Sevco FC ( 2012 ) v St Mirren Premiership 12/8/18

shull

First goal a pretty blatant mistake

Second goal the positioning was all wrong, shouldn't be getting a free header, especially when the ball is delivered from that distance and angle. Cole is a big guy but nowhere near as dominant in the air as Gary Mac...

7 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Well i obviously dont share you gents viewpoint that St Mirren cant go and try to get something out of a game for an HOUR against TEN men. If we cant match ten men, how many have the opposition to shed before we can give them a game?

I think you will find that Alan Stubbs said that we were out to beat Dundee and Rangers. In fact you posted these very words in the post to which I replied. My point was that it is possible to set out to beat Rangers and also believe that results against Rangers won't define our season. I certainly did not suggest that we can't go and try to get something out of a game against ten men.

It appears that your grasp of the English language is pretty tenuous.

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:

Him and Baird are making to many mistakes and in this league most times you will be punished especially at ibrox and parkhead. Look at the pen against Dundee last week . Defensive mistakes have to be sorted or we will be in trouble.

Do you have any other records?  If so please play one B)

1 hour ago, magnus said:

They both play well right up to them making a mistake. Jack is as guilty as Cole. It's going to be costly unless they sort it out.

Only way to get it sorted is to get Cole, and the rest of the dross signed, on the next train back to England! How anyone could think these guys are going to compete in the Premiership is beyond me.

Only way to get it sorted is to get Cole, and the rest of the dross signed, on the next train back to England! How anyone could think these guys are going to compete in the Premiership is beyond me.

That dross has done better than our championship winning team against spl opposition so far.

Still in league cup

1 win and a expected loss away at ibrox in the league.

Not to mention we haven’t even finished with adding to the squad yet.

I really do despise some our support at times

Well, given that Heaton got a 3 year deal and Cooke, King and Kpekwa got 2 years I suggest you might have to suck this one up and get behind the guys.

BTW (and I’m not suggesting they will be successful) I believe that various SPL clubs have brought players in from the lower tiers of English football in recent seasons and it’s worked out for them. Maybe that’s why?

9 hours ago, DougJamie said:

We seem to forget that the Sevco guy got sent off for scything down our CF whilst he was straight thru on goal, really BIG of Gerrard to say it was a red card...... it was a stone waller  . Would we have scored from it ?

This Sevco team has been assembled at great expense ( around 10m) and to add to some classy loan signings...... we leave with our heads held high, we troubled them, we were 0-0 for 70 mins and at times had them rattled......   

3 points after 2 games, for me its where we should be, another chance to shine v Dons and then the bread and butter against a very stuffy Livi  .....

Before Rangers scored, the possession was almost as one-sided as it is possible to be in a game of football; 73% to 27% and they'd already hit the side netting once or twice. Are you really saying that apart from the 10 minutes where they scored the only 2 goals in the game it was an even contest for the other 80 minutes? I watched the 90 minutes and didn't think they looked rattled once. Rattled is when they start kicking the ball anywhere because they are under siege and when they start arguing among themselves. We looked rattled anytime Rangers got near our box - Rangers looked the likelier team to score even after being reduced to 10 men, and even towards the end of the game having played midweek in Europe and played most of the previous league game with 10 men and played 60 minutes against us with 10 men. The game was over as a contest after 24 minutes, maybe even after 14 minutes, Rangers were quite happy to allow our 11 men to have more possession because they were 2-0 up and we never looked like scoring. McGregor made 1 "save" in the whole game, catching a weak header that might not even have been on target.

7 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Well, given that Heaton got a 3 year deal and Cooke, King and Kpekwa got 2 years I suggest you might have to suck this one up and get behind the guys.

BTW (and I’m not suggesting they will be successful) I believe that various SPL clubs have brought players in from the lower tiers of English football in recent seasons and it’s worked out for them. Maybe that’s why?

I think a couple of those guys will be out on loan or released before this transfer window is closed. Im pleased at least Stubbs isnt blindly sticking by them.

4 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Before Rangers scored, the possession was almost as one-sided as it is possible to be in a game of football; 73% to 27% and they'd already hit the side netting once or twice. Are you really saying that apart from the 10 minutes where they scored the only 2 goals in the game it was an even contest for the other 80 minutes? I watched the 90 minutes and didn't think they looked rattled once. Rattled is when they start kicking the ball anywhere because they are under siege and when they start arguing among themselves. We looked rattled anytime Rangers got near our box - Rangers looked the likelier team to score even after being reduced to 10 men, and even towards the end of the game having played midweek in Europe and played most of the previous league game with 10 men and played 60 minutes against us with 10 men. The game was over as a contest after 24 minutes, maybe even after 14 minutes, Rangers were quite happy to allow our 11 men to have more possession because they were 2-0 up and we never looked like scoring. McGregor made 1 "save" in the whole game, catching a weak header that might not even have been on target.

Yep, its an appalling performance against ten men.

1 hour ago, smcc said:

I think you will find that Alan Stubbs said that we were out to beat Dundee and Rangers. In fact you posted these very words in the post to which I replied. My point was that it is possible to set out to beat Rangers and also believe that results against Rangers won't define our season. I certainly did not suggest that we can't go and try to get something out of a game against ten men.

It appears that your grasp of the English language is pretty tenuous.

Whit?

does this mean we should be doing much better against TEN man for an hour, or no? Also never heard the phrase suggesting a 'tenuous grasp of a language" ... well certainly not in english.

6 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Just seen the highlights.

Baird , guilty as charged for the first.

Not overly disappointed with the second goal, good ball, good header.

Whilst I didn’t think we’d win, I’m pleased we competed over the 90 minutes.

Plenty of other teams will go to Ibrox and lose by more.

I think it’s best not to over analyse this game, lets get our 3 new signings this week ( should of heard about this Friday, but think it’ll be obvious soon why we didn’t ) , and move on.

This will be a good season, I’ve no doubt.

You summed it up well. 

1 hour ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

A few trusted (and sensible) Rangers fans I spoke to saying they thought we looked a big strong team and should have no problem surviving in this league.

Lets hope they are right, for once,...

They are right I think but still need a little more muscle , pace and fitness.  But getting there. 

22 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Just seen the highlights.

Baird , guilty as charged for the first.

Not overly disappointed with the second goal, good ball, good header.

Whilst I didn’t think we’d win, I’m pleased we competed over the 90 minutes.

Plenty of other teams will go to Ibrox and lose by more.

I think it’s best not to over analyse this game, lets get our 3 new signings this week ( should of heard about this Friday, but think it’ll be obvious soon why we didn’t ) , and move on.

This will be a good season, I’ve no doubt.

I agree with pretty much all of your post, but let's not lose sight of the fact that we only competed because they were down to 10 men. Prior to that I had the fear big time and thought it looked liked it could have become a cricket score. We will never know though. All we can judge the performance on is based on the way the game panned out and in that respect, you are correct to say we competed.