Big Signing Happening Now....

Lord Pityme

Hold tight Jack. Stubbs is governed by what the board have made / will make available. 

Stubbs has brought in 8 ( iirc) players on permanent and loan. The board have backed him so far as they did with JR . The fact that he doesn’t feel that three of these signings are good enough to play does not fill me with confidence . He knew the budget when he came and he has spunked a chunk of it on English non league players who are not up to it.
In my opinion , not one single player brought in to replace players moved on is better than what we had.

12 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Stubbs has brought in 8 ( iirc) players on permanent and loan. The board have backed him so far as they did with JR . The fact that he doesn’t feel that three of these signings are good enough to play does not fill me with confidence . He knew the budget when he came and he has spunked a chunk of it on English non league players who are not up to it.
In my opinion , not one single player brought in to replace players moved on is better than what we had.

Fair points CG but I think P McGinn is a decent player.  I think Coulsen is decent.  I think Willock has it in him. Have only seen Hodson once but you don't get picked often as he has for his country by being a bad player.  These players are as good we had or better in my opinion....bearibg in mind that Smith went back to Hearts and Eckersley is out injured.   The jury is out on Brock Madden for me.  The others are there,  I believe as squad players.  Big week coming up.  With Davis away we need an Experienced,  no nonsense stopper,  we need a pacy winger and an Experienced and physical striker.  Go do your business Tony and get the man what he needs. 

Fair points CG but I think P McGinn is a decent player.  I think Coulsen is decent.  I think Willock has it in him. Have only seen Hodson once but you don't get picked often as he has for his country by being a bad player.  These players are as good we had or better in my opinion....bearibg in mind that Smith went back to Hearts and Eckersley is out injured.   The jury is out on Brock Madden for me.  The others are there,  I believe as squad players.  Big week coming up.  With Davis away we need an Experienced,  no nonsense stopper,  we need a pacy winger and an Experienced and physical striker.  Go do your business Tony and get the man what he needs. 

Absolutely spot on Ricky

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Tony is a nice guy but I am not convinced at him doing the business.

46 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Tony is a nice guy but I am not convinced at him doing the business.

Regrettably letting Tony anywhere near the business side of things is guaranteed to be a failure. Never understood why we appointed a chief exec who clearly does not have any qualities for that role. I know he loves the club. So do I but I wouldn't be able to do the chief exec job. Frankly I find his ridiculous comments embarrassing. I wonder if the length of contract Stubbs  has was Tony's doing.  Presumably GLS is able to curb Tony's excesses. I certain ly hope so

Regrettably letting Tony anywhere near the business side of things is guaranteed to be a failure. Never understood why we appointed a chief exec who clearly does not have any qualities for that role. I know he loves the club. So do I but I wouldn't be able to do the chief exec job. Frankly I find his ridiculous comments embarrassing. I wonder if the length of contract Stubbs  has was Tony's doing.  Presumably GLS is able to curb Tony's excesses. I certain ly hope so

FFS !

8 hours ago, Oldfellow said:

Not happy with sacking the manager (by some on here) after 3 league games? Let's now add in a Strong Mirren legend and remove him too. Noone on here knows what attributes Tony has for the job but our club appointed him so I will wager they know his strengths and areas for improvement.  

Stepping up a league was a big enough leap but losing Jack plus 3 of our top players was a further blow.  Whether Stubbs has the right credentials to manage our team will be determined within the next 2 months. The Chairman and our Tony will then have a decision to make should the current performance level remain. 

Finally, we have no idea who was available and unwilling to join our squad over the summer.  Our budget restricts certain players and why our youth development has to thrive to bring through the next batch of talent allied to bringing in the right experience and blend by AS.  The squad we had last season got found out at Pittodrie and irrespective of winning the league was considered not good enough to compete at this higher level. Early days so I wait to see who else Stubbs brings in.

Edited by nedflanders123

We are lucky to have someone like Tony in that role at our club.

We are st Mirren we will appoint more managers that are not successful than are successful.

Was it terrible bit if business getting Ross on longer contract and getting decent amount of compensation.

So far they have had 1 great appointment and doesn’t look good at the moment for their 2nd.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2018 at 12:06 PM, Oldfellow said:

Tony bleeds Black and White

Jesus Mary and Joseph....our new manager has us winning the league

baby steps Oran...Scottish Cup first :D

4 minutes ago, billyg said:

Posted this on twitter yesterday to some disbelieving laughter ! Now we know why Stubbs got no more money in the lead up to the close of the window , and I believe we're looking at more experienced free agents !

Expect  2-3 free agents to come in mate.