Aberdeen v St Mirren Bet Fred Cup

St.Ricky

4 minutes ago, ged62 said:

You going in the Livingston end?

Unfortunately, on that inept, clueless performance, I can see where he's getting the ideas. reminds me of Tommy Craig's disaster. Hope it's just teething problems but it seems more like toothless.

ETA. As an aside. Shankland scored 2 against Premier League opposition.

Edited by stlucifer

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I fully understand those saying we cant expect to beat the Aberdeens, Old scum , Etc , especially on their own patch but the manner of the defeat was the biggest worry.  Our defence has not improved since the start of the season, we get out muscled in midfield and up front we lack guile and firepower. Plus , as i said earlier, we have absolutely nothing on the bench to change games .

We need to improve pretty damn quick .

This. It looks like we need about 5 or 6 starters before the transfer window closes and the team needs to buy into Alan Stubbs style of play. Tall order.

I thought that as well, although in the 2nd half, when he was given more time, he looked a decent player.
Not the type for a battle IMO. 

He’s obviously got ability, but disappointed to see him stop chasing after he was dispossessed a couple of times. Don’t know if it was lack of heart or blowing out his arse. Hopefully he’ll get sharper and stronger with more games.

As much as there are some people on here who are constantly negative whenever we face any adversity you are the polar opposite.

We’re f**king shit at present and have been in almost every game this season. Stubbs may make more signings before the window shuts but I still expect us to be competitive whenever we play.

This has been dire. It’s ok to just admit it.

Did you read all my posts?

Is saying we should be 4-0 down in the first 5 mins positive?

We were dreadful today didn’t compete at all.

But my replies your reading are prob ones aimed at people calling for the likes of eckersley and Liam smith as if they would be our saviours.

We need quality in the squad and imo not an injury prone player and another defender good at going forward but suspect at the back.

I’m certainly not overreacting like a lot of people and maybe I’m guilty of being a bit patient willing to see what Stubbs assembles when his recruitment is complete before I start buying nappies.

What are the chances when we reflect on the first half of this season at the end of December, that we will be saying - " remember the start we made to the season when we could not beat Queens Park and Spartans over 90 minutes, got humped 6-0 at home by our previous manager's team, 2-0 at Ibrox against 10 men Sevco, and then 4-0 at Pittodrie - who would have thought that we would end the year in the top six of the SPFL?"

No I agree - the chances of that are fairly slim.

Serious question. I’m already sick of hearing ‘I never expected us to win today at (insert name of stadium)’... what’s the fcuking point if we don’t expect anything but an arse rogering at Celtic Park, Sevco Stadium, Pittodrie... and, I assume, Tynecastle, Easter Road... McDiarmid? Fir Park?

Where is it OK to expect last season’s Champions to turn up, compete, look organised, have a plan, not roll over and have our dicks tickled, and make a game of it? 

I try to be balanced and not overreact hysterically following a defeat but based on our last 2 showings i'm starting to worry. I didn't expect to win either game but i was at least looking for us to compete which is the least we should be getting. We need to improve fast, losing, like winning, can quickly become a habit and we can't afford for that to happen next week. Stubbs will get the time he deserves to mould us into a decent team that will compete but he's got a big job on his hands and he needs more quality before the window shuts.

2 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I try to be balanced and not overreact hysterically following a defeat but based on our last 2 showings i'm starting to worry. I didn't expect to win either game but i was at least looking for us to compete which is the least we should be getting. We need to improve fast, losing, like winning, can quickly become a habit and we can't afford for that to happen next week. Stubbs will get the time he deserves to mould us into a decent team that will compete but he's got a big job on his hands and he needs more quality before the window shuts.

The last 2 games have similar patters, we collapse early on, the game is gone and we setlle down and at least stabilise things.

The slow starts have to stop, we can't keep losing ealry goals and gifts into the bargain.

For the criticism the mangers taking it's surprising the players who have gifted goals in the last 2 games are getting off lightly. 

Not much the manager can do when the goalie passes straight to the opposition. 

19 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Unfortunately, on that inept, clueless performance, I can see where he's getting the ideas. reminds me of Tommy Craig's disaster. Hope it's just teething problems but it seems more like toothless.

ETA. As an aside. Shankland scored 2 against Premier League opposition.

That cant be right? I am sure there were no end of experts on here stating categorically that Shanks was an average League One player and not worth a transfer fee..!

get Mullen punted in a cash/player deal and let Brock/Shanks rampage defences....

Just now, proudtobeabuddy said:

In fairness to AS he inherited a squad in need of overhaul and he has had less time than most in our division to think about who he wants and get them in.  After today though he can be in absolutely  no doubt that he needs to get decent signings in now or it could be too late come January. Alan can't afford to hang about and wait for favours from Celtic and Everton. 

