Aberdeen v St Mirren Bet Fred Cup

St.Ricky

I admire your optimism mate but this is a real tough watch against a team that has struggled early on his season and was giving a number of fringe/young players a run.

We need, at least, 4 starters to come in if better quality than we already have and based on the standard Stubbs has identified so far I’m not confident he’ll manage that.

Who have Aberdeen struggled against?

Did great v Burnley

Drew 1-1 with rangers who have been flying albeit with 10 men for a lot of the game

Beat Dundee away

Is that struggling

9 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

You complained about players deemed not good enough by the manager sat on the bench taking up a wage same went for our previous manager.

Now it’s who is better than who slight change of subject I never stated who was better than who from that lot.

It’s also crazy how one of the best managers ever never made any bad signings either for Man Utd emoji849.png

Now i have to admit i misunderstood your post . When i said we hadnt improved you came back with the names of those last season duds. I took this as you saying we had improved over them, thus my reply.

However, my initial assertion that those players signed by Stubbs i listed and are now deemed not good enough still stands.  If they were any good , they would be first pick . Again as i said, i hope they do well but i cant see it. 

As for comparing Stubbs with Fergie ??   Every manager makes bad signings , but you know what ?  Theres only ONE that i give a f**k about and that is whoever is at the helm at Saints.. Rae, Murray ,Ross etc all made mistakes and all got critiscism , i couldnt believe Ross signed Duffy or how bad he was for us . 

ETA : Cooke comes on as i type.. I would so love him to force my words down my throat !!

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

19 minutes ago, Gunni Thorfason said:

Correct,there will be a few sore ones this year which is just in accordance with moving up a level,we had a massive transition period over the summer,if we play livi,st.johnston,Motherwell etc and still can’t compete then maybe get worried,we had a great year last year and try and enjoy this,I think we all thought realistically stay up is the main remit this year,we are only two league games in let them try and get a foothold before the panic starts

Most sensible post today. :wink:

You complained about players deemed not good enough by the manager sat on the bench taking up a wage same went for our previous manager.

Now it’s who is better than who slight change of subject I never stated who was better than who from that lot.

It’s also crazy how one of the best managers ever never made any bad signings either for Man Utd [emoji849]

As much as there are some people on here who are constantly negative whenever we face any adversity you are the polar opposite.

We’re f**king shit at present and have been in almost every game this season. Stubbs may make more signings before the window shuts but I still expect us to be competitive whenever we play.

This has been dire. It’s ok to just admit it.

Just now, Kemp said:

McCann wont last long - which is a shame as Dundee are the only team worse than our boys club we have fielded this season!

Come on now that's not fair comparing our boys club to this team the boys are probably way better.

Well, not nice to be up here surrounded by happy Dons supporters.

The second half was miles better, albeit damage limitation.

Very similar to last season, taken apart by a better team who were faster/stronger all over the park.

I said a few weeks ago the top 6 in this league are some way above the rest, this proved it to me, so no surprises.

Never mind, a few more drinks in hospitality then home. 

Could be worse. We could be Dundee :lol:

f**k it. We move on. We have more important things to worry about. When we start losing like this to Livi, Hamilton, etc then I will start getting a bit concerned. 

Tonight the floor belongs to Elvis. I'll leave the knicker wetters to enjoy themselves. Off to walk the dog.