St Mirren v Livingston 25th August 18

St.Ricky

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

As fantastic as Stephen McGinn was for us last season, I was a bit worried that he would struggle a bit in the top league.

I didn't go to the blue bigot or Aberdeen games, but I thought he found the going a bit tough against Dundee, particularly when tracking back. I also thought that he wasn't as vocal as he should be as captain.

If he hasn't been up to par in the games I have missed, then maybe he should be "rested".

Only time will tell whether it turns out to be folly or genius, on the part of our manager.

Without McGinn there is no leadership and not much experience in that team. I think we may struggle without him.

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Without McGinn there is no leadership and not much experience in that team. I think we may struggle without him.

It's certainly a risk.

You are correct that leadership may be a problem. However, other players need to be leaders too.

We can't just rely on S.McGinn.

I’d not be surprised to see S.McGinn dropped today, he’s been poor the past few games and the game seems to pass him by when he plays in that deeper role.
Similarly if we stick by the 4-3-3, Cammy Smith could drop out too.
Depends if you prefer to fit players into a system, or find the system that suits your better players more....

Agreed

Had Stephen been a new signing from England and performed the way he has so far this season would anyone be surprised by him taking a seat on the bench. It’s a new season harder opposition we cant keep comparing last season to this season and judging players from it.

I have no doubt though that Stephen has the correct attitude to go out there when next called upon and prove that he deserves to be one of the 1st names on the team sheet.

if jones is his replacement and doesn’t perform though then Stubbs will have to take the flak for that it’s a big call from him.

Hope we get a good result today if not will be a busy forum tonight.

All I feel about Eckersley and MacKenzie is it would have been better to hang on to them until we had replacements lined up rather than telling them the day after La Manga they can find other clubs. It's still early days in Stubbs' reign but he's signed 3 players who can play at centre-half and a couple of strikers and apart from Jones the early signs on those 5 don't look overly promising. We might only have 3 or 4 starters today left from last season's line up above.

What use to us is injured players?

Stubbs said at the q&a night that the discussion he had with them and a few others that he was looking to strengthen their positions they weren’t told to go find new clubs he said mckenzie attitude was great but then got injured didn’t say same about ekersley I’m guessing he took it badly

So it’s McGinn, Baird and Smith dropped.

Sammy

Hodson
Jones
Kpekawa
Coulson

Flynn
Willock
McGinn
Magennis

Mullen
Brock

Have to be honest....don’t see much wrong with that. I’m a big Cammy smith fan but not convinced we have found a formation that suits him and the team yet...

Cammy needs to be playing behind the striker other than that he’s pretty ineffective also Mullen has been the better of the 2 so far this season in my opinion and deserves to be their if brock is starting up top.

Starting line up doesn’t shock me at all.

4 minutes ago, Thorizaar said:

Wondered this too. How does a supporter seemingly know the line up on a Friday night?

It's not unusual for line ups to be decided or discussed with players before Saturday.

If that happens then there are many different ways that this info could be conveyed to someone with close ties to the club.

I don't think we'll be needing the services of Sherlock Holmes.

Edited by FTOF

41 minutes ago, Hendo said:

37 minutes ago, FTOF said:

It's certainly a risk.

You are correct that leadership may be a problem. However, other players need to be leaders too.

We can't just rely on S.McGinn.

So S.McGinn does play.

What do we know?:lol:

I think that I shall refrain from commenting on speculation from now on.

Or maybe not.....................

Oh and another thing Ricky.
Faraway and Wendy might be annoying arseholes on here from time to time, as are we all. They are quite happy to direct banter at others but, unlike DrewBaird or a stream of others on here, they  at least have the decency to take it back when it is thrown at them without feeling the need to run around screeching for people to be put on ignore or banned (usually).
You should be careful who you label as decent people. You are calling this all wrong IMO.
Now if you will excuse me I need to go and wash my tongue after ramming it up the joint arses of Wendy and Faraway. Please dont make me do that again. The taste is indescribable.

Tell the truth, you enjoyed the taste.

Ya whompercunt

So S.McGinn does play.
What do we know?:lol:
I think that I shall refrain from commenting on speculation from now on.
Or maybe not.....................

To be fair the way it was made out by some the big shock at 2pm you would assume it would have been our captain.

Too much negativity and OTT reaction from our popular supporters on social media getting abit of info on the line up

1 minute ago, saintargyll said:

a victory today will see us take 6pts from a possible 9pts

why is every f**ker pishin their knickers so early in the season

crazy

We had a pretty mixed set of results last season against Livi, I would say most people are predicting a win (some as high as 3-0) or a draw today.