Aberdeen v St Mirren Bet Fred Cup

St.Ricky

I believe I can criticise the performances of the manager and the players without “writing them off”.

In fact it would be almost impossible to write off many of the players Stubbs has brought in as they’ve hardly featured.

Most of our games this season have been disappointing. That’s not an overreaction, it’s just an opinion based on the lack of defensive capability, pace, creativity and striking prowess that have been evident.

Hopefully, the flashes against Killie, Dumbarton and Dundee are indicators of what we are in store for but it’s not much of a leap to think that might not be the case.

BTW, my earlier comment about Aberdeen struggling early in the season was based on their shitfest of a performance v Rangers 10 men for 80 mins and the awful follow up v Dundee where they need a pen to put them away. My Aberdeen supporting mate felt both performances were really poor and that they were struggling to find a bit of form.

Seems they just needed the right opponent.[emoji849]

Was I even talking to you then [emoji23][emoji23]

Burnley? Or do we just ignored they games?

3 draws in 90 mins against teams with much bigger budgets than them and they beat a team they should beat who gives a f**k if it’s a penalty or OG that ain’t a team f**king struggling you muppet.

Thistle gave the Champions a much tougher test yesterday and were ultimately undone by a team littered with internationals and multi-million pound players.

We got f**king hosed by Gary McKay-Steven, Stevie May and a team that ended up with 6 (I think) under 21’s in the line up.

Aye Ferguson and Wright are shite aren’t they.

Gary McKay Steven won’t rip any other teams in this league apart either your making some great points

50 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Is "shrieking" the new word you looked up in the dictionary recently without actually reading the meaning, as you seem keen to use it at every turn?

People on here have a legitimate concern as to the fate of our team in the aftermath of two lacklustre, inept performances.

They are not "shrieking".  Or at least I would imagine they are not  screeching at the top of their voices while typing. They are making their concerns public. Just because you couldn't give a feck doesn't mean everyone who does is caterwauling.

Oh shrieking is absolutely the correct word.

I love the implication that by not shrieking and rending my garnents that it somehow means I dont give a f**k.:lol:

"Caterwauling" :lol:

Was I even talking to you then [emoji23][emoji23]

Burnley? Or do we just ignored they games?

3 draws in 90 mins against teams with much bigger budgets than them and they beat a team they should beat who gives a f**k if it’s a penalty or OG that ain’t a team f**king struggling you muppet.

Well, you quoted my post so I assumed so.

You can, as is your M.O., twist this any way you want and pick up on the bits you feel support your view.

I decided to ignored (sic) the Burnley games as I hadn’t seen any footage and based my view on watching the 90 mins against Rangers and the highlights v Dundee on Red TV. Both games suggested that Aberdeen weren’t the team they were last season and were missing this likes of McLean and Rooney.

I said “struggling” and that clearly upset you as it doesn’t fit your view of the task facing St Mirren. Choose any word you like but the bottom line is that they weren’t playing or scoring goals freely and I’d have expected us to put up more of a fight.

BTW, if Aberdeen can get results and performances against teams with much bigger budgets why can’t we?

Why are people trying to justify a team who are not even competing, with "we dont measure ourselves against team a, team b etc"  "our season wont be dictated by results against team a, team b etc", thats simply crap - this team wouldnt compete in the championship. There is not one player thats been brought in that you would say has improved us since last season.

Stubbs is a fraud, how long is he going to get away with it?

Well, you quoted my post so I assumed so.

You can, as is your M.O., twist this any way you want and pick up on the bits you feel support your view.

I decided to ignored (sic) the Burnley games as I hadn’t seen any footage and based my view on watching the 90 mins against Rangers and the highlights v Dundee on Red TV. Both games suggested that Aberdeen weren’t the team they were last season and were missing this likes of McLean and Rooney.

I said “struggling” and that clearly upset you as it doesn’t fit your view of the task facing St Mirren. Choose any word you like but the bottom line is that they weren’t playing or scoring goals freely and I’d have expected us to put up more of a fight.

BTW, if Aberdeen can get results and performances against teams with much bigger budgets why can’t we?

Sorry didn’t realise your alias was proudtobeabuddy that’s the post I replied to that you then quoted.

