Sevco FC ( 2012 ) v St Mirren Premiership 12/8/18

shull

No one knows better than me what an asset KM is to St. Mirren, but if you could get your head out of his hole for five minutes, you would realise that what I'm trying to say is correct.

That’s his f**king technique he chooses to use and must feel he’s best at. He should keep persisting because he can only get better.

That statement right there exactly proves what an arrogant cock you are no one knows better than than you [emoji23][emoji23]

Think there is only 1 person that needs to get his head out his own arse hole.

Guest TPAFKATS

At 2 down after roughly half an hour thought we might get a tanking. It may well have been if it hadn't been for the sending off.
Disappointed by how little we troubled them in second half.
On a positive note Mullens effort was good.
Our season won't be defined by a 2 goal defeat at ibrox though.

Here's hoping for some more quality and options being added this week.

3 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

That’s his f**king technique he chooses to use and must feel he’s best at. He should keep persisting because he can only get better.

That statement right there exactly proves what an arrogant cock you are no one knows better than than you emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Think there is only 1 person that needs to get his head out his own arse hole.

I did say that was my last effort, so I shall desist now.

Let's just agree that you think I'm a cock, I think you're a cock and that we'd probably best avoid boring other forum users by commenting on each other's posts.

Was stunned at LPM's slating of Mullen earlier.

For me he was one of the few bright lights today. Thought he ran his heart out and it wasn''t all just huff and puff. I saw enough today to make me think he will give worse defences than Rangers a torrid time this season. Also saw someone suggesting Coulson was out of his depth. Again I think he's been the only player this season who has looked consistently good including today.

People saying it's scandalous we didn't score against 10 men. What utter nonsense. Rangers are streets ahead of us in every department and there is absolutely no shame in that. All the sending off did today, was stopped us getting an awful tanking and I for one am grateful for that. It mean we can move on to the next game without a massive confidence blow.

Balmullo. 
I have no objection to the jibe about the "dead club" but see no need to ridicule Glasgow or use bad language.
I get it that others feel differently. 
Already suggested that we have a "one town -.one team dispkay" when either of Glasgow's big two come to Tow

The banner has received a bit of media attention and has been described as cheeky and a bit of fun. The only people that have ‘bitten’ are the Rangers ultras group that set up the big display. It’s received a lot more positive press than negative.
As far as the Glasgow jibe, I moved from Paisley in 1990 and have received more than my fair share of banter and jibes about the town’s negative image. If anything I enjoy it, because I know it’s a joke to wind me up, but at the same time I’m very proud to come from Paisley and the perpetrators pick up on this.
I respect your opinion on this Ricky, but I still see it as a bit of fun, even with the language. If they’d written “Its Queens Parks’ city”, it wouldn’t have wound them up as much. It’s also unsurprisingly went down a storm with the Celtic fans, who play in the city too, not that I’m normally bothered what that mob think.

7 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

For me he was one of the few bright lights today. Thought he ran his heart out and it wasn''t all just huff and puff. I saw enough today to make me think he will give worse defences than Rangers a torrid time this season. Also saw someone suggesting Coulson was out of his depth. Again I think he's been the only player this season who has looked consistently good including today.

People saying it's scandalous we didn't score against 10 men. What utter nonsense. Rangers are streets ahead of us in every department and there is absolutely no shame in that. All the sending off did today, was stopped us getting an awful tanking and I for one am grateful for that. It mean we can move on to the next game without a massive confidence blow.

The point being T is we played against 10 men for an hour and didn't score, and didn't look like doing it in the second half., even if it was a valiant effort and has already been said if it hadn't been for their sending off I fear it would have been a lot worse.

Absolutely agree on Mullen & Coulson, I thought big Willock did well too, that was obviously a tough game yesterday (big challenge) where we should not drop our heads, we move on with our heads held high.

I thought the behaviour and seeth of their fans yesterday was disgraceful, the anger and threats, a stick thrown from the govan stand, a young guy taken out by paramedics after allegedly being hit by a bottle only for their fans to sympathetically clap him off.

Not our problem but I said to my daughter during the match, imagine being a Celtic fan in amongst all of that!!

As I stated glad it’s over, glad we’re out of there, let’s hold our heads up high and once we’re more settled hopefully we’ll take 2 or 3 points off them when we take them on at our place next time!!

10 hours ago, norman said:

We were playing Rangers at Ibrox. Alan McGregor probably gets paid more than our entire starting XI today put together. We weren't playing Hamilton here.

As for the Aberdeen game, well, I hate to break it to you, but we are very unlikely to beat Aberdeen at Pittodrie either,  because even for an established Premiership team that's an extremely difficult game against the second best team in the country last season, let alone a newly promoted team who are aiming to avoid relegation first and foremost this season. If you are judging our season on how we do at Ibrox, Parkhead or Pittodrie then you are going to be deeply disappointed.

Does it matter what team you are playing if they are down to TEN men for an hour and you can only muster one shot on target? Ffs forget their hype, and st mirren fans inclination to write off games we havent even played, it was TEN men!

just before the Dundee game Stubbzo was in the media saying "we are out to beat Dundee and Rangers"... yesterday after the game he was quoted saying "games against Rangers wont define our season"... talk about changing your tune!

