Sevco FC ( 2012 ) v St Mirren Premiership 12/8/18

shull

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Just an old codger who avoids their use. 

Perhaps you could respect the fact that plenty of others see nothing wrong in using those words.

Stop trying to control what people say. It's rude.

Edited by oaksoft

Well i obviously dont share you gents viewpoint that St Mirren cant go and try to get something out of a game for an HOUR against TEN men. If we cant match ten men, how many have the opposition to shed before we can give them a game?

Aberdeen couldn’t beat them when they had 10 men for 78 mins. In fact, the 2nd best team in Scotland for the last 4 years only mustered 1 shot on target during that time.

They were pish with all their resources so why the rush to condemn us?

3 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Can't believe some so called fans on here are more interested in a banner than the horrific mistakes that cost us the game. I would be more worried about our central defence than a stupid banner. Get a life ffs lol .

Only one mistake imo,  and that was for the 1st goal. Their 2nd I wouldn't call a mistake,  just out jumped. 

1 minute ago, munoz said:

Only one mistake imo,  and that was for the 1st goal. Their 2nd I wouldn't call a mistake,  just out jumped. 

I think if you look at where one of our centre-half's is standing when they score it's fair to say it was a mistake!!

Yep... back to the game.  First was an individual mistake.  Impossible to eliminate these from anyone's game.  The second was from a great cross p,  delivered at pace where the attacker outjumped our defence and bulleted into the net.  Had it been for us, I would have been saying. Great goal straight from the training pitch. 

It's not a mistake for Kpakawa facing the wrong way when sevco scorer is heading it towards goal. Watch it again mate and watch which number 24 our central defender is facing. He was the wrong side of the scorer. A school boy mistake. In fact that's a insult to school boys.

1 minute ago, WeeBud said:

I think if you look at where one of our centre-half's is standing when they score it's fair to say it was a mistake!!

Hard to tell who's meant to be picking up who. Willock is the one who eventually got closest.  You could go back to the silly free-kick that was given away and possibly call that a mistake. 

Hard to tell who's meant to be picking up who. Willock is the one who eventually got closest.  You could go back to the silly free-kick that was given away and possibly call that a mistake. 

That indeed Was The mistake in my view. Any team loves free kicks from those positions. 

Just now, munoz said:

A centre half should never be standing on his own forward of his defensive line …. whether he was meant to be picking up the scorer or not we'll never know but he wasn't picking up anyone!!

5 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

A centre half should never be standing on his own forward of his defensive line …. whether he was meant to be picking up the scorer or not we'll never know but he wasn't picking up anyone!!

I'm sure the manager and team will look at this in some detail. 

Willock is no 22 not 24. And he's not a defender. Defenders Mark other central defenders.

They mark who they are told to mark doesn’t have to be defenders but does look like Cole lost his man.

I’m not too concerned about the defence more concerned about abit of pace on the wings.

Spl teams We’ve played killie away rangers away and Dundee at home only conceded 3 goals we conceded 9 in 2 games with last seasons squad where partick were also down to 10 men for about 40 mins.

They mark who they are told to mark doesn’t have to be defenders but does look like Cole lost his man.

I’m not too concerned about the defence more concerned about abit of pace on the wings.

Spl teams We’ve played killie away rangers away and Dundee at home only conceded 3 goals we conceded 9 in 2 games with last seasons squad where partick were also down to 10 men for about 40 mins.
He's not marking anybody and he's facing his own goal and that's alright. I'm I getting you right??

Just seen the highlights.

Baird , guilty as charged for the first.

Not overly disappointed with the second goal, good ball, good header.

Whilst I didn’t think we’d win, I’m pleased we competed over the 90 minutes.

Plenty of other teams will go to Ibrox and lose by more.

I think it’s best not to over analyse this game, lets get our 3 new signings this week ( should of heard about this Friday, but think it’ll be obvious soon why we didn’t ) , and move on.

This will be a good season, I’ve no doubt.

He's not marking anybody and he's facing his own goal and that's alright. I'm I getting you right??

Did I say it was ok I said he lost his man.

Is he the first defender ever to do that?

We’ve conceded 2 individual errors and a great strike from outside the box in 3 games v spl opposition hardly all doom and gloom as some like to make out.

I think Mackenzie will force his way back in when fit.

Heaton hopefully turns out to be decent player after he’s settled in but hasn’t deserved to start as jack and Cole we’re the better performers in pre season/league cup games he may get a chance up at Aberdeen on Saturday after both defenders made errors.

9 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Him and Baird are making to many mistakes and in this league most times you will be punished especially at ibrox and parkhead. Look at the pen against Dundee last week . Defensive mistakes have to be sorted or we will be in trouble.

They both play well right up to them making a mistake. Jack is as guilty as Cole. It's going to be costly unless they sort it out.

They both play well right up to them making a mistake. Jack is as guilty as Cole. It's going to be costly unless they sort it out.

Absolutely. Saints fans love Bairdy. But he can't keep making mistakes like the one on Sunday and expect to stay in the team. And just watched the 2nd goal again on the news. There must have been a blade of grass near the penalty spot that Kpakawa was marking. Shocking.