Saints Fan Wants Compensation

Unfortunately his would set a precedence and every time the  ball went into crowd, the club would be hit with a ball.        Sorry, bill. :rolleyes:

Think quite generous of club offering season ticket.

Edited by pod

Just as well he wasn't standing behind the goal at Love St during Tom Hendrie's reign as manager. I once watched Hendrie hit about 30 shots pre match with every single one off target. I'm sure one of his efforts ended up in Grants the builders yard !

Edited by munoz

Just as well he wasn't standing behind the goal at Love St during Tom Hendrie's reign as manager. I once watched Hendrie hit about 30 shots pre match with every single one off target. I'm sure one of his efforts ended up in Grants the builders yard !

I was at that game, ( can’t mind v who ) but if he was playing he would of made a spectacle of himself :P

10 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

should contact www.specrepairs.com , they will fix them for about £30 , and that will be him in profit to the tune of £100

Add a free season ticket....value to him £140 and throw in a place at hospitality at the next home game. Unfortunate all round.

11 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I once stood on a shite down that inadequately lit lane outside Alloa's ground. 

Never noticed until the stench kicked in while I was sitting in the queue in the car park.

Where's my new shoes and car mats Goodwin, ya c**t?

I'm not swallowing that. you're story stinks.

He can explore his legal options all he likes but it is inconceivable that the club could be held liable for something like this. Nobody forced him to buy a ticket right next to the goals. You would need to be as thick as shit not to realise you might get hit by a ball sitting there.

Good of the club to offer him a season ticket. 

Remember that was standing in front of him, saw the ball heading straight for me and ducked  :toilet  sorry about that bill :lol: 

Was thinking of putting in a claim myself actually,  was juggling my Bounty Bar from my selection box when suddenly it skited out my hand and hit Stelios Demetriou who then took a big chunk out of it,  was thinking maybe a season ticket or a hospitality for 2 with a free bar :cheers

I find it shocking that in 65 years supporting St Mirren, it never twigged that he might get hit by a stray ball if he stood behind the goal.

Next he'll want to sue god/the council/any hapless f**ker for him getting wet when it rains.

The offer of a season ticket really is generous, generous indeed.

Unless one is an absolute halfwit of the highest order then one really ought to be aware that being struck by a football that is being kicked in your general direction is a possibility.  This wonderful club of ours are NOT to blame for this incident.  In order to be blameworthy one must prove some form of liability.  How can our club be liable for an event that was entirely foreseeable?

Especially at his age he really ought to have known better. 

Incidentally if I get hit (again) by a football I WILL not petition the club for any form of compensation as I know better, that is unless a player clearly kicks the ball at me deliberately as that would be different.