St Mirren v Livingston 25th August 18

St.Ricky

3 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Actually a few of us at the games have been discussing this as a possibility. It wouldn't be such a big surprise. He's not been at his best recently. Maybe he needs a wee rest to recoup his energy and drive.

Top Man : Captain Fantastic

Completely disagree. We can discount the Aberdeen and Rangers games because everyone was shite and we can’t drop the whole team. We saw in the Spartans game what happens when he doesn’t play and what happened when he was brought on.

Dropping McGinn is a frankly ridiculous notion. 

Stubbs will live or die by HIS decisions and they are HIS decisions to make. There was little or no fight in the team last week and keeping heads up is a big part of the captains job. it was only after Jones came on that order was restored. I'm not calling for McGinn's head. I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me if he was rested.

Thought he looked tired and not as mobile or vocal as usual last week

5 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

According to the BBC David Martindale Officially running Livi today. Holt taking a back seat.

I've heard he is quite confident as we play on grass that his team will be up to speed. He's hoping one of their players will be a hero in the game. 

No Chance McGinn being dropped or rested - if he is not in the 1st 11 he cannot be fully fit.

On last weeks showing Hodson in at LB should be a certainty.

I would not be surprised if Alfie starts and would not be surprised if Smith is the one that misses out... (I know he is a favourite of many)

Given that Livi defend well and hit on the break, I think Stubbs will not want to go behind - and perhaps start more defensively till we are well settled and in control..

Here's hoping  Saints 2 v Livi 0     goals by Brock and Mullen   (or hedging bets   ..  1 for Magennis)

Signings this week, when all the strikers agents find out what their best financial options are and who the players will choose either money or more guaranteed game time...

C O Y S

Pointless stat of the day - we played Livingston 3 years ago today. The 2-3 match in the League Cup where a certain Danny Mullen scored for Livi.

I only know this because my youngest was born on that day and was immediately introduced to life as a Saints fan with defeat within 6 hours of his life beginning (out of the womb). Unsurprisingly he is 3 today. We are going to the circus at 2pm so feck knows how I'm meant to find out this shock news.

6 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Pointless stat of the day - we played Livingston 3 years ago today. The 2-3 match in the League Cup where a certain Danny Mullen scored for Livi.

I only know this because my youngest was born on that day and was immediately introduced to life as a Saints fan with defeat within 6 hours of his life beginning (out of the womb). Unsurprisingly he is 3 today. We are going to the circus at 2pm so feck knows how I'm meant to find out this shock news.

Yeh and this time last season we went to Livi, played a fair bit of the game with 10 men and won. Pity we can't call on the double scorer that day today!

Yeh and this time last season we went to Livi, played a fair bit of the game with 10 men and won. Pity we can't call on the double scorer that day today!

IMG_1535198308.648100.thumb.jpg.7b5a92a839d528be5f811f06aeaad276.jpg

What about that time?

4-1 to Livingston

Notice the holy grail of defenders in that line up too according to some if only we had them we would never have had they results against rangers and Aberdeen away

I’d not be surprised to see S.McGinn dropped today, he’s been poor the past few games and the game seems to pass him by when he plays in that deeper role.

Similarly if we stick by the 4-3-3, Cammy Smith could drop out too.

Depends if you prefer to fit players into a system, or find the system that suits your better players more....

6 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

IMG_1535198308.648100.thumb.jpg.7b5a92a839d528be5f811f06aeaad276.jpg

What about that time?

4-1 to Livingston

Notice the holy grail of defenders in that line up too according to some if only we had them we would never have had they results against rangers and Aberdeen away

All I feel about Eckersley and MacKenzie is it would have been better to hang on to them until we had replacements lined up rather than telling them the day after La Manga they can find other clubs. It's still early days in Stubbs' reign but he's signed 3 players who can play at centre-half and a couple of strikers and apart from Jones the early signs on those 5 don't look overly promising. We might only have 3 or 4 starters today left from last season's line up above.

12 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Ricky, you made it perfectly clear you dont care about others opinions of you.

I would be more inclined to believe that if you stopped responding to every post of Faraway's with a set of responses which are as instantaneous as they are predictable and tedious.

He clearly gets to you but that doesn't mean you have to become the living embodiment of Pavlov's Dog in response.

Have some dignity FFS or get some funnier "banter".

I reply when I choose.

Yesterday was a quiet day

Understand your point.

As fantastic as Stephen McGinn was for us last season, I was a bit worried that he would struggle a bit in the top league.

I didn't go to the blue bigot or Aberdeen games, but I thought he found the going a bit tough against Dundee, particularly when tracking back. I also thought that he wasn't as vocal as he should be as captain.

If he hasn't been up to par in the games I have missed, then maybe he should be "rested".

Only time will tell whether it turns out to be folly or genius, on the part of our manager.