Big Nasty Nic - welcome to the Saints!

6 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Shrieking pish? Are you that stupid? How would you know how I reacted vocally? And wouldn't you class what you've written in the same mould or does your arrogance blind you to your own reaction?

You are shrieking again. It's a bit hard to hold a conversation with someone as emotional as you.

Think about it.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Has he had a shot on or off target in any of his 5 appearances yet?

Maybe in 20 years we will look back and wonder if he and Cody were the worst Saints forwards of all time. Who knows. Actually better make that 10 years considering the average on here:P

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Maybe in 20 years we will look back and wonder if he and Cody were the worst Saints forwards of all time. Who knows. Actually better make that 10 years considering the average on here:P

Not as bad as the Tommy Craig season when we had a choice of Callum Ball, James Marwood or Ross Caldwell.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Can I. ask what is bizarre regarding him returning to his parent club. 

He's going back three months early Ian , we could have kept him around the place if we wanted. I would imagine we're going to be paying part of his wage until January too as it was a 6 month contract with an option to extend.

5 minutes ago, billyg said:

He's going back three months early Ian , we could have kept him around the place if we wanted. I would imagine we're going to be paying part of his wage until January too as it was a 6 month contract with an option to extend.

The only thing I can think of is Oran does not have him in his plans. I get where you are coming from regarding contract Billy. Think that's us down to 28 players in the first team squad far too big for a club our size. 

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

One thing to be learnt from this, people should stop getting excited about a few video clips. :lol:

and stop being excited about what is said at a player's unveiling at a press conference:

Speaking to stmirren.com, Nicolai said: "I’m happy to be here. I’m looking forward to starting and I’m really excited.The fans can expect a really hard working player and, of course, I’m here to score goals. I’m a big lad and I feel like I have good pace."

St Mirren manager Alan Stubbs said: "We’re glad that we’ve managed to get it completed. He’s got qualities we feel that can add to what we’ve already got. He’s a big lad, he’ll hold the ball up and he’s got a good pedigree so from that point of view it’s a good addition to the squad."He gives us that physical aspect up top which is important and we are going to need"He’ll come into the squad. He’s fit enough, he’s training with Birmingham so from that point of view we don’t really have any issues."

#reallyhardworkingplayer #scoregoals #goodpace #qualities #addtowhatwevegotalready #holdtheballupwell #goodpedigree #goodadditiontothesquad #physicalaspectuptop #fitenough

In reality he played as a striker in 5 games, got no goals, hardly won an inconsequential header anywhere on the park, and didn't ever look like scoring and barely registered a shot on or off target in 5 games. Negatives - a Stubbs signing who didn't look as good as what we had when Stubbs arrived... Ross Stewart, Gavin Reilly and Danny Mullen. Positive... he's made more of an impact than Cody Cooke. Other positive Oran-not-as-good-a-record-as-Alan-Stubbs has signed a centre forward who looked decent in his first game and scored in his second who roughly fits the descrption of Brock-Madsen at NBM's press conference and has promoted Jamieson into the first team squad who has made more of an impact in 1 subs appearance than NBM or Cody Cooke.

29 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The only thing I can think of is Oran does not have him in his plans. I get where you are coming from regarding contract Billy. Think that's us down to 28 players in the first team squad far too big for a club our size. 

Aye and 24 of them are centre mids ! :lol:

3 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

and stop being excited about what is said at a player's unveiling at a press conference:

Speaking to stmirren.com, Nicolai said: "I’m happy to be here. I’m looking forward to starting and I’m really excited.The fans can expect a really hard working player and, of course, I’m here to score goals. I’m a big lad and I feel like I have good pace."

St Mirren manager Alan Stubbs said: "We’re glad that we’ve managed to get it completed. He’s got qualities we feel that can add to what we’ve already got. He’s a big lad, he’ll hold the ball up and he’s got a good pedigree so from that point of view it’s a good addition to the squad."He gives us that physical aspect up top which is important and we are going to need"He’ll come into the squad. He’s fit enough, he’s training with Birmingham so from that point of view we don’t really have any issues."

#reallyhardworkingplayer #scoregoals #goodpace #qualities #addtowhatwevegotalready #holdtheballupwell #goodpedigree #goodadditiontothesquad #physicalaspectuptop #fitenough

In reality he played as a striker in 5 games, got no goals, hardly won an inconsequential header anywhere on the park, and didn't ever look like scoring and barely registered a shot on or off target in 5 games. Negatives - a Stubbs signing who didn't look as good as what we had when Stubbs arrived... Ross Stewart, Gavin Reilly and Danny Mullen. Positive... he's made more of an impact than Cody Cooke. Other positive Oran-not-as-good-a-record-as-Alan-Stubbs has signed a centre forward who looked decent in his first game and scored in his second who roughly fits the descrption of Brock-Madsen at NBM's press conference and has promoted Jamieson into the first team squad who has made more of an impact in 1 subs appearance than NBM or Cody Cooke.

Indeed.

I never look at video clips or read any blurb, including managers comments post match which some seem to get a hard on about, I'm more interested in what they actually do on the park.

One thing, early days for our current centre forward............................:wink:

Thread started on August 9th when everyone seemed to have an open mind on Stubbsy (& NB-M) - it didn't take long for it all to fall apart!