I remember we got gubbed 7-0 at Celtic Park then beat them the next week in Paisley.

Hidings at grounds of teams like the Old Firm and Aberdeen are nothing new. Been happening for as long as I remember. We got gubbed at Pittodrie last season too.

It’s just part of supporting a team like us.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The last 2 games have similar patters, we collapse early on, the game is gone and we setlle down and at least stabilise things.

The slow starts have to stop, we can't keep losing ealry goals and gifts into the bargain.

For the criticism the mangers taking it's surprising the players who have gifted goals in the last 2 games are getting off lightly. 

Not much the manager can do when the goalie passes straight to the opposition. 

I agree that individual errors are not the manager's fault but eventually the blame will lie with him if he doesn't replace the serial offenders who continue to make mistakes.

2 minutes ago, magnus said:

In fairness to AS he inherited a squad in need of overhaul and he has had less time than most in our division to think about who he wants and get them in.  After today though he can be in absolutely  no doubt that he needs to get decent signings in now or it could be too late come January. Alan can't afford to hang about and wait for favours from Celtic and Everton. 

I agree we are lacking quality in all areas especially the centre of defence and up front.

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I remember we got gubbed 7-0 at Celtic Park then beat them the next week in Paisley.

Hidings at grounds of teams like the Old Firm and Aberdeen are nothing new. Been happening for as long as I remember. We got gubbed at Pittodrie last season too.

i know that will happen on occasion, as long as occasion doesn't turn into habit. 

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Did you watch the game?

Football isnt actually only about results. Ive seen enough from Sunderland, Spartans, Queens Park, Rangers and today to know we haver very serious problems, a woeful recruitment policy and an incompetent managerial team (and what exactly is Darren Jackson doing for his wage?)

We were given a footballing lesson today by a much better and more settled team. 

We had no answer to their pace and quick passing. By my count Aberdeen created 8 to 10 decent chances. By comparison we made 3 or 4 half chances. We also gifted one goal (sorry Sammy) and a penalty. 

I am truly glad that we are not playing Aberdeen very often.  A lot to learn for both the management and players.

Lacking pace in wide areas forced us to play through the middle where Aberdeen just mopped things up and played the ball forward to their wide men to pin us back again.

5 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Did you watch the game?

Football isnt actually only about results. Ive seen enough from Sunderland, Spartans, Queens Park, Rangers and today to know we haver very serious problems, a woeful recruitment policy and an incompetent managerial team (and what exactly is Darren Jackson doing for his wage?)

Did you watch the full 90 minutes? 

Seems the 2nd half is being ignored by many, wonder why? 

I'm just leaving the ground, been a disappointing day, game over after 30 minutes, Dons supporters gloating and the usual over reaction on here.

Arbroath here I come. 

That cant be right? I am sure there were no end of experts on here stating categorically that Shanks was an average League One player and not worth a transfer fee..!
get Mullen punted in a cash/player deal and let Brock/Shanks rampage defences....
According to a guy sitting behind me at Pittodrie we had option to sign Shankland at start of season for a £10,000 signing on fee but we decided not to take up the deal.

8 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Did you watch the game?

Scouting hopefully but who knows.

Did you watch the game?

No I didn’t see the game. Certainly not surprised we got gubbed though. Wasn’t surprised when it happened last year and won’t be surprised when it happens again.

We’ve lost two out of our six competitive games, at Ibrox and Pittodrie.

We’ve had two games against teams of a similar level to us. Kilmarnock and Dundee, we won one and drew one.

Got out the league cup group stage for the first time ever. It’s been a good start.

I certainly won’t be pressing the panic button after losses at grounds where we almost always lose. Will you be?

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:
18 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

According to a guy sitting behind me at Pittodrie we had option to sign Shankland at start of season for a £10,000 signing on fee but we decided not to take up the deal.

Probably a decision made by Jack Ross. The boy is certainly on fire now.

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

No I didn’t see the game. Certainly not surprised we got gubbed though. Wasn’t surprised when it happened last year and won’t be surprised when it happens again.

We’ve lost two out of our six competitive games, at Ibrox and Pittodrie.

We’ve had two games against teams of a similar level to us. Kilmarnock and Dundee, we won one and drew one.

Got out the league cup group stage for the first time ever. It’s been a good start.

I certainly won’t be pressing the panic button after losses at grounds where we almost always lose. Will you be?

...couldn’t beat Spartans at home in 90 mins, or Queens Park. We got out of the group though, so it’s all good.