Aberdeen v St Mirren Bet Fred Cup

St.Ricky

That first half performance illustrates how far backwards we have gone. Although we got pumped 4-1 by them last season we actually gave them a better game than the score line suggested. Surely a manager that played centre half at such a high level can sort out the basics at the back. Aberdeen are getting through us with aimless punts over the top. It’s unbelievable. We are so slow all over the park too. Really painful viewing. Really hard to pick out any positives so far unfortunately. Hopefully Stubbs can work something at halftime to stem the humping, but I’m fearing an absolute hiding here.

2 minutes ago, guinness said:

Seriously I am at aberdeen it could be 6 we are not at the races.

Agree Guiness. I make it 8 chances to Aberdeen and 3 half chances to us. The pace of the Aberdeen midfield and attack tore us apart. Can only hope for a better second half but it would take a miracle to turn this around.

Anyone remember Dunfermline away around this time last year we were lucky it finished only 3-0 against a team that finished 25 points behind us in the end.

It’s a step up in level and we still need to strengthen the team not look back to players from last year as people keep calling for as if they would be our saviours

13 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Aye because we never got any pumpings in the championship even with Adam playing.

Shame we don’t have mackenzie fit, eckersly playing and Liam smith signed because we would be winning this game easyemoji849.png

Shame we havent replaced these players with ones who are better and ready for the Premier challenge.

10 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Preparations not right... a bit naïve... harsh lesson but you need to be on it for the full 90  and from the 1st second.. too nervy and not managed to get a grip yet.

We don't have a full squad yet and loads of new guys and younger guys - it is hard to watch, but we are still on early days. Young guys gain hard lessons from days like these...

The good news is we have 3 points in the league and more players will be coming in. (We have to have them)

Disappointed in Magennis and the entire midfield in the 1st half and both full backs, and Samson - but mistakes happen...

Let's see what the 1/2 time team talk does and how Stubbs reacts with substitutions

I would bring on all 3 subs........and not take anyone off.

7 minutes ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

Too late now but thought last week and today we could have started with three centre backs. Heaton has to start earning his wages. 

Completely agree. Think Stubbs was looking to try and get an early goal with a positive set up but should by now look to keep us in games at the start particularly with our defence the way it is.  

1 minute ago, buddies1877 said:

Anyone remember Dunfermline away around this time last year we were lucky it finished only 3-0 against a team that finished 25 points behind us in the end.

It’s a step up in level and we still need to strengthen the team not look back to players from last year as people keep calling for as if they would be our saviours

Just now, Callum Gilhooley said:

Shame we havent replaced these players with ones who are better and ready for the Premier challenge.

We have three players taking a wage sitting on the bench , brought in by this manager and deemed not good enough to play.  Three wages wasted so far.  I hope they turn out to be good players for saints, i really do but i have seen nothing yet to suggest they will.

We all knew we would have to improve in just about every posistion and quite simply - we havent 

We have three players taking a wage sitting on the bench , brought in by this manager and deemed not good enough to play.  Three wages wasted so far.  I hope they turn out to be good players for saints, i really do but i have seen nothing yet to suggest they will.
We all knew we would have to improve in just about every posistion and quite simply - we havent 

Kirkpatrick, Stewart, Buchanan,Duffy,Irvine and Todd.

Is their much difference from them last season