance by "proving" that Ronaldo once took a bad free kick? Hilarious![emoji3]  I've got news for your Ronaldo took a few bad free kicks.
Also not sure what Kyle Magennis's excellent free kick to set up Jack Baird has got to do with anything? Lost me there as Ive never said KM should stop taking free kicks, just that he should stop thinking he's Ronaldo. Coz he.....erm........seriously insnae
Feel free to admit you've got all over sensitive and been a bit of a cock  whenever you like.

No it’s showing even one of the best players ever take shit free kicks.

Could show plenty of videos of ronaldo or others taking loads of shit free kicks.

Their you go again trying to get people to admit they are wrong to massage your ego proving your an arrogant bell end.

You said he can’t do it even if it was hitting the bar then off the keeper before it goes in still clearly shows he can do it and with time will only get better at it.

2 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Have to agree about Cooke and King. The way they sat on the bench today was very unconvincing.

13 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

That looks like all you were trying to say is he needs to practice more or give someone else ago which someone else already did have a go in that game.

No, that looks like you just completely f**kin made that up! What it looks like to me is exactly what it says. That KM needs to stop thinking he's Ronaldo because in terms of that particular skill he's f**kin shite at it.

But feel free to keep listening to the voices in your head.

6 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Have to agree about Cooke and King. The way they sat on the bench today was very unconvincing.

Yes! Glad you spotted that. Crossed one knee over the other leg......not at the ankle as might be expected when visiting "royalty " Etiquette lessons for them straight away are a priority. 

12 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

No it’s showing even one of the best players ever take shit free kicks.

Could show plenty of videos of ronaldo or others taking loads of shit free kicks.

Their you go again trying to get people to admit they are wrong to massage your ego proving your an arrogant bell end.

You said he can’t do it even if it was hitting the bar then off the keeper before it goes in still clearly shows he can do it and with time will only get better at it.

FFS I'm going to try this one last time.

Ive never said tha KM should stop taking free kicks. 

I'm saying that he should stop persisting with a technique that has "worked" (and I say that very loosely as he has never scored) twice despite countless efforts to repeat in where he has completely wasted excellent attacking opportunities.

No one knows better than me what an asset KM is to St. Mirren, but if you could get your head out of his hole for five minutes, you would realise that what I'm trying to say is correct.