Big Nasty Nic - welcome to the Saints!

13 minutes ago, billyg said:

Only 6 months , I'm sure that's what must have held it up , and was probably at the player's request.  If he tears this league up it might turn out to be bad news. Anyway , welcome to the club !

If he tears it up it wouldn't be bad news...

Also an option to extend until end of the season, possibly tied into numbers of games played?

Edited by foxbar_bud

17 minutes ago, billyg said:

Only 6 months , I'm sure that's what must have held it up , and was probably at the player's request.  If he tears this league up it might turn out to be bad news. Anyway , welcome to the club !

Always difficult to know which side these options lie with. When Harry signed I assumed the option to extend would have been ours, but clearly I was wrong!

In this case it's clear Birmingham want shot of the player, and his contract will be up there next Summer so every chance that as you say it's there at the players request so he can possibly get a move in January (assuming he's playing well).

I'm a bit underwhelmed by his Wiki page but end of the day we can only fairly judge him in the Black and White and hopefully he'll be a great addition to the squad!

16 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I'm hoping he will Badger the opposition defences and be an advantage at Sett pieces.

If he can do that, he can avoid any baiting from the saints support.

7 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

You’re a gas Ken

5 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Bugger, i thought i'd mined that one to death.

But someone else had to keep digging.

I wonder if he is TB... or not TB our top scorer? Hope so, would be good if he could avoid the cull in January!

15 minutes ago, Drew said:

How so?

They signed him four years ago and he has played six games in that time, being punted out on loan twice (now three times). His goalscoring record has been far from impressive and at 25 I don't think they see him as one for the future.

His track record isn't great but if he does buck that trend and score a shedload of goals then losing him in January will be a nice problem to have!

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

They signed him four years ago and he has played six games in that time, being punted out on loan twice (now three times). His goalscoring record has been far from impressive and at 25 I don't think they see him as one for the future.

His track record isn't great but if he does buck that trend and score a shedload of goals then losing him in January will be a nice problem to have!

In that case, why haven't they mutually consented him? Might cost a few bob, but plenty of clubs do it.

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

Ok here is how it works..................... below is someone great ..............

Full name Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro[1]
Date of birth (1985-02-05) 5 February 1985 (age 33)[2]
Place of birth Funchal, Madeira, Portugal
Height 1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)[3]
Playing position Forward
Club information
Current team
Juventus
Number 7
Youth career
1992–1995 Andorinha
1995–1997 Nacional
1997–2002 Sporting CP
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2002–2003 Sporting CP B 2 (0)
2002–2003 Sporting CP 25 (3)
2003–2009 Manchester United 196 (84)
2009–2018 Real Madrid 292 (311)
2018– Juventus 0 (0)
National team
2001 Portugal U15 9 (7)
2001–2002 Portugal U17 7 (5)
2003 Portugal U20 5 (1)
2002–2003 Portugal U21 10 (3)
2004 Portugal U23 3 (2)
2003– Portugal 154 (85)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19 May 2018
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 30 June 2018

Lets try and see if Juve will give him to us on a 6 month loan

I am not sure why people are subdued about this signing.

This guy scored 7 goals in 23 appearances in the top league of Dutch football. All of his clubs are at a much higher level than us.

He will tear this league a new arsehole if he has the right attitude and gets good service.