Big Nasty Nic - welcome to the Saints!

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed.

I never look at video clips or read any blurb, including managers comments post match which some seem to get a hard on about, I'm more interested in what they actually do on the park.

One thing, early days for our current centre forward............................:wink:

Agreed it's early days for OK's signings. I would say I always have lower expectations for loan signings than permanent signings and for players signed outside the transfer window because they are without clubs compared with those signed during the window. Stop me if I have mentioned this before, but I do belive Mr Stubbs made a complete dog's breakfast of things at the outset of his signing spree: Heaton (permanent deal), Cooke (permanent deal), King (permanent deal), Coulson (loan), Kpekawa (permanent deal) and attempting to sign Anthony Stokes even after he went AWOL before La Manga, and pursuing Kenny Miller twice to offer a 38 year old striker a 2 year deal. Coulson so far is the only one out of that first batch of signings to show any hint of patchy form at our level.

On 8/13/2018 at 2:54 AM, W6Saint said:

Not so Nasty Nic yesterday. Would’ve liked to have seen him bully that Sevco defence.
Having said that there’s a big gap between playing against that opposition and the Livingston’s of this world... time will tell.

To be fair to Gerrard he's closed the gap on Livi down to 1 point now.

Find it difficult to be too disparaging of anyone trying to play up front for us. Service awful. Ball tends to be kicked in their general direction and they are to win it and use it on their own. Do not think the guy ever had a cross to attack in the box. Having said that he never looked much of a player. early days yet but Jackson looks much better. 

What else has happened at the club that's 'bizarre' beyond giving Alan Stubbs a job as manager? Everything else has been a knock-on. 

How long you got?

Pretty much every single thing that’s happened at the club since we won the league in April has been bizarre.

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

How long you got?

Pretty much every single thing that’s happened at the club since we won the league in April has been bizarre.

Misguided rather than bizarre (I’ll give you Stokes & Miller as examples of OFgood thinking) - I think signing Willock & Brock-Madsen showed that Stubbs recognized his initial policy of singing V9 players (always a long shot as I said at the time) & Academy players from England with no first team experience was inadequate, his subsequent targets were by and large more experienced at our level.

As I’ve said the start of this thread shows Stubbs was clearly still trusted, or at least being given the benefit of the doubt, by the majority of posters. 

56 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Misguided rather than bizarre (I’ll give you Stokes & Miller as examples of OFgood thinking) - I think signing Willock & Brock-Madsen showed that Stubbs recognized his initial policy of singing V9 players (always a long shot as I said at the time) & Academy players from England with no first team experience was inadequate, his subsequent targets were by and large more experienced at our level.

As I’ve said the start of this thread shows Stubbs was clearly still trusted, or at least being given the benefit of the doubt, by the majority of posters. 

However it's phrased,  a period where you have just been promoted,  lose your successful manager,  sign another,  back his signings then bin him before appointing a new manager they had declined to appoint in the last vacancy is bizzare/misguided/highly unusual.  Best wishes to big Brock Madsen. I hope  he can fulfill his dreams elsewhere. 

16 hours ago, Buddie-Boy said:

Shame it didn't work out, but good to see the club being proactive ad cancelling the loan.  The injured goalie should be next surely?

Rogers is season-long and Lyness is only here until January (when it's rumoured Rogers could be fit again), so I'm guessing Rogers will be staying for the season.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, turrabuddie said:
10 hours ago, munoz said:
Too small for Livi , he's only 6ft 3.

Didn't see him live, not given a chance by us, played out of position or simply not good enough ?

Not good enough . Three years at Birmingham , three loan spells then freed speaks volumes .

They paid half a million for him but then again , Barnsley paid a similar amount for Kpekawa. Just shows the ridiculous money available Swilling around in the English game doesn’t always equate to quality.