BTW how long has Stubbs been in charge of newly promoted st Mirren and how long has mcinnes been in charge of Aberdeen?

Why are people trying to justify a team who are not even competing, with "we dont measure ourselves against team a, team b etc"  "our season wont be dictated by results against team a, team b etc", thats simply crap - this team wouldnt compete in the championship. There is not one player thats been brought in that you would say has improved us since last season.
Stubbs is a fraud, how long is he going to get away with it?

Yep can’t compete only have 3 points from 2 games

Aye Ferguson and Wright are shite aren’t they.

Gary McKay Steven won’t rip any other teams in this league apart either your making some great points

Look mate, I believe this might be difficult for you to understand but I like to think I see both sides of any argument. When it comes to St Mirren, 40 years of watching them has taught me to enjoy the highs as much as possible because the inevitable lows will follow as they do for any small club.

My view, which is clearly at odds with yours, is that the current team are not performing, the manager hasn’t recruited well and we could be in for a long season. I understand the “let’s see where we are on Aug 31st” argument and it holds water. That doesn’t mean, however, I won’t call out spineless performances when I see them. You want to see everything though a different lens and that’s up to you.

I don’t think Aberdeen have been themselves so far this season and with the introduction of some fringe and younger players I was hoping we’d have made more of a fist of it than we did. If you believe we should be getting rolled over in that situation then you’re not setting your sights high enough but the benefit, from your perspective, is that you’ll seldom be let down so you’ve got that going for you.

It’s not the fact we lost to Aberdeen, it’s the reports from those who were there that it was four going on ten, and we were down and out in under thirty minutes. My memory of the last time up there was that we were competitive, and until Stelios made a Stelios of it, we were still making it a contest. Yesterday apparently was no contest. That’s what worries me, that it looks like we have regressed to the point where we cannot go to places like Ibrox or Pittodrie and even stay in it as a contest and it’s not even half time.

Expecting Stubbs to have a team capable of going to Ibrox or Pittodrie and turning them over is one thing. Expecting us to be able to make a game of it is another. Stubbs isn’t in this alone. Start earning your wages, Rice and Jackson.

Look mate, I believe this might be difficult for you to understand but I like to think I see both sides of any argument. When it comes to St Mirren, 40 years of watching them has taught me to enjoy the highs as much as possible because the inevitable lows will follow as they do for any small club.

My view, which is clearly at odds with yours, is that the current team are not performing, the manager hasn’t recruited well and we could be in for a long season. I understand the “let’s see where we are on Aug 31st” argument and it holds water. That doesn’t mean, however, I won’t call out spineless performances when I see them. You want to see everything though a different lens and that’s up to you.

I don’t think Aberdeen have been themselves so far this season and with the introduction of some fringe and younger players I was hoping we’d have made more of a fist of it than we did. If you believe we should be getting rolled over in that situation then you’re not setting your sights high enough but the benefit, from your perspective, is that you’ll seldom be let down so you’ve got that going for you.

My view is your talking shite to suit your own agenda.

I quoted you about you trying to make our performance look even worse than it was if that was even possible by saying we were playing against a Aberdeen side that was struggling which is utter bullshit and also now mentioning Aberdeen player as if they are shit they would get a game in any side out with rangers and Celtic

Recruitment has been poor so far but it isn’t finished yet il give him till the window closes to sort out our issues.

BTW I never said anything to you about criticism of players performances I’ve criticised them myself so again stop making shit up

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Oh shrieking is absolutely the correct word.

I love the implication that by not shrieking and rending my garnents that it somehow means I dont give a f**k.:lol:

"Caterwauling" :lol:

Enlighten me oh sage.

In what way does "shrieking" correctly describe the posters in question's contribution?

Is English your second or third language?|

My view is your talking shite to suit your own agenda.

I quoted you about you trying to make our performance look even worse than it was if that was even possible by saying we were playing against a Aberdeen side that was struggling which is utter bullshit and also now mentioning Aberdeen player as if they are shit they would get a game in any side out with rangers and Celtic

Recruitment has been poor so far but it isn’t finished yet il give him till the window closes to sort out our issues.

