St Mirren v Livingston 25th August 18

St.Ricky

That was woeful today.
Confirmed what I said on other threads. Stubbs is arrogant beyond belief and seriously underestimates Scottish Football, absolute jobbers from all manor of levels of English Football brought in to disrupt a winning team when they are clearly of no better quality.

Baird and Smith should’ve been started and I think the reactions of other senior players and those players themselves spoke volumes

Dressing room unrest and a manager losing fan backing rapidly already... not good.

9 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

We actually look to be going further away from being a blended team.
There’s a complete confusion about us from top to bottom just now.
It’s not even like we are having a go and being beaten out of naive ambition. It’s just we are utter shite presently.
Get your job done and get it sorted Stubbs.
Three year deal ?!?!.......that looks like a sore one at present.
On the plus, it’s early days, downside, we look to be light in quality players and as a consequence have no plan.

We all new Jack would be away sooner rather and later and there was the impression that the BOD had a plan B , But feck me if Stubbs is that plan or even why we waited to the eve of the new season to appoint him

So far I can't think of one player Stubbs has brought in that's been a success. Coulson ok now and then. Willock in patches is ok. A 6..3 forward who can't jump. 3 non league players who never play. A center back who's a bomb scare. His recruitment has truly been awful. Hope I'm wrong but his days of being a manager could be numbered.

He’s only brought in 2 non league players.

Agree with the rest though.

Stubbs must go!

We all new Jack would be away sooner rather and later and there was the impression that the BOD had a plan B , But feck me if Stubbs is that plan or even why we waited to the eve of the new season to appoint him

Indeed. Now we are on a rebuild and blend mission, work usually done pre season. It’s now a work in progress and as said above by a poster, Stubbs has dragged a wrecking ball through the squad and morale and shape needs fixing.
Tough job, imo the coaching personnel we have in place presently ain’t got it.

Hold on, you were literally berating me on another thread yesterday for even questioning Stubbs...

Or is this a whoosh...

I asked you who Stubbs had let go “without a second thought”.

The examples you gave were incorrect.

There isn’t anyone Stubbs has let go who would have made any difference today anyway.

In saying that, Baird & Smith are better than the guys who replaced them and nearly all Stubbs signings are shite.

Stubbs is also clueless.

But none of that changes the fact that you were wrong. [emoji12]

Terrible all round fans clearly flat from the start didn’t take long to turn on the team imo the online shite played it’s part in that.

I think the schoolboy defending played more of a part than anything that’s said online TBH.

That was just embarrassing today.

Madsen, Kpekawa, Jones and Coulson were just atrocious.

This won’t be popular but I was raging with McGinn today, lost the ball constantly, pulled out of numerous tackles and just plain hid. For a guy that’s been a rock and a star man for 18 months he chucked it today.

Mullen grafted today, got frustrated and started shooting from anywhere and ballooned two over the bar. He, for me, was the only one that looked like he gave a shit today.

I asked you who Stubbs had let go “without a second thought”.

The examples you gave were incorrect.

There isn’t anyone Stubbs has let go who would have made any difference today anyway.

In saying that, Baird & Smith are better than the guys who replaced them and nearly all Stubbs signings are shite.

Stubbs is also clueless.

But none of that changes the fact that you were wrong. [emoji12]

Baird and Smith are better than their replacements and nearly every Stubbs signing is shite... but none of the outgoers would’ve made a difference today?

Tying yourself in knots Captain.

That was absolutely f**king woeful. From back to front nobody was good enough and they genuinely didn’t seem to know what’s expected of them as the shape was constantly changing.

Stubbs took 11 mins to decide one of the triallists against Sunderland wasn’t good enough. Well, he’s now had about 8 games to find out what we all knew after 10 mins. Kpekwa is not a professional footballer.

This can’t be fixed over the next few days which means we’re in for a long hard season.

Only St Mirren can go from the heights of winning the Championship to this sort of debacle in 3 months.

That was rank. Last 16 months obviously a dream l had and we are back to the classic home scoreboard of St mirren 0 opposition at least 1. We look doomed to return to championship based on that performance and apart from coulson yet to be convinced that Stubbs signings are better than who we already had.

There was also an interesting reaction from both McGinn and Magennis at Cammy’s introduction. Both made a point of giving him an OTT big high five, which seemed strange given the context of the game.

Maybe f**k all in it but my initial thought was that something just isn’t right.

That being said they should both be worried about them selves after that today. Either of them could easily be riding the bench next week.

Big reality check for many St Mirren fans today about Alan Stubbs ability as a football manager.

To appoint this guy before Jim McIntrye and Billy Dodds as coaches was as bad a decision as the SMFC board could have made. 

His signings from start to finish are also as bad as it gets.

Alan Stubbs is a decent individual and was a tremendous player but he is never a football manager and if we are to have any chance of staying in this league we need rid of him. It won't happen though till minimum October

What an abysmal showing today. Shockingly bad.

There was no cohesion, no spirit, and no direction. I'm afraid Stubbs has to carry the can for that, but I doubt he will.

Derek Ferguson is correct - we have regressed. That was as bad as it ever was in the dark days of Murray and Rae, and I can't see it getting any better as there is clearly something amiss around the club just now. When Stephen McGinn looks to have chucked, you know we are in major trouble.

We look doomed to return to championship based on that performance and apart from coulson yet to be convinced that Stubbs signings are better than who we already had.

Not convinced Coulson should be excluded from that yet. I missed the killie game but he’s been bang average in the other games.

All those saying he should be further up the park I don’t see that either.

6 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Here was also an interesting reaction from both McGinn and Magennis at Cammy’s introduction. Both made a point of giving him an OTT big high five, which seemed strange given the context of the game.

Maybe f**k all in it but my initial thought was that something just isn’t right.

That being said they should both be worried about them selves after that today. Either of them could easily be riding the bench next week.

Noticed that too. It lends credence to the rumour that Smith has been told he can find another club.

Gordon Scott needs called out right now. This team has major issues. We are shoe ins for relegation. The new players are not good enough. The Championship winning players have regressed to being poor   The captain, who can play at a higher level than us,  is being called out by AS despite being infinitely better than his signings. It's clear that all is not well.  As a fan who is paying to help GLS exit, I want to to know what is going wrong?. The management team look way out of their depth. Poor signings, poor tactics and no light at the end of the tunnel. Not acceptable.

Edited by magnus