Saints Fan Wants Compensation

Guest TPAFKATS
Most people are looking at this and basically siding with St Mirren. The gesture was not required. In saying that its not nice that anyone gets hit in the face. The fact he wears glasses are his issue not the clubs

I mean if I watched Saints through the Hubble Telescope and a player hit me and broke the telescope could I sue Saints for millions ??  Be a bummer getting it thru the turnstiles in the first place !!   
It really isn't 'his issue' that he wears glasses.

Was in the south stand on sat and a little kid and a gentleman of advancing years were hit in two incidents in both Ross Stewart and Jeff King respectively made serious efforts to ensure they were ok and the gentleman and the parents of the little boy were happy to acknowledge the apologies, that's the way it should be.

Guest TPAFKATS
No I probably would not

Unless he did something outrageous like slapped me with his walloper but I cannot forsee that can you?

Also it would need to be some walloper slap to break my glasses!!!!
You're far too old to be having these thoughts. You'll end up in the hospital

11 hours ago, TediousTom said:

that is unless a player clearly kicks the ball at me deliberately as that would be different.

10 hours ago, pod said:

You would sue the player then. :wink:

36 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

No I probably would not

Just give him a wee ticking off. :spud5

15 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
21 hours ago, DougJamie said:
Most people are looking at this and basically siding with St Mirren. The gesture was not required. In saying that its not nice that anyone gets hit in the face. The fact he wears glasses are his issue not the clubs

I mean if I watched Saints through the Hubble Telescope and a player hit me and broke the telescope could I sue Saints for millions ??  Be a bummer getting it thru the turnstiles in the first place !!   

It really isn't 'his issue' that he wears glasses.

Certainly not the clubs issue as he is trying make out

On 8/8/2018 at 3:43 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Now if it did go to a change for  public safety a ring fence can be easily  made with huge openings when needed.

They had these at Hillsborough. The fatal flaw is that you need an idiot supervisor to make the call to open the locks.

We had people stupid enough to lock the fire exits at the Bradford ground. I would suggest those sorts of idiots are still in these types of role.

I wouldn't trust any of them with a barge pole.

This is all daft anyway. There will be no fences or mesh nets erected.

On 8/8/2018 at 8:27 AM, TediousTom said:

Incidentally if I get hit (again) by a football I WILL not petition the club for any form of compensation as I know better, that is unless a player clearly kicks the ball at me deliberately as that would be different.

Mmmmmmm tempting. now who do I know?  :D

On 8/8/2018 at 1:35 PM, Lord Pityme said:

Actually Risk Assessments are there for venue operators/owners to do just exactly that "List every single risk" then... and this is the crux of the matter... take reasonable precations to eliminate/reduce the risk!

so how have the club eliminated or reduced the risk? I can't see any visible way that they have? No practice safety nets (used widely) for the warm up, no shooting into empty corners, and as far as I know no tannoy announcement/sign advising of the heightened risk before kick off, and perhaps at half time.

i think perhaps people are looking at this as 'hey... we're st mirren fans, it was an accident, get over it, dont claim against the club you say you support'..?

but is it any different to getting a hot drink spilled over you by the kiosk staff, getting hit by a swinging/falling item in the stadium, slipping on icy surface in the stadium, seat collapsing injuring you..? No, is the short answer, but because its football, and its a football he's been hit with, in a football stadium then thats ok.... 

if you follow that logic then being hit by a bike at the speedway, a Ferrari at the F1, or a Rugby player coming over the barrier and landing on you breaking several bones should be treated the same?

in this case all the club had to do was fix his specs.... jeez is that such a biggie?

lets look after our own, not pillory them because they got hurt and suffered through no fault of their own.

BIG NEWS BIG NEWS, just heard the SFA have just decided in the future we gotta play without a ball ..... JUST in case  :)

I always speak in English. Whit ur yi on aboot?
if yi don't wear a scarf yer no a real supporter. Whit's wi folk wearing the team shirt??? That's a merchandising thing that reaps billions. I always think supporters wearing the shirt are simply sartorially challenged or deluded wannabe football tragics. Seeing some fat bastard wearing the club shirt shuffling along the road lukin like something fae the Serengeti tryin tae fun a watering hole is no a guid luk.
Take note all slobby jobby knobbies oot there. Wear a scarf.

Say that again? [emoji12]

5 hours ago, helpmaboab said:

I always speak in English. Whit ur yi on aboot?

if yi don't wear a scarf yer no a real supporter. Whit's wi folk wearing the team shirt??? That's a merchandising thing that reaps billions. I always think supporters wearing the shirt are simply sartorially challenged or deluded wannabe football tragics. Seeing some fat bastard wearing the club shirt shuffling along the road lukin like something fae the Serengeti tryin tae fun a watering hole is no a guid luk.

Take note all slobby jobby knobbies oot there. Wear a scarf.

Ye spelt that rang...… its OAN

8 hours ago, jaybee said:

BIG NEWS BIG NEWS, just heard the SFA have just decided in the future we gotta play without a ball ..... JUST in case  :)

Don't have to go to those extremes.  Soft ball will be suffice. :wink: 

I'll never learn. Should have carried on reading (geb62) posts.

Edited by pod