St Mirren v Livingston 25th August 18

St.Ricky

Big reality check for many St Mirren fans today about Alan Stubbs ability as a football manager.
To appoint this guy before Jim McIntrye and Billy Dodds as coaches was as bad a decision as the SMFC board could have made. 
His signings from start to finish are also as bad as it gets.
Alan Stubbs is a decent individual and was a tremendous player but he is never a football manager and if we are to have any chance of staying in this league we need rid of him. It won't happen though till minimum October
The only we could afford to do is put Stubbs on gardening leave and put Rice in charge. Let's be honest he couldn't be any worse.

Billy a friend of mine left with 10min to go. Seen him at the home dugout pointing the finger and telling Stubbs what the f**k have you done to us plus more. Well done Billy if only we could see that kind of passion on the park. Utter garbage players don't know what they are doing can only be the managers fault. Hearts and Celtic will be cricket scores. 

1 minute ago, santaponsasaint said:
26 minutes ago, lenziebud said:
Big reality check for many St Mirren fans today about Alan Stubbs ability as a football manager.
To appoint this guy before Jim McIntrye and Billy Dodds as coaches was as bad a decision as the SMFC board could have made. 
His signings from start to finish are also as bad as it gets.
Alan Stubbs is a decent individual and was a tremendous player but he is never a football manager and if we are to have any chance of staying in this league we need rid of him. It won't happen though till minimum October

The only we could afford to do is put Stubbs on gardening leave and put Rice in charge. Let's be honest he couldn't be any worse.

I think Rice could be way fekn worse. If AS goes then so does Rice and Jackson.

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Ground rife with Cammy Smith being told he can go heard it all afternoon. 

If true WTF? As a clueless sap even I know Cammy is a  cracking St Miirren player and the new signings can't lace his boots so unless the boy is a disruptive prik, which I doubt,  what is going on? 

6 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
12 minutes ago, magnus said:
I think Rice could be way fekn worse. If AS goes then so does Rice and Jackson.

We wish. Would cost more than we could afford

All I know is that both Rice and Jackson seem to have publicised personal challenges that would render them high risk as leaders

When Stephen McGinn looks to have chucked, you know we are in major trouble.

Captain should never chuck it. Regardless of what’s happening off the park.

He’s out there playing for the football club and the fans before he’s playing for the management.

You’re right though, he did chuck it. And I wasn’t surprised when he did.

Wouldn’t have him in my top 10 St Mirren captains this century.

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

He’s out there playing for the football club and the fans before he’s playing for the management.

I'm not excusing it, but there is clearly something far wrong as it is unlike him.

He never chucked it at all. That’s just nonsense. He was poor like all the others and his reaction to Cammy’s introduction says something about the spirit in the dressing room IMO.

Not going to get drawn on any Top 10 pish but he was a good enough captain when he helped keep us up and then get promoted. What’s changed?

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

I would easily have him in the top 10. He was as instrumental, if not more, than JR getting us to where we are from the shit we were in. I am staggered at how bad he was today. I try very hard not to say things on this forum that I wouldn't say in  front of my maw so I am signing off now as I feel so angry about where we find ourselves this evening.

2 minutes ago, DLBud said:

He never chucked it at all. That’s just nonsense. He was poor like all the others and his reaction to Cammy’s introduction says something about the spirit in the dressing room IMO.

Not going to get drawn on any Top 10 pish but he was a good enough captain when he helped keep us up and then get promoted. What’s changed?

He didn'twant to be out there today, going by his body language. That shocked me as much as anything else.

Edited by Drew

Any chance of playing Dumbarton again? That way Stubbs can do the traditional thing and resign afterwards (see Murray and Rae).

Cannot believe we won the Championship 3-months ago. Could see the new players weren't up to it against Spartans and Queens Park.

Will happily eat my words if Stubbs comes through but I don't see it happening

Edited by dumbarton_bud

Why is there so many rumours coming out the club now? True or false, why are we now totally incapable of dealing things behind closed doors, instead of absolutely everybody knowing what's apparently happening.

Talk of player chucking it after 9 games? We'd be stuffed under any manager if that's their attitude if things aren't going their way.