Aberdeen v St Mirren Bet Fred Cup

St.Ricky

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

As usual you dont have a clue what you are talking about.

We had only lost 1 of our last ten at Pittodrie! If you are going to treat it like a game of Football Manager at least get the result correct to have some sort of idea of what you are talking about!

St Mirren should be able to compete with any team in the country over 90 minutes. Stubbs has us getting pushed around like a team of schoolkids!

:hammer What planet have you come from....................and maybe time for you to feck off back, ya zoomer. 

2 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

... and Heaton might turn out to be a multi-million pound player too.

All I would say is if the fans start turning on the team we will go down make no mistake about that. We need to stick together fans and team. Fans start shouting abuse will be a downward serial of no return. 

Too many changes have been made personally I would have liked more players kept from last season with additions. It is what it is lets stick together if not it's doom and gloom .

Success  this season is staying in the league then building on that.

Roxy Music - Lets stick together amen 

He’ll be given a budget so will know what he has to play with.

We were wide open from the 1st minute today but the system didn’t change. GMS is Aberdeen’s best player when on form and he was repeatedly left one on one with Coulson. Usually that would be spotted and the system changed to provide some protection for the FB. The management team seemed happy to let that happen throughout the game.

We looked slow, sluggish and not really sure how we were meant to be playing. There’s no pace or invention up front and that back 4 isn’t good enough.

One word for today's display. Embarrassing! Sorry I've seen enough from Stubbs to know he's way out his depth. A left back who can't defend (not his fault as he's said he's not a left back), a centre back who runs like he's got a  HGV tyre on his back, a goalkeeper who will cost a goal every second game, a £75000 centre back who is now apparently fourth choice,  Cooke and King another 2 signings who can't get a game,  3 senior pro's told they are not good enough and to look for another club (really!! is he watching who is playing in front of them)  I said after the Dundee game if we went with that back four we would be relegated by Christmas. The rest of the team seem to be joining in!! Stephen Mcginn was almost anonymous today and so many others playing out of position.

Do not get me wrong I did expect to lose the game today but not with  no shape, no fight, no skill no nothing really. 4-0 flattered us. They created their first chance in 6 seconds and it could easily have been 8,9 or 10. Desperate times guys. Anyone who can take anything positive from today is delusional.

What we do about it with  a 3 year contract I have no idea. It'll take a miracle to turn this round.

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

All I would say is if the fans start turning on the team we will go down make no mistake about that. We need to stick together fans and team. Fans start shouting abuse will be a downward serial of no return. 

Too many changes have been made personally I would have liked more players kept from last season with additions. It is what it is lets stick together if not it's doom and gloom .

Success  this season is staying in the league then building on that.

Roxy Music - Lets stick together amen 

If we win next week there'll be a few reddys on here.

Just now, Mr Optimistic said:

One word for today's display. Embarrassing! Sorry I've seen enough from Stubbs to know he's way out his depth. A left back who can't defend (not his fault as he's said he's not a left back), a centre back who runs like he's got a  HGV tyre on his back, a goalkeeper who will cost a goal every second game, a £75000 centre back who is now apparently fourth choice,  Cooke and King another 2 signings who can't get a game,  3 senior pro's told they are not good enough and to look for another club (really!! is he watching who is playing in front of them)  I said after the Dundee game if we went with that back four we would be relegated by Christmas. The rest of the team seem to be joining in!! Stephen Mcginn was almost anonymous today and so many others playing out of position.

Do not get me wrong I did expect to lose the game today but not with  no shape, no fight, no skill no nothing really. 4-0 flattered us. They created their first chance in 6 seconds and it could easily have been 8,9 or 10. Desperate times guys. Anyone who can take anything positive from today is delusional.

What we do about it with  a 3 year contract I have no idea. It'll take a miracle to turn this round.

It's ok, next week is a must win game. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

With Fitzpatrick as Chief Exec its probably going to have to be paid up in full ! No escape clauses, guaranteed !

Edited by lenziebud

1 minute ago, Mr Optimistic said:

So, if we beat Livingston next week it will be a miracle?

Maybe we could set up a grotto and generate some extra cash.Innocent smiley 1

I've been sitting in a terrace bar in Crete drinking G&Ts - did I miss anything?:whistle

Go large on the house ouzo, no drama here, u missed nowt really
We got pumped by the second best team in the land in a cup competition we won fairly recently, it’s someone else’s turn.
The new manager is seeking a compatible blend of players for our team, it’s a work in progress
The body of the Kirk is restless, oh and there’s a relegation six pointer next week. It’s August at the start of another new season.
On other words, same old story, one league up from last year
We still linger on the lost Ross potential.
Same shit different season.

13 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

And the award for most inappropriate user name goes to...

Beginning to sound a bit like the "Shankland wont score against premiership opposition" drone..... thirty plus goals between Reilly & Morgan last season that, as yet we havent replaced!

Wasn’t me who said that Shankland won’t score against Premiership opposition.

Given the choice, I’d have taken Shankland over Reilly this season anytime. I’d also have taken Hardie over Reilly.

Chucking Morgan into the 30 goal equation won’t alter the fact that 11 championship goal Reilly wouldn’t have been the answer this season.

5 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Wasn’t me who said that Shankland won’t score against Premiership opposition.

Given the choice, I’d have taken Shankland over Reilly this season anytime. I’d also have taken Hardie over Reilly.

Chucking Morgan into the 30 goal equation won’t alter the fact that 11 championship goal Reilly wouldn’t have been the answer this season.

Discussed Shankland today with some Aberdeen supporters who watched him before he came to us and have always said he was a very good prospect.

They think with a strong manager he will score goals in our top league, doubt we'll go for him as his current goal scoring would put him put of our budget.

Time will tell if he's one that got away. 

You have to build from the back - have a strong centre back pairing and same in centre midfield. Facts are that currently we are weak right down the spine of the team and that needs to be urgently addressed. Bad news about Gary Mac  as I’ve not seen anything this season to suggest that we are strong enough in defence to compete at this level.  Simple balls over the top and crosses into the box and we look like conceding every time.

The manner of the last two defeats are a concern ......... didn’t lay a glove on Rangers who played with ten men for an hour and today we were totally outplayed, outfought and outclassed. 

If Stubbs signs another 2 or 3 players this window he'll equal or surpass Jack Ross's 11 signings in his first window. Time to stop moaning about the squad he inherited and see what his own signings are made of. At the minute he has unearthed precious few Stephen McGinns / Harry Davises / Cammy Smiths but appears to have found more than his fair share of Craig Stories / Pal Fjeldes.

1 minute ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

If Stubbs signs another 2 or 3 players this window he'll equal or surpass Jack Ross's 11 signings in his first window. Time to stop moaning about the squad he inherited and see what his own signings are made of. At the minute he has unearthed precious few Stephen McGinns / Harry Davises / Cammy Smiths but appears to have found more than his fair share of Craig Stories / Pal Fjeldes.

Stubbs has also unearthed his fair share of supporters who scrape around to find anything negative they can.

Start a list.........................<_<