8 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Stunned..? Really? C'mon eveyone knows, and I am quoted on here acknowledging his work rate, however he is not a prolific goal scorer, he's a winger. The way he is being played/how he's playing is trying to play two positions of winger & striker and falling down the gap between.

to get only on shot, on target, against TEN men for an hour is scandalous! Correct me if I am wrong, aren't we a professional, full time football club in the same league as our opponents? If so, is it calling for too much to state we should be throwing the kitchen sink at TEN men when we are two down? We were losing the game and could offer nothing to even look like we could make OUR advantage count.

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Does it matter what team you are playing if they are down to TEN men for an hour and you can only muster one shot on target? Ffs forget their hype, and st mirren fans inclination to write off games we havent even played, it was TEN men!

just before the Dundee game Stubbzo was in the media saying "we are out to beat Dundee and Rangers"... yesterday after the game he was quoted saying "games against Rangers wont define our season"... talk about changing your tune!

Never mind Stubbsy saying it doesnt define our Season.

It certainly defined my day yesterday.

So disappointed and miserable after losing to them.

Although, seeing that banner this morning fairly cheered me up.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3058477/rangers-fans-st-mirren-ibrox-display/  :clapping

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

i think it says something about the way your mind works when you seem unable to accept that we were out to beat Dundee and Rangers while also believing that games against Rangers won't define our season.

Edited by smcc

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yes, of course it matters what team you are playing.

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Seriously? You are upset because Glasgow was ridiculed? :lol:

Oakey.  Upset no ....ambivalent about that but no need to use profanity......looking forward to us doing "one town - one team" display when they come to Paisley.

Edited by St.Ricky

From the Scotsman ...

Prior to Rangers’ match with St Mirren in the Ladbrokes Premiership, the home support heralded the first league encounter of the season with a stunning tifo display.

Stretching around Ibrox, the crowd held up cards which spelled out “our club” and “our city” in the stands behind each goal.

However, it would seem plans for the display were leaked beforehand, as the travelling contingent of St Mirren fans answered back with a banner of their own.

It read: “Your club is dead, your city is s***e.”

We seem to forget that the Sevco guy got sent off for scything down our CF whilst he was straight thru on goal, really BIG of Gerrard to say it was a red card...... it was a stone waller  . Would we have scored from it ?

This Sevco team has been assembled at great expense ( around 10m) and to add to some classy loan signings...... we leave with our heads held high, we troubled them, we were 0-0 for 70 mins and at times had them rattled......   

3 points after 2 games, for me its where we should be, another chance to shine v Dons and then the bread and butter against a very stuffy Livi  .....

18 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

We seem to forget that the Sevco guy got sent off for scything down our CF whilst he was straight thru on goal, really BIG of Gerrard to say it was a red card...... it was a stone waller  . Would we have scored from it ?

This Sevco team has been assembled at great expense ( around 10m) and to add to some classy loan signings...... we leave with our heads held high, we troubled them, we were 0-0 for 70 mins and at times had them rattled......   

3 points after 2 games, for me its where we should be, another chance to shine v Dons and then the bread and butter against a very stuffy Livi  .....

100 per cent in agreement. 

Our new number 9 looked useful as did Willock at this level but understandably still not fully match fit but getting there. The team worked their socks off. 

Certainly not depressed by the result in any way.  One win in two league games could become two wins in three,  a ratio I would bite someone's hand off for. 

8 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

100 per cent in agreement. 

Our new number 9 looked useful as did Willock at this level but understandably still not fully match fit but getting there. The team worked their socks off. 

Certainly not depressed by the result in any way.  One win in two league games could become two wins in three,  a ratio I would bite someone's hand off for. 

But then Ricky, nothing is guaranteed is the League... Livi are not a bad side, could have beaten Killie, we cant take anything for granted. Its simple really get 13 points per 11 games we will be sitting pretty and might even squeeze into top 6 

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

But then Ricky, nothing is guaranteed is the League... Livi are not a bad side, could have beaten Killie, we cant take anything for granted. Its simple really get 13 points per 11 games we will be sitting pretty and might even squeeze into top 6 

DJ. I am on the same page.  42 points looks like the safety level.  Anything above that,  such as 44 points, gives a sniff of top 6.

1 hour ago, smcc said:

i think it says something about the way your mind works when you seem unable to accept that we were out to beat Dundee and Rangers while also believing that games against Rangers won't define our season.

1 hour ago, norman said:

Yes, of course it matters what team you are playing.

Well i obviously dont share you gents viewpoint that St Mirren cant go and try to get something out of a game for an HOUR against TEN men. If we cant match ten men, how many have the opposition to shed before we can give them a game?

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Oakey.  Upset no ....ambivalent about that but no need to use profanity......looking forward to us doing "one town - one team" display when they come to Paisley.

Unfortunately, due to sectarian Scotland, Paisley and lots more Towns in Scotland have 3 teams. 

Our Town in particular , I would guess the majority of fans don't support St Mirren. 

ONE TOWN - THREE TEAMS 

Very sad, but true. 

5 minutes ago, shull said:

Unfortunately, due to sectarian Scotland, Paisley and lots more Towns in Scotland have 3 teams. 

Our Town in particular , I would guess the majority of fans don't support St Mirren. 

ONE TOWN - THREE TEAMS 

Very sad, but true. 

Totally true, the amount of Hoops on Sat lunchtime was unbelievable in Town Centre , wish they would relocate