BTW I never said anything to you about criticism of players performances I’ve criticised them myself so again stop making shit up

At no point did I mention Rangers or Celtic so either address my points directly or ignore them but don’t make shit up.

So, Stevie May has been struggling to score goals and hold down a place on the Aberdeen team. That is indisputable.

Scott Wright and Frank Ross have, I believe, 5 starts and 2 goals between them.

Devlin is in at centre back in place of the injured McKenna for his 2nd start and the 18 year old Ferguson has 15 competitive appearances between Accies and Aberdeen.

Then you add in the (Cosgrove aside) U21 bench and that brings me to he conclusion that his wasn’t a great Aberdeen side.

What part of that don’t you get? We should be doing better against that particular team. Simple as that and if you don’t see that or accept it then, like I said, you won’t have that bad a season as you’ll rarely be disappointed.

At no point did I mention Rangers or Celtic so either address my points directly or ignore them but don’t make shit up.

So, Stevie May has been struggling to score goals and hold down a place on the Aberdeen team. That is indisputable.

Scott Wright and Frank Ross have, I believe, 5 starts and 2 goals between them.

Devlin is in at centre back in place of the injured McKenna for his 2nd start and the 18 year old Ferguson has 15 competitive appearances between Accies and Aberdeen.

Then you add in the (Cosgrove aside) U21 bench and that brings me to he conclusion that his wasn’t a great Aberdeen side.

What part of that don’t you get? We should be doing better against that particular team. Simple as that and if you don’t see that or accept it then, like I said, you won’t have that bad a season as you’ll rarely be disappointed.

[emoji23][emoji23] who said you did mention Celtic or rangers? I mentioned them to address your point of making out they aren’t up to much as players

Devlin is in to replace McKenna really?

Even though he’s started every game this season [emoji23] As has Ferguson.

Wright is a very promising young player and will feature a lot for Aberdeen this year looked good v Burnley when he came on and we couldn’t handle him yesterday.

Of course we should be doing better who the f**k has said we shouldn’t be.

I’ve addressed your points and cant be arsed flooding this thread discussing how Aberdeen aren’t struggling this season any longer.

13 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I couldn't really say from Aberdeen hospitality at the game. :rolleyes:

You'll get a better idea next week, result depending, I would suggest, disregarding the usual moaning faced cnuts. :wink:

Will you be at next week's game as a paying punter? 

Discussed Shankland today with some Aberdeen supporters who watched him before he came to us and have always said he was a very good prospect.
They think with a strong manager he will score goals in our top league, doubt we'll go for him as his current goal scoring would put him put of our budget.
Time will tell if he's one that got away. 
Heard Hearts are planning on using Lafferty money on Shankland.

7 minutes ago, Ronnie said:
14 hours ago, faraway saint said:
Discussed Shankland today with some Aberdeen supporters who watched him before he came to us and have always said he was a very good prospect.
They think with a strong manager he will score goals in our top league, doubt we'll go for him as his current goal scoring would put him put of our budget.
Time will tell if he's one that got away. 

Heard Hearts are planning on using Lafferty money on Shankland.

The guy sitting behind you again? :whistle

now mentioning Aberdeen player as if they are shit they would get a game in any side out with rangers and Celtic

Mate, you’re having a ‘mare today and you don’t even have the excuse of a small budget or transfer window to help you.[emoji23]

At centre half, yes.

It’s me that’s having the mare[emoji23][emoji23]

He came into replace him for our game but started every game so far ok then[emoji106].

IMG_1534688789.712401.jpg

I’m pretty sure he was playing center back v Burnley and they had him at center back v rangers with McKenna.

But never mind you carry on [emoji106]

Apologies for not being up to speed with the defensive line ups McInnes puts out there. I made a mistake on Devlin.

The above part of my post pretty much sums up what I’ve been saying. They brought in a number of guys yesterday who’ve been on the fringes of their team and battered us and that shouldn’t happen IMO.

I said that they were struggling and you lost your shit. Perhaps if I’d said “struggling to find their best form” you wouldn’t have got your panties in a twist and we could have saved everyone from this pish.

Anyway, we’re not very good at the moment. I’m out.